Login

Titanium (multiband compressor)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Titanium (multiband compressor)

Postby richie43 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:12 am

flipnaut wrote:very nice post...

if there would be a chance to get R2R/TB+/VTM-2 in only one Plugin with a nice picture of a tape machine... and even if it would be the "old" samples by cdsm, i would defenetely buy it!

I really need the 3 plugins in one: Colour of Tape, Saturation and Compression!... and then easy and fast to use.

If that thing sounds good and could beat some other plugins in shootouts like satin by u-he... it would be very nice.

That might be tough since VTM-M2 is not the same technology at all. Interesting idea....Personally I like it that they are separate, if suits my work-flow much better. Besides, the time it would take Michael to re-engineer something that is already an amazing product would take his time away from bringing us something new. Just my opinion....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:02 am

richie43 wrote:
flipnaut wrote:very nice post...

if there would be a chance to get R2R/TB+/VTM-2 in only one Plugin with a nice picture of a tape machine... and even if it would be the "old" samples by cdsm, i would defenetely buy it!

I really need the 3 plugins in one: Colour of Tape, Saturation and Compression!... and then easy and fast to use.

If that thing sounds good and could beat some other plugins in shootouts like satin by u-he... it would be very nice.

That might be tough since VTM-M2 is not the same technology at all. Interesting idea....Personally I like it that they are separate, if suits my work-flow much better. Besides, the time it would take Michael to re-engineer something that is already an amazing product would take his time away from bringing us something new. Just my opinion....

acqua are already doing things in stages
The thing which was missing at r2r time was a proper compression on nebula side. Which is possible now, and using a pure sampling approach. Most of new incoming nebula compressors are featuring a zero attack time - the are fast attacks with a little predelay, resulting time is zero. Which is a limiter action - we still miss an envelope follower which features a peak detector typically used on limiters, based on the maximum value of latest n samples, atm we have several compromises based on moving averages
Btw, compression is possible featuring a particular level on harmonics too, this is nebula, not a stock plugin compressor ;)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mtalavera » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:17 am

I see that Titanium is included in the Black Friday to Cyber Monday sale. Does that mean it is going to be open for presale soon, or even more exciting, released soon?
mtalavera

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:40 am

we'll try to release it, but honestly there are still 3 bugs, so it is possible we'll have a very short presale
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby timdestexhe » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:11 pm

I don't expect it to be bug-clean already yet so, it doesn't really matter! It's complex technology so people need to understand there can be bugs. I can live with some bugs... Everything has bugs. I'm willing to pre buy right now. Will it be tonight, or tomorrow? (I thought already today). Keep on rocking!
Nebula, Pearl, Magenta, Honey, Aquamarine, Titanium
timdestexhe
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby mtalavera » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:10 pm

timdestexhe wrote:I don't expect it to be bug-clean already yet so, it doesn't really matter! It's complex technology so people need to understand there can be bugs. I can live with some bugs... Everything has bugs. I'm willing to pre buy right now. Will it be tonight, or tomorrow? (I thought already today). Keep on rocking!

As a software developer myself, it all depends on which bugs are present when determining when to release a product. I fully agree with the above statement that software could be releases with minor bugs present, but if it is a bug that affects sonic quality or major functionality, those have to be worked out before release, or else you do get upset customers.

I can also live with a minor bug or two or three, and am ready to purchase as soon as the pre-sale begins. I'm assuming that pre-sale will begin within the next few days since it is the face of the sale advertisement.
mtalavera

Postby DeNto » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:31 pm

Helly Guys,

i´m really excited and waiting for the release of Titanium but whats with this 3 bugs? Have you fixed them?

best wishes
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a
DeNto
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:41 pm

atm there is a crash bug on mac osx 32
and a request on meters - I need to verify if it possible though
There is also some trouble on preset save action
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby DeNto » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:03 pm

thats a honest answer! Thank you

But the release is starting 0:01?
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a
DeNto
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby mtalavera » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:41 pm

giancarlo wrote:atm there is a crash bug on mac osx 32
and a request on meters - I need to verify if it possible though
There is also some trouble on preset save action

I'm on Windows 8 64-bit, so a mac osx crash would not affect me. But I understand waiting until the product is stable on all formats in order to be fair to all customers.

The meter request seems like a new feature that maybe could be part of an update.

I could definitely live without preset saving since I don't use that feature, but others may consider that a must have.

I think we are all just excited for this product and have projects we are working on currently that we could use this on. At least I know I do.
mtalavera

PreviousNext

Return to Titanium