Login

Titanium (multiband compressor)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Titanium (multiband compressor)

Postby kylen » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:12 pm

I agree, a working demo is a huge deal and appreciate the effort...for future releases (in my case), I've already picked this one up on faith :)
kylen

Postby nonstandardryder » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:05 am

I would love to see a video of the single compressor on lower ratios.
nonstandardryder

Postby giancarlo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:29 pm

oh well, we'll try to do it. It is a very good and smooth compressor, with a very little aliasing and a proper harmonic distortion, closely matched
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby nonstandardryder » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:45 pm

giancarlo wrote:oh well, we'll try to do it. It is a very good and smooth compressor, with a very little aliasing and a proper harmonic distortion, closely matched

No rush, I believe you :) Did you guys also do the preamp as well in this?

Im very excited about the harmonic distortion, I love the character it brings out in the emulations. It's so important.

Also I did not know nebula technology caused any aliasing.
nonstandardryder

Postby nonstandardryder » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Also how many kernels are the new compressors using?
nonstandardryder

Postby kindafishy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:58 am

giancarlo wrote:oh well, we'll try to do it. It is a very good and smooth compressor, with a very little aliasing and a proper harmonic distortion, closely matched

Aliasing? Can you please explain, giancarlo? I assumed this would be hardware perfect, as in no aliasing?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ianc » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:09 am

Damn you, that's another month with no booze or decent fags.
Is this going to be neb4 compatible ?
Havn't found a multi-band yet that I care to use, I use Warmultipress when needs must and lacking option's. So been praying for something like this for ages, so glad it's finally possible and happening :D
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby giancarlo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:43 am

yes like all acqua products!
Beware this one is not full of features, it just is acting like an hardware one, soundwise. No fancy controls, it is pretty basic
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:54 am

kindafishy wrote:

Aliasing? Can you please explain, giancarlo? I assumed this would be hardware perfect, as in no aliasing?

no, on compressors you have a very fast switch on gain. It creates distortion, and if not correctly managed, also aliasing
We are using a new generation of envelope followers, smoothed and with memory: they are composed by chained ones. The real issue is how to force this object to correct timings, and, more important, correct shapes, since it is composed by a series of different tau times (tau is the time constant used for rise and fall). Here the new tech
Last, how to force this whole nebula instance to decent cpu loads - a normal nebula instance moved at this speed would need a whole i7 core.
There are 3-4 new techniques at once.

We'll have a rc today featuring a global envelope follower based on 3 chained peak envelope followers. At the end I disable completely lookahead, in order to get the correct behaviour for shapes. We could add easily 10 ms of lookahead in acqua plugs, but it was not necessary. Attack time in this particular case is around 1 millisecond, and the shape there is pretty naive and interesting. A lookahead would hide it at fast attack times.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby kindafishy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:02 pm

giancarlo wrote:
kindafishy wrote:

no, on compressors you have a very fast switch on gain. It creates distortion, and if not correctly managed, also aliasing
We are using a new generation of envelope followers, smoothed and with memory: they are composed by chained ones. The real issue is how to force this object to correct timings, and, more important, correct shapes, since it is composed by a series of different tau times (tau is the time constant used for rise and fall). Here the new tech
Last, how to force this whole nebula instance to decent cpu loads - a normal nebula instance moved at this speed would need a whole i7 core.
There are 3-4 new techniques at once.

We'll have a rc today featuring a global envelope follower based on 3 chained peak envelope followers. At the end I disable completely lookahead, in order to get the correct behaviour for shapes. We could add easily 10 ms of lookahead in acqua plugs, but it was not necessary. Attack time in this particular case is around 1 millisecond, and the shape there is pretty naive and interesting. A lookahead would hide it at fast attack times.

Thank you for the excellent answer, giancarlo. Appreciate the level of detail.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to Titanium