Login

Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Postby b.hard@mac.com » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:15 am

I have a bought version...on the first release the link did not work...
but I used it on some projects....
now..
...the newest release makes logic crash all the time...
I can not open said projects anymore without crashing.....
Are the first release (not Trial) and the second not compatible?
If you need more beta testers with up to date mac systems.......just send me a mail....
b.hard@mac.com
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:17 am

b.hard@mac.com wrote:I have a bought version...on the first release the link did not work...
but I used it on some projects....
now..
...the newest release makes logic crash all the time...
I can not open said projects anymore without crashing.....
Are the first release (not Trial) and the second not compatible?
If you need more beta testers with up to date mac systems.......just send me a mail....

is the trial version working?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby b.hard@mac.com » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:20 am

yes....as long as the trial lasted.....not anymore...I bought it ..got a new auth...and installed the first version....worked but not the link....
new version crashes logic....
b.hard@mac.com
User Level III
User Level III

Postby b.hard@mac.com » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:23 am

I will try to go back to the first release and see what happens...
b.hard@mac.com
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:27 am

Acusticaaudiouser33 wrote:
russianpolecat wrote:
Acusticaaudiouser33 wrote:It seems like the UM's meters don't really work when going for a light reduction of 0-1 db: They always do a jiggly dance showing 1-3 db reduction no matter how low input and threshold are set.

Has this been addressed for the release?

thanks and regards
Really? I'm not getting that behaviour at all. I can manage to get things so that the meters are barely moving, perhaps half a dB/1dB at most - there is still compression, indeed I think more than the .05dB/1dB suggests. I know they're working on more accurate meters, but nevertheless you should be able to get it to do light reduction. A levels issue perhaps?

Thanks for chiming in... I will check the release version - I've bought UM- and see if things have improved.
With the trial version things are really bad as regards meters: Switching from input to GR to output will interupt the audio (which it probably and hopefully shouldn't) and as I said here with me meters are irratic/jiggly/sluggish and sometimes completely wrong... and then sometimes when switching between IN/GR/OUT they reset and work 'more like expected' but still pretty unusable and jittery.

I checked: input showed no meter movement (as the source input fed into UM was particularly low in volume for this test) and I had the treshold set to '0' so there would be no compression (at timing setting 4). Still when switching to GR the needle jerks around between 0- 2/3db. Why?

Does this description make sense to you, AA, or would you consider my findings as 'unusual and as not encountered before in beta' ?

many thanks

it was a mistake of us: it was released a product in betatesting late and they had a little time for testing it. We'll remove the product mac osx from the dashboard and we'll complete betatesting on it. On windows side it should be fine

A note: everything will work exactly like in the trial version (apart the new link knob, which created issues). Everything else (someone reported the need to improve meters, for example) will be improved later. Commercial version is exactly like the trial version you tested.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby b.hard@mac.com » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:34 am

just as a note:
it would have taken 3 minutes for a beta tester on a macbook and logic on yosemite.....to find out that it is not working.....
....again ...if you need beta testers on mac....:)
b.hard@mac.com
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Support » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:43 am

Kamui76 wrote:Of I forgot...
In AU 32 (Bluecat patch) it's impossible to enable link controls.
The rest seems to work fine.
I'll do further testing tomorrow

Please detail OS and audio/video host.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:45 am

Jantex wrote:Same in my case: Cubase 8, Logic X and Pro Tools HD11...when setting right channel metering to GR I get enormous boost at the right channel.

Mac OSX, 10.10.4

Sorry, but a product priced that high should work from the beginning so it is a realy disappointment. I don't know who is responsible for beta testing these things, but obviously they are not doing great job at the OSX side.

We assume that
Cubase 8.xx > VST2 64 bits, correct?
Logix 10.xx > AU 64 bits, Correct?
Pro Tools 11, please tell us which adapter are you using.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:47 am

Acusticaaudiouser33 wrote:Thanks for chiming in... I will check the release version - I've bought UM- and see if things have improved.
With the trial version things are really bad as regards meters: Switching from input to GR to output will interupt the audio (which it probably and hopefully shouldn't) and as I said here with me meters are irratic/jiggly/sluggish and sometimes completely wrong... and then sometimes when switching between IN/GR/OUT they reset and work 'more like expected' but still pretty unusable and jittery.

I checked: input showed no meter movement (as the source input fed into UM was particularly low in volume for this test) and I had the treshold set to '0' so there would be no compression (at timing setting 4). Still when switching to GR the needle jerks around between 0- 2/3db. Why?

Does this description make sense to you, AA, or would you consider my findings as 'unusual and as not encountered before in beta' ?

many thanks

Please submit a support ticket, our beta team did not report similar issue with meters. We need several detail in other to research, and how to fix it.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:52 am

b.hard@mac.com wrote:just as a note:
it would have taken 3 minutes for a beta tester on a macbook and logic on yosemite.....to find out that it is not working.....
....again ...if you need beta testers on mac....:)

yes they reported it just after the release. Francesco and fabio assumed the mac osx release was running fine since the windows release was ok. Lesson learnt. Just after the summer vacations we'll work on the beta group further, for example now we need to add protools/aax now (we'll have a new format to mantain and betatest). We'll make an announce about that.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Ultramarine