Login

A note from Giancarlo about Acustica pricing schema

General news from Acustica

Re: A note from giancarlo about the pricing schema

Postby tkrizic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:08 am

giancarlo wrote:
tkrizic wrote:cool, i hope they will stay around 100

well our price tag is that one. It was a bit higher just for 3 products, and they were for several reasons exceptional, and we tried to cover costs.

Aquamarine required a complete new tech, and it was an expensive product for us. I coded for almost 2 months, and we had even a big delay in our release. When a delay happens we don't earn too much in the meanwhile, and we need to recover costs because the lacking of other releases
Pearl is a stunning product in limited edition, so the higher price is fair. It would not make a sense otherwise
About Ultramarine we lowered the price as much as possible. It is an incredible device, not just a commmodity thing.

Several months ago I planned "scarlet" as a product around 400-500 eur. Anyway I changed my mind quickly (not just because someone said Ultramarine is way too much pricey). We decided to create an homebrew version, and doing so we are entitled to get a lower price (even if building it has a cost!). About the real deal, we finally found a device and we'll try to get it as much cheap as possible. Anyway it is not easy to find one of them, a lot of people refused to make us sampling it, for example.

wonder how many 500 euro plugin would you sell anyway, probably like fchild... hope the guy in previous quotes is not right, that AA is trying to get money in short time.

regarding pearl i had nothing against you giving 100 units, i got mine. since its mastering unit i believe most of people doing mastering do earn something back so its like an investment, anyway just my observation (price was high and doubt i would ever buy another 200e plugin)..

also if you want to know what I think of marketing, go to slate digital website and see what he is doing atm, it might get you thinking, i know i would think over that.

anyway looking forward to those under and around 100 ones as 99% of people in this thread, hope that makes sense. good luck and thanks for the products!
tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III

Postby mightymosaic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:30 am

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with your pricing. You got my support!
mightymosaic

Postby tkrizic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:46 am

mightymosaic wrote:I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with your pricing. You got my support!

mine too, for ones that don't go way over 100 and that is most of them
tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III

Postby mightymosaic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:05 am

tkrizic wrote:
mightymosaic wrote:I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with your pricing. You got my support!

mine too, for ones that don't go way over 100 and that is most of them

You get what you pay for. Nothing FEELS like acustica audio, There are some good plug ins out there dont get me wrong..But the magic with this technology is worth every penny. I get to the end result 10X faster with nebula and the aqua line then i do running any other plugins. It saves me time and makes my life MUCH easier. just my thoughts.
mightymosaic

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:53 pm

And to go further, I personnaly experience that I need one Acustica plugin when I needed to have 2-3 algo plugs before. So value is much better.
Samplitude Pro X3 suite / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:43 pm

tkrizic wrote:
wonder how many 500 euro plugin would you sell anyway, probably like fchild... hope the guy in previous quotes is not right, that AA is trying to get money in short time.

regarding pearl i had nothing against you giving 100 units, i got mine. since its mastering unit i believe most of people doing mastering do earn something back so its like an investment, anyway just my observation (price was high and doubt i would ever buy another 200e plugin)..

also if you want to know what I think of marketing, go to slate digital website and see what he is doing atm, it might get you thinking, i know i would think over that.

anyway looking forward to those under and around 100 ones as 99% of people in this thread, hope that makes sense. good luck and thanks for the products!

yes I think only scarlet would be worth, anyway we'll keep it lower than ultramarine (also the version derived from the real gear).
About slate, it is a clever marketing because if you start adding their bundle to your songs you cannot stop, otherwise your old songs would not open any more. Personally I'm against the subscription model even for software I cannot avoid like illustrator, photoshop or 3dstudio max. It is way easier the other way: you buy, you have, you keep. You could even sell it. Now if 3d studio max increases the montly rate I cannot avoid to pay more, and this new bill was not even planned. It is also a good model against piracy, so on our side there would not issue on providing an option (as soon as the automatic authorization app will be released).
Nebula and acquas would be great models for a subscription model and we could raise big moneys using it at the current release rate, the company could have also a stable income. So if you really like the subscription model we can put it in our pipeline (and it would be not so bad for you, since we released a lot of plugins in few months). Personally I don't like this model, but when a thing is requested by customers I can try to provide it.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby tkrizic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:43 pm

mightymosaic wrote:
tkrizic wrote:
mightymosaic wrote:I get to the end result 10X faster with nebula and the aqua line then i do running any other plugins. It saves me time and makes my life MUCH easier. just my thoughts.

i would not agree on that, nebula has slow workflow and bit frustrating to me, i do use it every day since i like the result but workflow and constantly changing presets/skins wrestling with jumping/wobbly buttons etc...
its nightmare, second nightmare is usage of cpu when using aa stuff, have to bounce constantly so its 10x slower if you ask me but the final result is 10x better!

and the result is what matters so i will keep wrestling with slow cpu and wobbly buttons because I really like the reslut
Last edited by tkrizic on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:49 pm

tkrizic wrote:
i would not agree on that, nebula has slow workflow and bit frustrating to me, i do use it every day since i like the result but workflow and constantly changing presets/skins wrestling with jumping/wobbly buttons etc...
its nightmare, second nightmare is usage of cpu when using aa stuff, have to bounce constantly so its 10x slower if you ask me but the final result is 10x better!

well acquas are more expensive but I hope the workflow is moving in the good direction
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby sontrinh » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:59 pm

giancarlo wrote:
tkrizic wrote:

yes I think only scarlet would be worth, anyway we'll keep it lower than ultramarine (also the version derived from the real gear).
About slate, it is a clever marketing because if you start adding their bundle to your songs you cannot stop, otherwise your old songs would not open any more. Personally I'm against the subscription model even for software I cannot avoid like illustrator, photoshop or 3dstudio max. It is way easier the other way: you buy, you have, you keep. You could even sell it. Now if 3d studio max increases the montly rate I cannot avoid to pay more, and this new bill was not even planned. It is also a good model against piracy, so on our side there would not issue on providing an option (as soon as the automatic authorization app will be released).
Nebula and acquas would be great models for a subscription model and we could raise big moneys using it at the current release rate, the company could have also a stable income. So if you really like the subscription model we can put it in our pipeline (and it would be not so bad for you, since we released a lot of plugins in few months). Personally I don't like this model, but when a thing is requested by customers I can try to provide it.

this so much please...

please think of individuals who don't live in the more expensive countries..

i would love to own more stuff but it takes me 2-3 months to save up even for one, and that's if nothing financially unexpected comes up.. but i do it because your tools are the best bar none.. so i am willing to work for it.. but subscription models in general would help out individuals like me in less affluent economies :) At least please consider is all I request :)
sontrinh
User Level I
User Level I

Postby tkrizic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:11 pm

giancarlo wrote:
tkrizic wrote:

well acquas are more expensive but I hope the workflow is moving in the good direction

absolutely, though i do find some of buttons on acquas to be jumping and a bit "too quick" if you get me, especially on magenta mastering pack
tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements