Login

Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Acqua Effect plug-ins next releases (2014 - 2015)

Postby giancarlo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:07 am

exactly!
There will be free products, expensive products, cheaper ones and so on
In our offer we have homebrew beer, water, coke, nice tea and expensive old bottles of wine. Ultramarine is a Brunello di Montalcino for example.

I see some other developer apparently released "rack" products at a cheap rate (50 dollars for a single emulation) but people keep forgetting we are the king of cheap products: we released nebula with hundreds of them! thousands!
Rack products from other companies often advertised as "a lot of new products are in the pipeline, even for free" are based maybe on 4 emulations? 6 sometimes? a single freebie for months? do you think we'll release nebula 4 with 4 emulations at 200 dollars?

So if we release a product like ultramarine or pearl or a 430 it is correct to make it more expensive. Obviously a 1081 or an american eq will be cheaper.
It should be noted that our solution is pretty alone on the market: almost all other companies have a "similar" tone and digital common denominator, while we have a different voice.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:20 am

I must say, that whatever our wallets feel, and whatever we feel, Acustica unique way of doing things, unique sound, unique approach, make them the most interesting thing in years in audio industry. And I love a nice bottle of "brunello di montalcino"...But I love a nice beer too ! Depends on the weather and my state of mind.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:14 am

i really wouldn't mind feel like i own these plugins though
im not very found of the authorization system to be honest
if Acustica decided to ( God forbid ) close the shop of aqua , where would that leave us with our plugins when we upgrade our computers ?
would rather have an auth system like the new soundtoys system with the newer plugins where you can auth your plugins on your hdd or your ilok trough an ilok account
i also have some concerns about when the day come to core7 , it would be really sad if today s core6 plugins doesn't get upgraded , we have already seen that with the blue.
it would be a shame if today's core6 plugins get left in the dust like the blue, i would rather pay a small fee to get them upgraded instead of buying new ones that is inspired by something else than those i already got and love,
not saying im not gonna buy more new aqua though ,
but i would think about it twice if this happens in the future
and that we cant sell our plugins i also dont like

Am i the only one that think about this ?

Enough complaining :)
The pure sound of this eq`s are just incredible :D
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:33 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:would rather have an auth system like the new soundtoys system with the newer plugins where you can auth your plugins on your hdd or your ilok trough an ilok account

Authorizing to HDD has no real advantages in case company dies - you can't authorize new computer, except if you still use old HDD. Only "so hated" dongle is the solution for such a scenario.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:10 am

zabukowski wrote:
jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:would rather have an auth system like the new soundtoys system with the newer plugins where you can auth your plugins on your hdd or your ilok trough an ilok account

Authorizing to HDD has no real advantages in case company dies - you can't authorize new computer, except if you still use old HDD. Only "so hated" dongle is the solution for such a scenario.

Well that just confirm my concern about Acustica`s hdd auth then :) im not trying to be unfriendly just to be clear :) and i dont think Acustica is going nowhere but up and forward :)
I just like to have options

Wouldent post this if i diden`t love Acustica`s plugins so incredible mush :)

Would be really nice if Acustica at least could give us the choice to use an ilok if we wanted to :) i know many hate ilok but many do also love ilok :) , its nice to have your authorizations in one place when you wipe your hdd and reinstall your system

i suppose if we could auth our plugins on an usb stick instead of ilok that would be great to :) and those who prefers it the way it is today still could do that :)
Last edited by jfjer379@gmail.com on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:20 am

yes: in our case if the company will die we'll distribute simply a key generator
The same situation would not be possible using other methods
Before the end of the year we'll start working on a sort of authorization app.
What is missing now is a proper automated system for authorizing products at once
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:31 am

a further explanation: when you buy acqua plugins you are buying a skinned library - skinned using the n4 engine, already implemented also in current n3 products
They act like standalone products, but they ARE nebula
There is not a single line of code which says: "this is amber, this is murano"
The skinning language is now a complex platform: when we need to release pearl we add more complex objects for supporting properly new kind of buttons and so on.
Nebula is now a bit like the max platform.
There is an incredible developement cost, because for each new product we are supporting more building blocks, features, techniques.

But acqua IS nebula
They are ALL libraries
There is a COMMON authorization system
There is NOT a dead product: each acqua is a new library which will be supported forever, like all other nebula libraries
N4 will make it more intuitive
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:55 am

giancarlo wrote:yes: in our case if the company will die we'll distribute simply a key generator
The same situation would not be possible using other methods
Before the end of the year we'll start working on a sort of authorization app.
What is missing now is a proper automated system for authorizing products at once

Thank you Sir :)
really nice to know that, ok im not gonna talk about the ilok thing any more then haha
i simply gonna put auth files and the plugins on a usb stick and copy and paste when i need a new and fresh system :)

very nice to know that you would distribute a key generator for your customers "if God forbid that should happen"

You just gave me the biggest confidence i could have in a software company right now :D

i do think Acustica`s future is really bright though
And i also think Acustica will rule the plugin market in a couple years :D

Thanks again for your answer :)
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:06 am

i know aqua is nebula but i just have to have that plugin/hardware look , im so used to those nice UAD skins :) and now the Aqua skins that is superb looking to :)
i just cant move away from that :)

And i do think it`s the aquas that is gonna bring in new customers to the nebula world, i was so skeptical about nebula it self that i wouldn't benn an Acustica fan if it weren't for those fine aqua plugins.

And i really love that Acoustica now give us the chance to try before buy with they're newer plugins

my last posts have been very off topic from this thread
so sorry for that guys
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:33 am

Avgatzeblouz wrote:I feel the same as everybody. This is cool, but especially for the untouchable side. Too much expensive stuff is... too much. I know there is a freebie with it, but we need now a real La-2 or a CL1... anything that is a great mixing compressor that anyone can afford, and want. Actually, luck was missing on that side, since Black was delayed because of Slate and his toy, and the Prime comp is still not working, and not on Core6.
Anyway, AA is great, and releasing something new every 2 months. So, let us just put money aside...

im with you on that La-2 all the way :) wouldent mind a 1176 either , but the first of those i would like an la2, i got the ua mk2 ones and they are great , and they got nice color and behavior , but i think only Acustica can get the la 2 to sound super close to the hardware sonically , i haven't tried one of Acusticas `comps yet ( no trials ) so i don't know what level they are at in the behavior

the nebula it self it`s not for me , i rather have the plugin version :)
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Ultramarine