Login

Titanium (multiband compressor)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Titanium (multiband compressor)

Postby kindafishy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Tape!? You want tape???!!!

You guys who are looking for Acqua tape machines can find existing ones here:

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... lugin.html

...and also have a look at the Tape Booster Plus accompanying plugin here:

These are not sold through the Acustica site, they are sold through the CDSoundMaster site, but they ARE Acqua and they ARE absolutely stunning. Best on the market, and available NOW.

On the CDSM site, you will find bundle deals.

I am not associated with CDSM, I am just sharing this information because it doesn't seem to be well known but it should be because these are incredible.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Martinez » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Kindafishy, does it have the compression and the saturation as well as the frequency response of tape?
That's what I want, and not just me but lots of people.
Martinez

Postby dacaveprods » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Martinez wrote:Kindafishy, does it have the compression and the saturation as well as the frequency response of tape?

Yes, 3 Step/Plugins Process

R2R =
1 Tape Model = Tape
2 TapeBooster = Saturation
3 VTMM2 = Compression

All can b used individually... More info on Site that was given...
To me its the most realistic of all tape emu...
dacaveprods

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:42 pm

I was testing it today... single band... it is insanely good
It is a good showcase for new compressors, because release is really really short at low settings. It is slighly program dependent, even if not stated officially from the developer (in this multiband config) and we are doing it as consequence of the tech.

The only complain I have, the tech was not finished at sampling time (a month ago) so we are assembling things manually. It could lead to errors if you look for a perfect match, ie transfer curve is slighly different when you select low release times, while we are keeping it unchanged.
We didn't know it at that time, no user manual was speaking about it. But it is really a small detail, pretty all shapes are already matched.

The good, this compressor even single band is amazing. Really I like what we are achieving. I had a preview several days ago testing a multiband configuration and it is really a "titanic" beast. I wish I had more time for mastering a dance track now :))))))
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby flipnaut » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:16 am

Hi Martinez,

you can try out toneboosters plugins in demo mode. There are also tapes... not as good as nebula tapes... BUT you can use the toneboosters additional to put a lot of saturation and compression into the sound of drums. Then it sounds like a sort of Bloc Party Tapey Indie sound or so... i found it pretty cool together after or behind nebula tapes.
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby nonstandardryder » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:53 am

dacaveprods wrote:
Martinez wrote:Kindafishy, does it have the compression and the saturation as well as the frequency response of tape?

R2R =
1 Tape Model = Tape
3 VTMM2 = Compression

I personally have no interest in running 3 plugins in a row to emulate tape. I would much rather have it in one plugin with new technology if that was ever available.

I also own a real tape machine and have experience with keeping it running. It's not fun heh
nonstandardryder

Postby giancarlo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:02 am

ok got it.
We'll release also a tape, maybe using the new ultra fast tech (a very fast program dependent compression is possible now)
Maybe on next year.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dacaveprods » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:43 am

nonstandardryder wrote:
dacaveprods wrote:

R2R =
1 Tape Model = Tape
3 VTMM2 = Compression

I personally have no interest in running 3 plugins in a row to emulate tape. I would much rather have it in one plugin with new technology if that was ever available.

I also own a real tape machine and have experience with keeping it running. It's not fun heh

Lol...I hear you, but until then, to me, its the closest of all emus n i don't mind the extra work to achieve the SOUND... Pre/Post-Acqua Nebula comes to mind in this respect to get that SOUND ITB!!!I'm just Old School i Guess... ;)
dacaveprods

Postby dacaveprods » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:52 am

giancarlo wrote:ok got it.
We'll release also a tape, maybe using the new ultra fast tech (a very fast program dependent compression is possible now)
Maybe on next year.

Maybe working with CDS on this might expedite the process n make all happy and owners of R2R, etc can get a discounted price as i have both Neb n Acqua versions...i'm sure many might have done the same... ;)
dacaveprods

Postby kindafishy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:09 am

dacaveprods wrote:
giancarlo wrote:ok got it.
Maybe on next year.

Maybe working with CDS on this might expedite the process n make all happy and owners of R2R, etc can get a discounted price as i have both Neb n Acqua versions...i'm sure many might have done the same... ;)

Yes, please.

The CDSM tape collection appears to have taken an absolutely staggering amount of work, and the sound is perfect as is. Why go though such a tremendous amount of redundant effort, sampling other gear that may or may not be up to the same maintenance condition to come up with something that is maybe at the same level of quality? Maybe at the same level. Unless there are business or licensing reasons preventing this, it wouldn't make sense to do it again from a product development standpoint.

Right now, I don't use the third stage, but I use both the R2R and the TB+. Brilliant stuff. I have both the Nebula and Acqua versions as well.

If these three plugins were available in a single plugin made through a collaboration with CDSM, people would go ape.

In the meantime, yeah, it's three plugins, but the sound is available today, and if you're like me, you pre-process your mix with tape and console, then bounce before getting into the creative side of the mix anyway, so it's really not so bad.

I could see it. EQP-1 that is for sale here on the site is Acustica/CDSM. Maybe this is a reasonable possibility?

Do it guys!
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to Titanium