Login

Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Acqua Effect plug-ins next releases (2014 - 2015)

Postby kj.metissage » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:37 pm

I guess it's gonna be more something like 250-300€.

Murano is already 200€.
kj.metissage
User Level V
User Level V

Postby giancarlo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:11 am

yes. Exact price will be announced soon
Higher than murano, but not 1200 eur
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby SWANG » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:56 am

flipnaut wrote:what ist that? Seems to be a vari-mu ... f-child?

yup!!!

Well the eq is simple to find :) You can get them very often on ebay...

tl-au d i o

ah ok. is it in a series containing the same name as one of the previously released acqua eqs? ;)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:27 am

ill think ill stick to my UAD f-child this time , price 200 - 300 is just to steep right now , it has to be insane good if im gonna buy it , think the ua one is pretty darn good especially the behavior and i can use lots of them including the 660 , would be mush more exiting with something else for me, but again you newer know with Acustica how good is gonna sound , the eq`s are insane good so im a little exited to at least try it and hear if it got a big edge over ua sonically . would have been much more exited over ivory comp or an L-2 , but that's me :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby tumburu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:13 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:ill think ill stick to my UAD f-child this time , price 200 - 300 is just to steep right now , it has to be insane good if im gonna buy it , think the ua one is pretty darn good especially the behavior and i can use lots of them including the 660 , would be mush more exiting with something else for me, but again you newer know with Acustica how good is gonna sound , the eq`s are insane good so im a little exited to at least try it and hear if it got a big edge over ua sonically . would have been much more exited over ivory comp or an L-2 , but that's me :)

I hope you mean La-2 :roll:

Indeed, the price is steep and it has to be really exceptional to jump on it. Will have to check the trial version first, on this one.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby kindafishy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:26 am

Very, very nice Acustica. Pretty exciting that the FC is the next compressor coming down the pipe. Waaaaaaaay too expensive for me. If it is around the 300 EUR mark, that is close to 430 CAD. That's about 3x more than I would ever consider spending on a software plugin, regardless of what it is.

I am in no way suggesting that it won't be worth that in terms of value - I am sure it will be - it's just much to much for the likes of me.

I thought pearl was a really cool EQ, but I didn't even demo it because it was also too expensive. I was excited the day I saw it was sold out because I could finally stop coveting it and move on with life.

I'm hoping that the FC is a limited run as well, ha ha, but I am guessing not.

...but hey! A new freebie is most welcome! Now 'that' is something I can afford! Thank you!

Thanks for all your hard work and for pushing the industry forward with your great tech, Acustica. Don't forget about us 'other folk' who are also interested in your products though. Personally, I'm hoping for a large range of very full featured core 6 mixing products that are in the 50 - 70 EUR range to come down the pipe. Honey was close, but no cigar for me. It sounded good, but not better than my current workhorse and it was still about twice what I want to be paying for plugins.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:38 am

I feel the same as everybody. This is cool, but especially for the untouchable side. Too much expensive stuff is... too much. I know there is a freebie with it, but we need now a real La-2 or a CL1... anything that is a great mixing compressor that anyone can afford, and want. Actually, luck was missing on that side, since Black was delayed because of Slate and his toy, and the Prime comp is still not working, and not on Core6.
Anyway, AA is great, and releasing something new every 2 months. So, let us just put money aside...
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby tumburu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:58 am

I guess we'll have another 'limited edition', this time not because of a specific amount of copies, but because of the price. Results could be pretty similar in the end. If it wasn't for the freebie I'd say Acustica is going in an unexpected direction. But that one could be the coolest freebie ATM.

Also, the Ivory comp is something I'm waiting for.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:08 am

I am not sure what this "current direction" people are worried about. While AA is starting to release more expensive Acqua products, are you forgetting the still affordable and just as awesome sounding Nebula libraries....? You want an affordable LA2a? Look no further than Nebula and Tim Petheric's amazing work. And so on and so on.....

I love the concept of the new Acqua stuff, but it also makes sense for a company to start offering "high-end" products for a higher price...as long as they don't leave the "other folk" behind....
Which they are not because we have Nebula and many other amazing and still affordable Acqua offerings. I also have a feeling that these higher priced things are not necessarily a sign of everything to come, but instead are signs to the audio world of what kind of quality AA is capable of. I love to know that the same people who make my favorite audio tools are also making emulations of coveted gear that is now rivaling the real thing.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby tumburu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:29 am

Don't misunderstand me; I'm perfectly fine with Acustica's line of products. I much prefer Acquas to Nebula, and would certainly be happy to have more to chose from. I'm using Nebula so much less lately in favor of those, and things were never better.

Pearl was a statement (a first in their history), the message being that not everything they release is for everybody. To me it looks like Ultramarine is reinforcing that statement, but OTOH the release of the freebie shows that Acustica does have something for everybody.

All this is cool.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ultramarine