Login

A note from Giancarlo about Acustica pricing schema

General news from Acustica

Re: A note from Giancarlo about Acustica pricing schema

Postby Trailerman » Tue May 24, 2016 10:49 am

Sorry for the dumb question - I'm new to the whole Acustica world.

If I buy multiple plugins at once, do I get any kind of discount? Just wondering if there's any incentive for piling up the basket.

Thanks and apologies if this is covered elsewhere - I did read Giancarlo's original thread and many others but could find no mention of loyalty or discounting for multiple purchases.
Trailerman
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Tue May 24, 2016 1:25 pm

normally you receive a coupon after you reach a sum (500 eur, 1000, 2000).

If you need something particular just open a ticket!
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby kindafishy » Tue May 24, 2016 2:46 pm

giancarlo wrote:normally you receive a coupon after you reach a sum (500 eur, 1000, 2000).

If you need something particular just open a ticket!
How would opening a ticket help? I have accumulated purchases into the first tier, but maybe I don't qualify because I have bought things 'mostly' during presale plus I got a nice discount on the Purple bundle (thank you). I am interested in another product that I am trialing so I thought I would ask sales if I qualified for a discount at this time because of course, a customer has no visibility into their own status. I was told by your support that there is no way for you to query to find out if a customer qualifies or not so apparently you have no visibility into the status of a customer either. So, how would a ticket help? A customer doesn't have enough information to understand how your discount system works.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby nous777 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:17 pm

I read quite a few, about half, the missives and try to observe things objectively an also to consider my own opinions, which are mainly feelings, visceral reaction based on my reality and my mental image of what is my reality,which is both personal and all inclusive.
But It seemed, albeit this is old topic, that it may be of value to express what I see and feel.
It is a topic that is almost ubiquitous, the genes of it and related to a conversation I had a day ago with my father.
I read a statistic that, each generation since the 1950's has received lower income.
Also the world is in a bit of a revolution, in the sense of we are repeating a pattern, for the US which is the third time, and effected the world, a massive recession, to which the effects are stress, frustration and as well money has shifted from a tool to a end in itself, and again, it has become in many ways the end all to perhaps all men but some aboriginal groups who remain separated from the modern world completely; unlkke the Massai who are battling with the influx of tourism and slowly the younger generations are being pulled towards this modern world due to the advance of technolgies more neato gizmos, which bring instant sense of gratifications, and perhaps are drugs, certainly the effects are identical.
The convo I had earlier, was about traffic tickets, my father was fortunate to make a mid level 6 figure income most his life. So to him, if he so warranted could bu the entire Aqcua and Nebula and 3rd partly lines in one purchase and he would not notice any real measuable change in is accounts. ANd so same with a 300$ traffic ticket, its merely a inconvience, an annoyance.
I myself had a differnt experience and made differnt choices and as wel fate intervened how many times, to where, at the hight of my career, before I could not career anymore, I made 11 dollars. 10 years previous I would have made, proabably 20 at entry wage. But in the US at least there has been a massive socio economic change occuring, and its quite obviously working its way to I imagine ensconce the earth itself to some form of free market world.
But its almost at level of singularity, as workign class has been dismantled, the Majority is in a sense a minority, and the weakening of middle class to severe levels.this effects everything, andeconomics is not sometihng we choose, its something we inherit and cannot escape. So that the same ticket my father got would be a major chunk of my income for month.
acoustic products are, for the most superior with some minor quirks and faults here and there but, overall, compressors aside as i have experience with one, and just got the free tan, but, my life has been music, ive owened a sstdio since 16, and have 26 hour of music on hard drive. I spent last year mastering mastering and Acoustic has really improved my sound as well a few other companies have tantamount or close quality.
But so on one level of this subject of pricing I reale to, I do not have alot of money, but music as many people may have similar feelings is a love, something that drives itself within me. And to be able to get even a step closer to exemplary hardware, if i just had more money, and one experiences a pain we call frustration that can become anger easily.
On another side, ther are te higher leve consumers who own studios and make enough money who have concerns like with ultra marine, that, the claims and the reality of the product don' fit the price. Or that strange crafted point that to be artistic and capricious, and to escape the banality of economics in general, the produce a limited product, that, eh, for me, perhaps Id have gotten it if I had checked the AA site with a constancy that be eprhaps weekly, as i did look for it for soem time and actually took me a while to understand why it wasn't avaiable. Not to mention, having contests where, if I get the infomration in time i can get this free if I hear te secret words or am first buyer, but 2 weeks after the day it started and again the oddity of no being annonced that a winner or winners had be claimed and i was over.
But when you don't have alot of money, life is hard if you wish or hope often or have a penchant.
A very differnt world from a doctor with a hobbey. Or an upper class kid with liberal parents.
But all this shape opinions. Each comment has a story and often a complex one that lies behind it.
At same time, en buisneses grow, they have to get more employees, R&D is a realty, and ive watched so many buisnesses, make choices which rendered me no longer a customer as they went corporate. ANd then te most deleterious aspect i rue as i predicted it about 7 years ago was the rise of maintenance based sales, or pay by year or month, or the transferrance to rental over buying. WHic makes much more money that regular sales, as a few companes learned, after slate took it on, and takes advantage most of those in dearth.
But so, companies have to make choices on values, some are ambitious and choose to go corporate adn eventually have to break thier ethics, or other, like uhe, who choose to stay one man and , eh, probably happiest buiness relationship Ive had since the plug in world arrived. Most tend to sta in the middle. Eventually it wil lead to a vaccuum, and sales will drop and ten prices will drop and, but that is in future....
But, yes companies cost money, taxes, permits, land, R$D ad employees usually cost most over all, which is why outsourcing is so popular. It makes stocks go up as it gives the illusion of greater groos income when merely they just fired 20,000 people or chsoe to goto anohter country with no human rights laws an pay 5 cents a days wage. Its changed so much since the 70's, the old school died, and reaganism and thatcherism adn whatever, brought new life to te econmies at a massive long term price.
But.
I suppose we want something more than opinions.
I often get frustated just cause im not wealthy and eh,can't work cause my body is failing, and music is my escape and ehhh, itis nice to get a nice cizmo that works splendidly. I lets s forget te realities we batle each day, givs us a toy to larn adn enjoy and to have it out of reach, can be terribly painful, and even cause one to get angry at oneself.
act are simple, this is a buisness, teve set their prices, and that is that. One can choose to buy or not buy. But as humans its not so simple as we feel.
SO thus opinions.
At same time, Ive had issues, especially over the adven of compression In AA, as far as aqua when compresson was nascent, as i love the EQ's and learned a trust in qualaity and luckily i did much reading and held back on buying compressors until pink compressors came out. I di originally want Murono, Ultramarine no, as, was poointeed the fairc***ds price is due to free market tactics, supply and demand and well, as i despise free market as its wont to collusion and designed in 1700's was puled off darwinism and was a way to get men to yield to state interests em masse.
But again, Aquamarine captures the soul of its Icon and fall short i fear in others and may have been best to provide it as a pre amp.
But it did seem a sort of weave of sophism on AA's part to escuse this due to its acievement of soul rather than to just keep updating it until its perfct asit can be over time which wodl be loadable and much more refined than the current course. In fact I almost bailed from AA becasue of issues with Murono and Ultramarine, as, eh, it had a scent to it that made me wary.
Albeit I am happy with the pink collection and glad i waited until things were ready adn the advice by some tht AA wait until a device is complete, may well be te most prudent. But, again,that is an opinion and eh. Its off track to my point.
In the US and the world I presume, times are harder, and change is affot is a remarkable understaement.
Th US culture has gone to almost a pre anarchy of each man for himself and a loss of humanities, in action as well as understanding.
I will end with, as probably this is about as exciting as watching a snail ponder Emmanual Kant's choice t omove from Philsophy to CHoir intructor.
But, as a last thought, when technology evolves and provides convience and speeds up up our lies to a point where often, in civilized nations at least, even teh poor live better than the kings of yore, dark ages and midde ages, but, it takes somethin as well. It takes fills silence with thought and rips from us, a richness that only comes when we want of nothing.
But again we are human and thus impossible strong and impossibly frail all at once, as we work so hard to seem.
Perhaps, on all sides to perhaps yield and temper our passions, and to remember, most in these times of extreme larger are battling to stay alfoat in a world, forged and honed from though, and so is synthetic, and mind what is of the heart alone and what is of thought searching always for value.
I wish yo all well.
Love he gear, but alas, it is now beyond what i can afford. this is no reflection on the price of product bu the sway of the fates upon my life. They alone can overule neccessity.
Peace and all that, hope this was of some valueto some one, if not, then ehh, ou ma think me a swine, a dullard, fop or dandy. That is fine. Its far better than a shart.
Peace and abundance.
nous777
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:53 pm

we received complains about lacking of more ranges for discount coupons generation. So we are publishing the new table (and generating new coupons using this new rule):

Code: Select all

VAL_FROM VAL_TO   PERC_TO  DISCOUNT
200      500      15       5
500      750      15       10
750      1000     15       18
1000     1500     20       25
1500     1750     20       30
1750     2000     20       35
2000     2500     20       40
2500     3000     20       43
3000              20       45

PERC_TO is the percentage of maximum already-applied-discount you should have for that range
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jfjer379 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Nice G :)

This could make many of us even more trigger happy on acquas we dont have yet and upcoming ones :)

I already have bought enough acquas to get 25% off

im very happy with the AA loyalty discount and how it works
And now it got even better :D

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory2 IAE-2 • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • Titanium2 • White2 • N3S • N4
jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Postby Xmission » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:54 pm

Is there something in our dashboard that tells us the discount rate we are at, or does the cart show it?

Don't make me start adding dammit.
Xmission
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:13 pm

did you receive the email featuring the coupon code?
if not you are not elegible (but if you think so you can open a ticket and analyze your state, I cannot exclude mistakes)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Xmission » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:47 pm

giancarlo wrote:did you receive the email featuring the coupon code?
if not you are not elegible (but if you think so you can open a ticket and analyze your state, I cannot exclude mistakes)

Yes, right after I posted.
Xmission
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:27 pm

Ok ok
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements