Login

Titanium (multiband compressor)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Titanium (multiband compressor)

Postby flipnaut » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Just tried TT a lot in the last days and it is so good!

:D

I like it more than my other comps like the glue for example... it really acts like hardware and it is very fast and musical!

Super! Go on!
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:56 pm

giancarlo wrote:saying that, things will be better in the future.
At the beginning of this year our acqua products were not working like normal plugins, nebula was not running at all on most of systems, au64 was a mirage, and the company was handled by a one man band. Website was crappy, support was completely missing, quality was not so good, and a lot of things were not working: ie compressors.

We are moving, we are working hard, and so on. A lot of things changed in few months, and even in few weeks.

For sure Giancarlo, you guys have addressed some long-standing issues like the website and shown tremendous momentum with these highly praised Acqua releases alongside the engine development that goes with them. I just wanted to point out that early adoption isn't the only way a customer could find themselves in an impossible situation but we're in agreement that we're basically all victims of Apple's haphazard release cycles (and I for one have absolutely nothing good to say about Yosemite, however many weeks later it still totally blows performance wise for simple basic shit like web browsing).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:39 pm

Hey...

i miss a little "presets".

It is possible to find some good presets which are used with the hardware or could someone here post his incredible Drumbuss / Bass / Guitar / Mastering Presets?

:mrgreen:
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby heraldo_jones » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi fam! I have tried one thing, if you open the .xml file of each plugin and increase the dspbuffer, it will reduce drastically the cpu resources but ... how this affect to the plugin's performance? I have read the next in the FAQ
"4 Does the latency vary depending on the emulation preset used?

No. This only depends on the value of the DSP BUFFER in the MAST page. You are able to see the latency value in the DISK page."

It's only about the latency introduced to the DAW?

10 stereo tracks with one T1B instance at 24b 44.1khz was eaten 57% of my machine, and after dspbuffer incresing its been reduced to 18%!!!

Hope an answer from nebula team. Cheers!!!
heraldo_jones
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:16 pm

ngarjuna wrote:
giancarlo wrote:saying that, things will be better in the future.
At the beginning of this year our acqua products were not working like normal plugins, nebula was not running at all on most of systems, au64 was a mirage, and the company was handled by a one man band. Website was crappy, support was completely missing, quality was not so good, and a lot of things were not working: ie compressors.

We are moving, we are working hard, and so on. A lot of things changed in few months, and even in few weeks.

For sure Giancarlo, you guys have addressed some long-standing issues like the website and shown tremendous momentum with these highly praised Acqua releases alongside the engine development that goes with them. I just wanted to point out that early adoption isn't the only way a customer could find themselves in an impossible situation but we're in agreement that we're basically all victims of Apple's haphazard release cycles (and I for one have absolutely nothing good to say about Yosemite, however many weeks later it still totally blows performance wise for simple basic shit like web browsing).

we'll try to do our best, promised.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mtalavera » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:51 pm

heraldo_jones wrote:Hi fam! I have tried one thing, if you open the .xml file of each plugin and increase the dspbuffer, it will reduce drastically the cpu resources but ... how this affect to the plugin's performance? I have read the next in the FAQ
"4 Does the latency vary depending on the emulation preset used?

No. This only depends on the value of the DSP BUFFER in the MAST page. You are able to see the latency value in the DISK page."

It's only about the latency introduced to the DAW?

10 stereo tracks with one T1B instance at 24b 44.1khz was eaten 57% of my machine, and after dspbuffer incresing its been reduced to 18%!!!

Hope an answer from nebula team. Cheers!!!

I would be very hesitant to touch those XML files for the Acqua plugins. I would bet that Acustica set those values specifically for the product. And that DSPBUFFER setting is in a parent element called SETUP1, and there is another DSPBUFFER element above that. How do those two setting work exactly? I don't know and actually don't want to know because Titanium was never advertised as being CPU friendly. I have used it on two different songs now and it just is amazing the way it is.
mtalavera

Sidechain input please!

Postby franc_loup » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi, Titanium sounds great and is very useful. However am I the only person who's missing a sidechain input ? It would make it a lot more useful for me.
franc_loup
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:53 pm

we tune things to a compromise of latency/cpu load
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby clementshawes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:29 pm

I'd love to give this a spin but I can't even get the trial downloaded on a Mac - you sure that the dev's aren't just anti-Mac and locking folk out?

Edit: more tongue-in-cheek than anything - hope to get it working at some point in the future.
2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.10/2.3GHz/16GB/dual-SSD
Ableton Live 9 Suite/Max7/ReNoise/Reaper/Reaktor/Bidule
M-Audio FW1814/Behringer ADA8000/Roland VM-3100
clementshawes
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:35 am

can you try a different browser?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder