Login

Titanium (multiband compressor)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Titanium (multiband compressor)

Postby flaviusr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:29 am

I´m on mac, download and authorization was smooth. Firefox browser.
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.9.5
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Pro Tools 12.5 Cubase 8.5 Reaper 5.25 Wavelab 9 Ozone 7 Nebula Server Ultimate
flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Support » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:46 am

clementshawes wrote:I'd love to give this a spin but I can't even get the trial downloaded on a Mac - you sure that the dev's aren't just anti-Mac and locking folk out?

Edit: more tongue-in-cheek than anything - hope to get it working at some point in the future.

Box.com cookie(s) isn't in safari (or any other web browser) or are disable by the user. Go www.box.com and accept cookies first.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby kylen » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:03 pm

heraldo_jones wrote:Hi fam! I have tried one thing, if you open the .xml file of each plugin and increase the dspbuffer, it will reduce drastically the cpu resources but ... how this affect to the plugin's performance? I have read the next in the FAQ
"4 Does the latency vary depending on the emulation preset used?

No. This only depends on the value of the DSP BUFFER in the MAST page. You are able to see the latency value in the DISK page."

It's only about the latency introduced to the DAW?

10 stereo tracks with one T1B instance at 24b 44.1khz was eaten 57% of my machine, and after dspbuffer incresing its been reduced to 18%!!!

Hope an answer from nebula team. Cheers!!!

I had to do that also to get 1 instance of 3B to run on my old 2 core Win 7 laptop. Titanium.xml default was set to 512 and I bumped it up to 2048. I can't tell if it hurt the sound since before doing that the sound was choppy and crackling. Also there are multiple setups in the XML (changed Amber also) so I changed all that had 512...the cpu came way down (and crackling disappeared) after changing the parent I believe. I'm using Reaper so I can set it back to 512 and test using freeze to see if the sound is different when I get some time. Any comments on changing Dspbuffer value and audio sound quality Support/G? Is it ok to do?
kylen

Postby Support » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:47 pm

Test and find the best configuration depending your audio system, studio configuration, and monitoring scenario(s).

DSP BUFFER to low = tail truncation. (1)
DSP BUFFER to high = to much latency.

(1) sound degradation.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Hi,

it seems that Buffersize doesn't change automatically when i switch from 512 to 1024 or even higher Buffersize... because the CPU consumption of all three plugins is always the same - whether i change Buffersize.
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:11 am

only preamp goes ligher if you increase dspbuffer... compressors can't be optimzed further
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby kylen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:02 am

Thanks Support & G! I know I'm on an underpowered machine - just trying to get by till my 2015 upgrade... :)
kylen

Postby trickster » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:48 am

All I can say is WOW and thanks for the generous demo of this. Almost certainly going to pick it up sooner rather than later after trying it out.
Amazing work AA!!
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby giancarlo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:40 am

it is not generous!! it expires!
We'll do generous things on january, azure will be free
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby kindafishy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:16 am

I am just absolutely in love with this compressor.

I can put the 1B version on any single track, last plugin, put the threshold really low, ratio really high and adjust the attack and release to something that works with the track, then back off the ratio to something sensible and finally raise the threshold so I am getting the overall GR I want, normally on the order of 2 - 3 dB.

The result is beautiful. All of the subtleties of the track are accentuated, small details that were once just sort of part of the background are now clearly heard and defined. The dimension in the individual track just pops.

The analogy that keeps popping into my head is one I have seen many times in woodworking. It is that experience of taking a beautiful piece of wood that has been sanded to perfection, and then marveling at the transformation of the detail in the grain when that first coat of stain or clear coat is applied. Everything that was once a subtle variation in the presentation is now a distinctly integral characteristic of the overall appearance of the piece.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to Titanium