Login

Titanium (multiband compressor)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Titanium (multiband compressor)

Postby nonstandardryder » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Hannes_F wrote:... and after even more thinking about it perhaps this would be the most logical and consistent solution (if it is possible): You could make the knob turnable by 330° by adding a little range of 30° below the center (indicated by the arrow in the pic). That way it would be

- compatible with the hardware
- smooth range in the first sampled attack area
- easy to find the superfast setting
- also hinting to the fact that the superfast setting is an 'extra' compared to the hardware

TT_attack.jpg

You could even make that hint stronger by using a different color for that dot, for example red or blue.
TT_attack2.jpg

Forgive the clumsy pics, I am no designer, just thinking as a user here.

I think this is a great idea! Please consider for an update or upgrade.
nonstandardryder

Postby mtalavera » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:16 pm

This installation seemed a bit different to me than other Acqua plugins, correct me anyone if I am wrong about that. I am on Windows 7 64-bit, and when I choose the 64 bit option for the installation, and then selected my VST installation folder, all the files then went into the acustica64 directory, including a new TITANIUM subdirectory (just like all the other Acqua plugins create a subdirectory, so no difference there). I have everything over in the acustica directory, and just had to move the files over manually. Magenta for example went into the acustica folder, not the acustica64 folder. I didn't purchase Amber (not yet anyway), so I don't know how that installation process went.

Again, not a huge deal, but just was wondering if this is more the direction other Acqua plugins will be going. I know the acustica64 directory is where Nebula updates anyway, and I do a manual move of the files as well.
mtalavera

Postby nonstandardryder » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:22 pm

I thought this video might help people asking for good compressor settings.

This trick works really well and I have used it for years on channels, busses, and the mix buss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiKVvr_5mnI
nonstandardryder

Postby SWANG » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:00 am

my first acqua plug! can't wait to try it out! :D
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby himhui » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:30 am

mtalavera wrote:This installation seemed a bit different to me than other Acqua plugins, correct me ...

Again, not a huge deal, but just was wondering if this is more the direction other Acqua plugins will be going. I know the acustica64 directory is where Nebula updates anyway, and I do a manual move of the files as well.

All Acqua X64 goes to the folder under acustica64 from now on...
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby garry_spectrum » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:04 am

Hey folks,

I noticed that you have omitted the 48khz sampling rate for this product. Why is that ?

And what will happen if I engage an instance of Titanium in 24bit, 48khz project ?

Thank you.

Kindly -

Garry
garry_spectrum
User Level II
User Level II

Postby giancarlo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:07 am

garry_spectrum wrote:Hey folks,

I noticed that you have omitted the 48khz sampling rate for this product. Why is that ?

And what will happen if I engage an instance of Titanium in 24bit, 48khz project ?

Thank you.

Kindly -

Garry

yes we omitted it. We could add it in the future
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:08 am

about your question: it works and it loads fast
Crossovers are good too - phase of crossovers could be better though
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby ianc » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:22 am

Just had a listen to what this beast can do, class of it's own, only bad thing is I've got to wait to get my mouse on it.
Be really interested to know what frequency's the crossovers are set at, or have I missed that earlier in the thread
Great work anyway, Ripping it up guys
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby giancarlo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:29 am

an important though I shared on gearslutz, I share it here too

we implemented a new kind of "math" (approach) for the "normal plug" side, fully merged with the "mojo" one. Our approach is pretty new on everything, so the sound.
There are things which an a/b comparison with original gear are not so obvious, you need to use it extensively in order to check how much close it works on ALL possible sources and ALL possible settings.

A side note, because I read here and there on this forum: I tested xx and compared with hardware yyy and even in blind tests I could not find any difference, so I don't see a point in what you are selling, I'm already happy if I can replace safetly my hardware.

Guy, let's suppose I create a minimum phase version of magenta (our flagship eq). I could guess a lot of you would be fooled in blind tests, because on complex processed sources, and you could be fooled to sell your hardware and use this "downgraded" version of our plugin. I guess just few of you (ok they exists, a lot of mastering engineers are working with us the they have amazing rooms and speakers) would recognize a dry track processed with software and hardware

So where is the point?

Try to WORK and apply this downgraded plugin to all your tracks. Similar to the final effect? sure. As much good? I'm not sure. There are things which are damaged when you use plugins that you can't hear when you process just a single track. Our products are coded in a way you can use SAFETLY, a lot of times, the WHOLE mix, and at the end you HEAR the difference. It is what hardware is doing, and you cannot detect just applying a single time to your music. And it is what titanium makes obvious. A CLEAN, LOW ALIASED, very SMOOTHED but ULTRA fast compressor. Numeric errors REDUCED, you hear them when you apply different instances in your mix. Our approach is CLEAN, transients are PRESERVED, phase is GOOD. And so on.
Do you remember the first moog virtual emulations? they NAILED it. You understand NOW it was not true, after you have sold ALL your moogs.

Sorry for the defensive OT, I'm not stating a competitor product is bad or so - there are amazing products around and they make your life BETTER - but I should explain WHY our products are cpu intensive, they feature LATENCY, but they are DAMN good compared to competition. Ok?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Titanium