Login

Magenta 2 Out !

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby HolB » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:57 am

giancarlo wrote:for 96 khz there is no improvement (ripple apart), so if you find a level issue just open a ticket

You say that there's no possible difference in 96Khz between the 2 versions of Magenta ?

Can I send you 2 samples by email or PM ? Maybe I need some sleep ^^
Last edited by HolB on Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
HolB
User Level I
User Level I

Postby tumburu » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:48 am

giancarlo wrote:
yes we'll start working on it very soon

Thanks for doing that!
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Support » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:37 am

HolB wrote:
giancarlo wrote:for 96 khz there is no improvement (ripple apart), so if you find a level issue just open a ticket

You say that there's no possible difference in 96Khz between the 2 versions of Magenta ?

Can I send you 2 samples by email or PM ? Maybe I need some sleep ^^

Open a support ticket.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:26 am

did yesterday 2 mixes with magenta 2 and it is very obvious a better sound. Now it is really useful for me. The high bands do now a good job. I even liked the 28khz band. Works a lot of better now!

gui: I miss the 19" holes for rack systems and the orange is somehow italy-like?... for my personal taste i like more the classic colours. 8-) But that is just me ;)
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Selection: Pearl 2 (!), Lime (!), Titanium 2 (!), Pink2412, Amethyst2, Navy, Honey (!), Scarlet3, Magenta3, Blue (!). HW: AML EZ1073, CAPI VP 28, C******r Germanium C, C******r Tone Control, Stam Audio SA-2A, RND 542 Tape Sim.
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby sethius » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Guys just tried this out and it's awesome well done!

Sound:
I agree it does sound a bit different from Magenta V1, especially in the high end (44.1khz). The original is slightly fatter. But I can boost the highs in version 2 at LOT more. Even though it sounds different to me (Lavry DA into Neuman KH310) Verastile V2 is still a great EQ!

Usability:
I don't know what you have done, but this is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than versatile! It seems really responsive, where as versatile has a massive delay between turning knobs and hearing an audible change - by the time i've found something I like i've already turned the knob past it!

Bugs:
BUT.. ..the audio still crackles and glitches, like versatile, when i turn the frequency knob in Ableton Live 9.1 (Mac OS X 64bit audio unit). I'll try Logic Pro X when i'm next in the studio and when I get a chance i'll download and try reaper.

Latency:
This is the most awesome part. I can now play though it the latency is so low! Well done!
sethius
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Support » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:59 pm

I don't know what you have done, but this is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than versatile! It seems really responsive, where as versatile has a massive delay between turning knobs and hearing an audible change - by the time i've found something I like i've already turned the knob past it!

Send us a support ticket.

BUT.. ..the audio still crackles and glitches, like versatile, when i turn the frequency knob in Ableton Live 9.1 (Mac OS X 64bit audio unit). I'll try Logic Pro X when i'm next in the studio and when I get a chance i'll download and try reaper.

Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby wrigout » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm also very happy with Magenta 2 !

I really wish Versatile would react the same way as Magenta 2.

I had to change Mixcyclerates to 0 but the latency is buging me a bit.
wrigout
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Support » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:00 pm

but the latency is buging me a bit.

Why latency is a problem for your?
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby wrigout » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:31 am

Support wrote:
but the latency is buging me a bit.

Why latency is a problem for your?

Turning knob and having to wait a few seconds for the sonic result can be annoying when mixing.

I can use Magenta 2 with mixcyclerates at 20, it is fast and i don't have cpu spikes.

I can't do that with versatile.
wrigout
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby sethius » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:46 am

Support wrote:

Guys, I'll send you a support ticket if you like, but these problems I'm having seem to be the same problems others are having. I'm confused as to how these issues were'nt obvious when you were coding Magenta V2 and Versatile. Did your testers not report these problems?! Also are you actually testing Ableton 9 64bit AU for Mac OS X? I have a cutting edge Mac Pro, the latest updates and all of these problems are obvious to me.

I don't mean to come across rude as I truly want this amazing software to be working perfectly and for many other people to be able to enjoy using it and get breath taking results like we all do here! BUT these 2 plugins are far from ready to be out of beta testing, yet you've sold them like this? Come on guys, you're so close to being able to compete with UAD, please fix these quality control issues and get some Ableton beta testers, a lot of producers in my area of the music industry use it and and some of them are now becoming interested in these plugins!!
sethius
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to Magenta