Login

Titanium (multiband compressor)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Titanium (multiband compressor)

Postby giancarlo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:56 pm

lol
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby nonstandardryder » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:04 pm

giancarlo wrote:We decided to release titanium before black because this particular hardware configuration is not based on autoattack/autorelease, which will be completed in nat around the middle of next week.

I did not know the 1176 had an auto attack or auto release. I thought that was more of a VCA S*L thing. I always thought the 1176 was just standard attack and release knobs, unless there is something under the hood I did not know. Heh
nonstandardryder

Postby dacaveprods » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:46 pm

"Beast"... Ready for this!!! :D
dacaveprods

Postby giancarlo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 pm

nonstandardryder wrote:
giancarlo wrote:We decided to release titanium before black because this particular hardware configuration is not based on autoattack/autorelease, which will be completed in nat around the middle of next week.

I did not know the 1176 had an auto attack or auto release. I thought that was more of a VCA S*L thing. I always thought the 1176 was just standard attack and release knobs, unless there is something under the hood I did not know. Heh

no, it is program dependent. Most of compressors are.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby InTheChaos » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:28 am

Ooooh! Looking forward to hearing some sound samples! *smile*
InTheChaos
User Level II
User Level II

Postby mtalavera » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 am

So will this be released around the same time as the Amber eq?
mtalavera

Postby giancarlo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:17 am

some days after
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Sheikyearbouti » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:11 am

nonstandardryder wrote:

Even the S*L/N**e comp are. The board ones on the G series can be switched to fast or slow attack. According to the manual (G) at slow attack setting you get the PD behaviour (attack values will vary depending on the speed of amplitude changes from, if I remember well by memory, 4ms to 40ms). But I wouldn't be surpreised if also at fast attack there is some auto behaviour.. This is why with the new tech GC is talking about finally it will be possible to capture in a lot more truthful way such behaviour.
--
Nikolay Georgiev
http://georgievsound.com/
Sheikyearbouti

Postby giancarlo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:21 am

yes, on compressors we are at the beginning of a new world. Most of software compressors I analyzed are using simple and standard attack and release shapes. Things are way different from hardware ones. Even this titanium is featuring amazing shapes, not very common for a software.
Togheter with nebula harmonic distortion, frequency response, and more important, the new super-smooth envelope followers plus the new nebula speedness you could get new amazing products in software realm. I know there are MANY compressors around, but how many are really emulating properly hardware ones?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby cjperez » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Oh My Goodness. Come on....................... My wallet can't take all these goodies man.. Now you have me wanting this as well as the Beatle eq thing. You guys are too good..
sigh..
:|
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.
cjperez
User Level VII
User Level VII

PreviousNext

Return to Titanium