Login

"That is not a valid file type" blah blah blah...

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

"That is not a valid file type" blah blah blah...

Postby Mauri » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:37 am

What is this nonsense when trying to authorize Aquamarine? This is the second time I have had a need to do this (on my new machine this time) and have to jump through the same hoops.

"(AQUAMARINE.SER)
That is not a valid file type (text/plain) or file size too big!
[Unknown upload error]

Allowed file types: application/octet-stream | ser
Max. file size: 97.66 KB"

Aquamarine .ser file is only 4.00 KB (4,096 bytes)
so what is this "file size too big" or "not a valid file type" business?? This .ser file I tried uploading was created by the Aquamarine installation process.

Try a different browser? Pretty poor effort by acustica if that what it takes to authorize their products.
Last time I did go to the trouble of trying a different browser but that didn't work, it took about six exchanges of messages with support to sort it out

Your software is so well 'protected' a user can't use it...
Cubase 9 Pro x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, N4 - Aquamarine - Nebula 3.
Mauri
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: "That is not a valid file type" blah blah blah...

Postby Support » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Mauri wrote:What is this nonsense when trying to authorize Aquamarine? This is the second time I have had a need to do this (on my new machine this time) and have to jump through the same hoops.

"(AQUAMARINE.SER)
[Unknown upload error]

so what is this "file size too big" or "not a valid file type" business?? This .ser file I tried uploading was created by the Aquamarine installation process.

Try a different browser? Pretty poor effort by acustica if that what it takes to authorize their products.
Last time I did go to the trouble of trying a different browser but that didn't work, it took about six exchanges of messages with support to sort it out

Does AcquaMarine/Murano .SER file in a protected and/or encrypted folder (note W8.1 Pro has this feature enable).

Copy/paste first to a not protected folder, user account desktop should be fine, an try it again.

We test all weeks GKG with Windows and OSX with IE/Safari, Firefox/Waterfox and Chrome but we never could replicate this issue.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Mauri » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi,

Sorry about my frustrated attitude...

Something just occurred to me, my offline DAW OS is W7 x64 and my Internet OS, to which I transfer (directly from one desktop to another) the file, and use to upload from, is W7 x86.
Would that cause this issue?
Cubase 9 Pro x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, N4 - Aquamarine - Nebula 3.
Mauri
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mtalavera » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Mauri wrote:What is this nonsense when trying to authorize Aquamarine? This is the second time I have had a need to do this (on my new machine this time) and have to jump through the same hoops.

"(AQUAMARINE.SER)
[Unknown upload error]

I've always had issues with Internet Explorer, getting the same error. So I use FireFox and the authorization process works just fine. For me, it just takes a few minutes to upload the SER file using FireFox, then the license file is sent by email and all is well. A bit frustrating, yes, but well worth it from my standpoint with the incredible sonic quality I am finding with each and every Acqua product I purchase.
mtalavera

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Older IE does not work for me uping SER files ...

So I too use FireFox for that.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Mauri » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Thank you to all concerned, the .ser file I received in an email worked fine!

I use IE 11 in case that's relevant.

And I do love and appreciate the work Acustica guys do and produce!

Sorry, once again, for my terseness...

Best Regards,

Mauri
Mauri
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mtalavera » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:57 pm

Mauri wrote:Thank you to all concerned, the .ser file I received in an email worked fine!

I use IE 11 in case that's relevant.

And I do love and appreciate the work Acustica guys do and produce!

Sorry, once again, for my terseness...

Best Regards,

Mauri

Very glad to hear your authorization issue is resolved and you can do what we all really want to do, which is make music!
mtalavera

Postby giancarlo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:49 pm

we are working in an easier solution...
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Return to Aquamarine/Murano