Login

Magenta 2 Out !

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby tumburu » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Lovely update. The unified interface is better than the sum of the previous two. I don't exactly know why and I didn't have the time to test it properly, but it seems to sound better than v1.

Patiently waiting for the (rare) buffer problem to be fixed so I can use it in mastering.

Good job.
User avatar
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby Mannymac » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Agreed it sounds less harsh for some reason. Have you changed some of the high band?
Mannymac
Member
Member
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 am

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Mannymac wrote:Agreed it sounds less harsh for some reason. Have you changed some of the high band?


yes less interpolation bugs
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 10411
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby HolB » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Mannymac wrote:Agreed it sounds less harsh for some reason. Have you changed some of the high band?


yes less interpolation bugs


1/ Why Magenta2 lowers the gain by few dB ?

2/ I made some tests (after matching the levels), Magenta2 seems to have a more "matt" sound, Magenta1 sounds more open in the high (more "air") than Magenta2 (I didn't touch the high freqs), why ? Is it the interpolation bugs which create a saturation in the highs fequencies ?
I use these settings below (screenshots)
Attachments
magenta2.png
magenta1.png
HolB
User Level I
User Level I
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:14 pm

which frequency rate are you using?
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 10411
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby HolB » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:17 pm

giancarlo wrote:which frequency rate are you using?


96Khz
HolB
User Level I
User Level I
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:46 pm

for 96 khz there is no improvement (ripple apart), so if you find a level issue just open a ticket
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 10411
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby TranscendingMusic » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:47 pm

HolB wrote:
giancarlo wrote:
Mannymac wrote:Agreed it sounds less harsh for some reason. Have you changed some of the high band?


yes less interpolation bugs


1/ Why Magenta2 lowers the gain by few dB ?

2/ I made some tests (after matching the levels), Magenta2 seems to have a more "matt" sound, Magenta1 sounds more open in the high (more "air") than Magenta2 (I didn't touch the high freqs), why ? Is it the interpolation bugs which create a saturation in the highs fequencies ?
I use these settings below (screenshots)


Regarding point 2: it depends on how you look at it. From one perspective it is rounder and fuller sounding. I just made audio to add to my shootout thread.
Bob
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
User avatar
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 am
Location: USA

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:49 pm

tumburu wrote:Lovely update. The unified interface is better than the sum of the previous two. I don't exactly know why and I didn't have the time to test it properly, but it seems to sound better than v1.

Patiently waiting for the (rare) buffer problem to be fixed so I can use it in mastering.

Good job.


yes we'll start working on it very soon
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 10411
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Postby flipnaut » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:05 am

InTheChaos wrote:
flipnaut wrote:hmm thank you... i made that folder again (deletedt it before) but it does not do it... :?

I made a ticket already.


You might want to re-download your auth file from your dashboard and put it in your Acustica64 file where your vst is.


tried it but with no excess :| :|
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Selection: Pearl 2 (!), Lime (!), Titanium 2 (!), Pink2412, Amethyst2, Navy, Honey (!), Scarlet3, Magenta3, Blue (!). HW: AML EZ1073, CAPI VP 28, C******r Germanium C, C******r Tone Control, Stam Audio SA-2A, RND 542 Tape Sim.
User avatar
flipnaut
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 3:36 pm
Location: Germany, Düsseldorf

PreviousNext

Return to Magenta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest