Login

Versatile in pre-sale

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Versatile in pre-sale

Postby fabio.migliorati » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Versatile in pre-sale

Versatile+CORE6.PNG

Versatile is the first of a new series of hybrid EQs, combining the specific features of some Acqua plug-ins in a single product which boasts excellent performance and sound quality.
Thanks to our collaboration with the producer/sound designer/dj Gianni Bini, Acustica Audio can offer you a simple yet powerful parametric EQ, designed for tracking, mixing and mastering and aiming to be a great piece of gear for the pro-audio industry.
The whole design concept, by Gianni Bini, is the result of a work of careful selection and research. Our partnership with the artist has resulted in an innovative product whose main feature is versatility!

Versatile will be issued in bundle containing two versions: Mastering and Standard.

Versatile is based on new CORE6 engine, this revolutionary technology involving our convolution technique of FIR filters allows the condensing of a series of cascadeing filters to a single filter that is with which to perform the audio processing, instead of a series of filters, allow Acqua plug in to reduce latency up to 1/8.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=189
fabio.migliorati

Re: Versatile (presale)

Postby nonstandardryder » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:18 pm

Sometimes I think you guys hate filters. So no Lowpass or Highpass on the "versatile" EQ? ;p
nonstandardryder

Postby theheliosequence » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:37 pm

Yeah it seems like an EQ named versatile would have HP/LP... but perhaps we'll see that in the 'Honey' eq?

Any clue at all what this is based on?
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby tumburu » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:36 am

theheliosequence wrote:Yeah it seems like an EQ named versatile would have HP/LP... but perhaps we'll see that in the 'Honey' eq?

True
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby kindafishy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:20 am

Very surprised that this does not have filters. I assumed it would be a general purpose mixing EQ based on the name.

Which hardware is this based on?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 am

a mixture between green and amber, but it is not meant to be an emulation. For example it is clean - no preamp at all.
It is a mixing device, also the gui reflects this approach
Price is reasonable too. I dont think we'll have other similar products in the immediate future: I want to be sure you like this approach
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby udo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:08 am

I don't see much sense in this versatile eq at all. We got already a green eq and a amber eq !Rather update them to core6. Besides there are by far more acqua eqs than acqua comps.What about the announced ivory comp or emulations of other real top tube compressors?

I asked this in a few posts of mine before-with examples of relevant hard wares- but it seems they get ignored!
udo
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mightymosaic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:50 am

udo wrote:I don't see much sense in this versatile eq at all. We got already a green eq and a amber eq !Rather update them to core6. Besides there are by far more acqua eqs than acqua comps.What about the announced ivory comp or emulations of other real top tube compressors?

I asked this in a few posts of mine before-with examples of relevant hard wares- but it seems they get ignored!

+1 Core 6 for green amber and magneta would be amazing and it will most likely boost the sales of all three quite a bit imo.
mightymosaic

Postby theheliosequence » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:09 am

Well, as an owner of each Acustica made Aqcua plugin, I can't say I'm terribly excited by versatile EQ (just being honest). For example I rarely use either Amber or Green without the preamp... and If I do, it's because I've got another instance running with the preamp on. They are a big part of what make the plugins special. If it is supposed to be a versatile EQ... It should probably have at least a HP filter (and a low pass wouldn't hurt). What would make it even more versiltile (and make me more excited about it) is if it did have a preamp emulation with an adjustable trim (similar to Ivory), but something very different from Amber or Green... maybe something more mixing oriented... making it something that one might still want even if they already owned Green and Amber.

Anywho... Just my thoughts. I'm sure everyone wants something different. I personally can't wait for more mastering comps... and Core6 on the stuff I already own!
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby ianc » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:00 am

too make it a bit more versatile why not have a choice of preamp colours that you could select or disable if not required, just a thought.
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Next

Return to Versatile