Login

Titanium (multiband compressor)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Titanium (multiband compressor)

Postby nonstandardryder » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:57 am

I assume the auto attack/release would also help when sampling other program dependent devices like tape machines as well.
nonstandardryder

Postby idrummer » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:34 am

I have to apologize for this question (I don't want to sound stupid). I'm a pro musician, not a Pro sound technician or engineer. But I have to say that I know when something sounds good and Nebula does sound great!!
So, I would love to invest in this amazing acqua plugins, but first I have to ask some questions to anybody (including G, of course) who might will to respond and give me a hint.
Said that, here I go: First of all I have to say that for a costumer that is not very much into all hardware gear stuff, it's very difficult for me to guess/figure out about what hardware you guys are talking about, because everybody here is talking like using a code to describe the modeled plugins and their relative real hardware. I think that AcusticaAudio must open a little bit more to all kind of customers, pros and newbies like myself and give more specific clues that would lead to find out what's going on without expending a lot of time on google. I know that we aren't supposed to say or mention the real hardware stuff (I guess because property Rights) but a little bit more of N**e or A*i or S*L might be needed.
Anyway, talking about the new releases (Magenta, Titanium, Amber and Black). Is the Titanium model the one that is supposed to be used for mastering (SMC*B or SMC*BM)? And if it's not, can I use it for Mastering anyway? or is Black supposed to do that Job. In other words, I would love to buy a pack that works very well for individual tracks and for the Master Bus. So, if I buy Magenta, Titanium, Amber and Black. Would I have the necessary tools for that purpose? Or will I need such a specific Limiter.
Thanks in advance for your help.
idrummer
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby nonstandardryder » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:20 am

idrummer wrote:I have to apologize for this question (I don't want to sound stupid). I'm a pro musician, not a Pro sound technician or engineer. But I have to say that I know when something sounds good and Nebula does sound great!!
So, I would love to invest in this amazing acqua plugins, but first I have to ask some questions to anybody (including G, of course) who might will to respond and give me a hint.
Said that, here I go: First of all I have to say that for a costumer that is not very much into all hardware gear stuff, it's very difficult for me to guess/figure out about what hardware you guys are talking about, because everybody here is talking like using a code to describe the modeled plugins and their relative real hardware. I think that AcusticaAudio must open a little bit more to all kind of customers, pros and newbies like myself and give more specific clues that would lead to find out what's going on without expending a lot of time on google. I know that we aren't supposed to say or mention the real hardware stuff (I guess because property Rights) but a little bit more of N**e or A*i or S*L might be needed.
Anyway, talking about the new releases (Magenta, Titanium, Amber and Black). Is the Titanium model the one that is supposed to be used for mastering (SMC*B or SMC*BM)? And if it's not, can I use it for Mastering anyway? or is Black supposed to do that Job. In other words, I would love to buy a pack that works very well for individual tracks and for the Master Bus. So, if I buy Magenta, Titanium, Amber and Black. Would I have the necessary tools for that purpose? Or will I need such a specific Limiter.
Thanks in advance for your help.

We all have to guess every time they announce something. If they say "its a 3 band mastering compressor" the first thing i do is type "3 band mastering compressor" into a google image search and look for a match. Then I learn about the gear that matches what i think it is. I still have no idea what trinity eq or neo console really are.

Their are no rules. Use what ever, where ever you want, they are amazing plugins when used anywhere.

Some are most commonly used for mastering because of their price or character. Having said that i'm sure if someone had the ability to use 30+ mastering eq's and compressors at $5,000 each on every track in a mix they would try it and see if it worked well.

The GUI's of the acqua plugins look very much like the hardware and have pretty much the same controls. So if you have an idea or a brand name you can research that brand and find the hardware it matches. Then research that hardware to see how people use it for a starting point.

Also back to the no rules thing. I don't know of two mixing or mastering engineers that use the same eqs/compressor in the same way or place. They are creative tools. My suggestion is research engineers you admire and read interviews with them. See what and how they claim to use things. Maybe this will help and give you some direction.

I personally have been using the magenta mastering eq on channels and busses. I have also used the free red eq to pre-master house tracks.
Last edited by nonstandardryder on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
nonstandardryder

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:23 am

nonstandardryder wrote:I assume the auto attack/release would also help when sampling other program dependent devices like tape machines as well.

sure!
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Martinez » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:27 am

giancarlo wrote:
nonstandardryder wrote:I assume the auto attack/release would also help when sampling other program dependent devices like tape machines as well.

sure!

Is that a subtle hint that maybe a tape machine is coming?
Martinez

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:47 am

no because at the moment the market is crowded of tape emulations.
But we could create libraries.... Or improve existing ones
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby nonstandardryder » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:55 am

giancarlo wrote:no because at the moment the market is crowded of tape emulations.
But we could create libraries.... Or improve existing ones

The market is even more crowded with eq's and compressors also, but your products sound the best no question. I own high end outboard eqs and compressors and I still purchase your stuff. I only buy Acustica plugins now. :)

I would consider it for the future. I think the more people hear how amazing the acqua technology sounds, they will purchase YOUR tape plugin no matter if they own 3 others, because the sound is the best.

Maybe try a poll/vote just for fun and see what users say they want. Just an idea, we all might be surprised by the responses.
Last edited by nonstandardryder on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
nonstandardryder

Postby timdestexhe » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:56 am

I knew about the famous TT compressor but not the TT MBC, then I looked the hardware up, listened some demo's and the sound is impressive holy sh*t!. If this, as promised (but I'm sure because the magenta does this), will give me the sound ITB I will buy this from day one.
Nebula, Pearl, Magenta, Honey, Aquamarine, Titanium
timdestexhe
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 am

yes but we have many tapes, pretty good ones too - ie r2r, with a decent workflow even in nebula itself.
They could be improved, obviously, using latest tech.
What you miss urgently is about complex things like titanium, magenta...
You cannot build titanium in nebula, even using a chainer. And I guess you miss a decent hardware multiband
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby nonstandardryder » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:04 am

giancarlo wrote:yes but we have many tapes, pretty good ones too - ie r2r, with a decent workflow even in nebula itself.
They could be improved, obviously, using latest tech.
What you miss urgently is about complex things like titanium, magenta...
You cannot build titanium in nebula, even using a chainer. And I guess you miss a decent hardware multiband

I think it's the latest tech that has me excited about future products, and having them in acqua. I still use nebula server for reverbs, but if there was an acqua reverb with latest tech, I personally would purchase that as well because I trust this company will do amazing work. Acqua is great for not only sound, but also for workflow.

Some users are scared of nebula for some reason, no one seems to be scared of acqua. Thats another reason to consider saturated product types for stand alone acqua. Someone might not want to invest into nebula pro, but would gladly pay $200 for an amazing standalone acqua tape machine or mixbuss compressor. Just some thoughts.

Very exciting times and thanks for doing what you do. :)
nonstandardryder

PreviousNext

Return to Titanium