Login

BLUEEQ Rel B v1.3.903 uploaded

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

BLUEEQ Rel B v1.3.903 uploaded

Postby fabio.migliorati » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:05 pm

BLUEEQ rel B v1.3.903 uploaded!
WIN - OSX (more stability with respect to previous versions)
fabio.migliorati

Re: BLUEEQ Rel B v1.3.903 uploaded

Postby tumburu » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:04 am

AND now we have the official audio unit plugin!
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby theheliosequence » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:21 pm

How is the quality of this plugin vs. the newer mastering EQs? It seemed like this had longer loading times, but maybe that's all fixed with this new release? I have 2x Germanium Tone Controls and would love to have the vibe in a plugin! Let me know what you think!
-Benjamin
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, Burl Mothership
N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Blue, Coral, Emerald, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp Bundle, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:23 am

theheliosequence wrote:How is the quality of this plugin vs. the newer mastering EQs? It seemed like this had longer loading times, but maybe that's all fixed with this new release? I have 2x Germanium Tone Controls and would love to have the vibe in a plugin! Let me know what you think!
-Benjamin

Maybe it's placebo, but I'm almost positive loading times have been improved since I updated BlueEq
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | ZED-R16 / AudiofirePre8
N4 - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:25 am

botus99 wrote:
theheliosequence wrote:How is the quality of this plugin vs. the newer mastering EQs? It seemed like this had longer loading times, but maybe that's all fixed with this new release? I have 2x Germanium Tone Controls and would love to have the vibe in a plugin! Let me know what you think!
-Benjamin

Maybe it's placebo, but I'm almost positive loading times have been improved since I updated BlueEq

Not placebo. The newest updates to Acqua and Nebula have definitely sped up loading times!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby theheliosequence » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:38 pm

richie43 wrote:
botus99 wrote:
-Benjamin

Not placebo. The newest updates to Acqua and Nebula have definitely sped up loading times!!

Does it load about as fast as Amber, Green, Magenta, Titanium or Aquamarine? Those are the ones I have so far and I am generally fine with the loading times, but got a bit spooked by the discussion on the blue forum describing long (10-20 seconds) loading times.

Thanks for your time!
N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Blue, Coral, Emerald, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp Bundle, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:17 pm

theheliosequence wrote:Does it load about as fast as Amber, Green, Magenta, Titanium or Aquamarine? Those are the ones I have so far and I am generally fine with the loading times, but got a bit spooked by the discussion on the blue forum describing long (10-20 seconds) loading times.

Thanks for your time!

I don't have the other EQ's, but can definitely say that it's loading up as fast as RedEQ, Aquamarine, and Titanium now :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | ZED-R16 / AudiofirePre8
N4 - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby theheliosequence » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 pm

botus99 wrote:
theheliosequence wrote:Does it load about as fast as Amber, Green, Magenta, Titanium or Aquamarine? Those are the ones I have so far and I am generally fine with the loading times, but got a bit spooked by the discussion on the blue forum describing long (10-20 seconds) loading times.

Thanks for your time!

I don't have the other EQ's, but can definitely say that it's loading up as fast as RedEQ, Aquamarine, and Titanium now :mrgreen:

Great, thanks!
b
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby theheliosequence » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:39 pm

Ok... I do like this plugin... but as someone who owns 2 Germanium Tone Controls...

It doesn't sound like my GTC(s) a ton... or at least how I run mine. I honestly wish that they had copied the entire hardware setup, as there are many more tonal options when having both the Germanium FB and drive. It seems that the plugin only mimics turing up the FB (which is labeled GDrive). While when the FB is kept lower and the drive is turned up on the hardware, there is a brighter harmonic distortion that occurs (as opposed to pushing the more 'wool-y' FB). Also, when the unit has it's passive EQ out, the signal entire signal is brighter and more open. Again, I don't hear this in the plugin (which is almost always how I'm running my 2x units). The bass cut would have also been a great additional feature as well, with both the interactive and independent settings (I rarely boost without a simultaneous cut when I do use the passive section). Perhaps there are just too many settings and too many interactions to capture with the sampling process? Or perhaps the creator used their unit in a different way for different things and didn't feel the need to model the entire unit? It make me wonder what an Acustica made version would sound like...

Don't get me wrong though (and sorry if I sound ungrateful)... The plugin is still very cool and it does have the Germanium flavor to it (just more the darker side of the hardware). I also shouldn't complain too much because I don't know any other plugin that sounds like this or does what this does.

It does seem like it clips much more easily than any other Acqua plugins I have... anyone else notice this?
b
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby bictor » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:41 am

Has any one has tried this plugin in Mastering session? Or in main bus mixing?

Regards,
Sand, Honey, Navy, Pink, Purple, PS Mix, PS Curve, PS Comp II, Cobalt, Emerald, White, Scarlet, Caribou, Pink Compressors, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
bictor
User Level VI
User Level VI

Next

Return to Blue