Login

Red eq

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Re: Red eq

Postby dacaveprods » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Support wrote:
dacaveprods wrote:Sorry "Overwrite" Where/What??? Yes Windows XP is the OS...If u talking Overwriting the REDEQ, dll did that with errors n different GUI...Reverted.

Read the support ticket.

Got it, Thanx Guys!!!
dacaveprods

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:27 pm

jorismak wrote:Is there a chance that there is a VSTGUI3 mode / version for the regular Nebula3Pro x64 DLL?

I sometimes get little hickups when changing parameters in nebula (like, dragging a knob and the audio starts 'stuttering' unless I let go of the knob). I already tried downgrading to 1.3.6 but it doesn't help, yet I have the memory that it wasn't always like this.

RedEq seems to work _perfectly_ so I'm wondering what it could be :).

hmmm ... even in Nebula Server, I too have noticed this strange type of 'stuttering'. I believe this started when the change was made to allow audio to pass during a preset change.

Now whenever I make parameter changes I hear this ... very distracting. [using GUI3]
:|
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby jorismak » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:50 pm

yeah! Had the same feeling that it was since the 'always audio coming through'. Thought I had an issue only on my PC or something, since this was kinda the opposite (instead of smooth program changes and always getting audio I get hickups and stutters when making even the smallest change in anything). That's why I downgraded to early 1.3.6xx...

It doesn't seem to be with every program though, and I already had my .XML file (nebula3reverb.xml) checked in the support section / tickets.

I'm still not convinced it's something in my system or a problem with Nebula, otherwise I would be bugging them to fix it :P :P.

Anyway, offtopic. Just noticed it because the free RedEq works like a charm and quick.
jorismak
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mtalavera » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:27 am

Is there anything different about this product dll than either other Acqua products or even the Nebula dll's? I use Nomad Factory MAGMA within Pro Tools 11 and it does not see this dll. I have the product installed in the same location as all my other 64-bit dll files, but MAGMA won't detect it. I have EQP1 product, and that is seen just fine.

I also use Reaper 64-bit, and there is no problem there, Reaper detected the dll just fine. So I'm at a loss as to why MAGMA can not detect this dll file.
mtalavera

Postby Support » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:02 am

mtalavera wrote:Is there anything different about this product dll than either other Acqua products or even the Nebula dll's? I use Nomad Factory MAGMA within Pro Tools 11 and it does not see this dll. I have the product installed in the same location as all my other 64-bit dll files, but MAGMA won't detect it. I have EQP1 product, and that is seen just fine.

I also use Reaper 64-bit, and there is no problem there, Reaper detected the dll just fine. So I'm at a loss as to why MAGMA can not detect this dll file.

It's depend how Nomad Factory MAGMA detect plug-ins. If MAGMA has a cache list you should erase to force MAGMA to rescan and rebuild.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:20 pm

I found the problem. MAGMA doesn't detect dll files that have the extension capitalized. So it will not detect REDEQ.DLL, but once I changed the file name to REDEQ.dll, then MAGMA found it no problem.

I also have the EQP1, both version 1 that has the individual dll files and version 2 that has a single dll file. Version 2 also had the extension capitalized, EQP1.DLL. MAGMA also didn't see that one until I changed the file to EQP1.dll, and then it detected that plugin as well.

So it seems extension capitalization maters to MAGMA.
mtalavera

Postby Support » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm

mtalavera wrote:I found the problem. MAGMA doesn't detect dll files that have the extension capitalized. So it will not detect REDEQ.DLL, but once I changed the file name to REDEQ.dll, then MAGMA found it no problem.

I also have the EQP1, both version 1 that has the individual dll files and version 2 that has a single dll file. Version 2 also had the extension capitalized, EQP1.DLL. MAGMA also didn't see that one until I changed the file to EQP1.dll, and then it detected that plugin as well.

So it seems extension capitalization maters to MAGMA.

Really weird! DOS/windows is not Unix/Linux!
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby willj » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:26 am

I reaslly like this Q.

The only thing with it is that once i load it into a plugin slot, i have to wait about 15 seconds before it becomes usable. All knobs are frozen hard left, and and after the EQ becomes responsive, they all jump to their 0db position as they probably should, when first initiated.

Also, if i lean on the plugin pretty hard, my machine will hang a bit.

These issues i can deal with pretty easily. For new customers, after hearing about how "clunky" nebula is to use, this could be mildly off putting.
willj
User Level II
User Level II

Postby pleplo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:46 am

willj wrote:I reaslly like this Q.

The only thing with it is that once i load it into a plugin slot, i have to wait about 15 seconds before it becomes usable. All knobs are frozen hard left, and and after the EQ becomes responsive, they all jump to their 0db position as they probably should, when first initiated.

These issues i can deal with pretty easily. For new customers, after hearing about how "clunky" nebula is to use, this could be mildly off putting.

yes It did that to me as well and I have a powerful machine. I was getting frustrated so now I use it not as a Aqua but with latest nebula update (it can load aqua librairies)
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 am

willj wrote:I reaslly like this Q.

are you working at 44 or 96 khz?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Red (OLD)