Login

Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Postby Antonello » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Postby mtalavera » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:59 pm

I just purchased UM last night. Acustica, I know the release date is this month, but is it going to be relatively soon like within the next couple of days for us in that position where our trial period runs out, yet we have purchased the product? If the official release, or even release to pre-sale customers, is going to be many days away, could us that have purchased maybe get our trial extended to cover the gap?
mtalavera

Postby giancarlo » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:22 pm

yes somewhat soon. It was planned for 3 august, it depends on feedbacks coming from betatesters

EDIT
I did not follow um bugs - actually I'm busy working on core 7 - but atm in our betatesting um thread they are discussing about hdd and windows 10, so I guess the product is ok. I'll keep you updated
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby eaccin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:41 am

How does the pre-sale works? I bought UM but tomorrow the trial expires.

I didn't even know I'd have to wait until full version is released...
Last edited by eaccin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
eaccin
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby SWANG » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:58 am

^buying during the presale gets you a 20% discount.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby eaccin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:07 am

Well, that I know...

So, as I understand now pre-sale means buy it and wait. I just think there should be a trial reset for customers who bought the full version. Or maybe just explain it better on the dashboard. But I'm new here, still learning how things work.

About the sound, that's why I bought it of course. Even bought the MJUC (very cool and versatile) to compare, sound alike but it seems the UM have some more magic happening. Really liked how the compression sounds, how it bites and smoothes the mids.
eaccin
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby mtalavera » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:12 am

eaccin wrote:Well, that I know...

So, as I understand now pre-sale means buy it and wait. I just think there should be a trial reset for customers who bought the full version. Or maybe just explain it better on the dashboard. But I'm new here, still learning how things work.

Acustica has made tremendous progress at the request of their customers on making demo versions available. There was a time in the not-so-distant past where there were no demos available at all and customers purchased on faith. I was one of those customers purchasing EQP1, Blue EQ, Titanium to name a few, and was not disappointed at any point with what I had purchased. Now, there are 10-day trials available, full versions of the product with a feature or two missing, but not one of those demos that inserts noise every so often (which is almost a useless demo in my mind, but I digress). Although there may be a short, or hopefully no, gap between the trial expiring and the release of the product, I for one appreciate the fact that demos are now available to begin with. I was completely on the fence about UM until I tried it. I purchased yesterday.

We need to continue to give Acustica our constructive feedback on their products and processes as I feel that is how a customer-focused company improves itself. I have full faith that the demo process will get more streamlined and the timing of the products will correspond with the product releases, or there will be some reset option for the demos as you have I have both suggested.

One thing to keep in mind about the demos. Please someone correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe the demo and full version are two separate products, meaning any work you have done with the trial will not automatically have the full version in its place with all your settings restored. I have written out the settings I am using on the two songs that have the UM demo saved. I will just remove the demo and insert the full version and recreate the setting manually.
mtalavera

Postby ce1909 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:23 am

mtalavera wrote:
eaccin wrote:

One thing to keep in mind about the demos. Please someone correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe the demo and full version are two separate products, meaning any work you have done with the trial will not automatically have the full version in its place with all your settings restored.

That's correct.
7) trial version will NOT be compatible with commercial version. Do NOT use on important project, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!! IT EXPIRES AFTER 10 DAYS AND WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING.
i7 5820k, 32GB RAM, Win7 x64
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:24 am

One thing to keep in mind about the demos. Please someone correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe the demo and full version are two separate products, meaning any work you have done with the trial will not automatically have the full version in its place with all your settings restored. I have written out the settings I am using on the two songs that have the UM demo saved. I will just remove the demo and insert the full version and recreate the setting manually.

To the best of our knowledge, this is indeed correct.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Acusticaaudiouser33 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:04 am

It seems like the UM's meters don't really work when going for a light reduction of 0-1 db: They always do a jiggly dance showing 1-3 db reduction no matter how low input and threshold are set.

Has this been addressed for the release?

thanks and regards
Acusticaaudiouser33
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to Ultramarine