Login

Nebula Set-Ups help

Additional software tools

Nebula Set-Ups help

Postby richie43 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:54 pm

I have been successfully creating multiple specified instances of Nebula to use in Reaper for over a month now. And now suddenly when I create one, it is not seen in Reaper at all. I have already tried clearing the VST cache and rescanned, but no luck yet. What would cause a newly created dll NOT to be seen in a VST scan. I have even searched for it within the fx browser. I have checked the folder that my Neb dll's reside in, and it certainly was created. Any ideas?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Nebula Set-Ups help

Postby zabukowski » Mon May 21, 2012 10:27 am

richie43 wrote:I have been successfully creating multiple specified instances of Nebula to use in Reaper for over a month now. And now suddenly when I create one, it is not seen in Reaper at all. I have already tried clearing the VST cache and rescanned, but no luck yet. What would cause a newly created dll NOT to be seen in a VST scan. I have even searched for it within the fx browser. I have checked the folder that my Neb dll's reside in, and it certainly was created. Any ideas?

Please try this with some other DAW, if possible. This way you can check if this is Reaper specific.

Thanks
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:35 pm

I'll try, but I currently don't have any other DAW software to install. I love Reaper and don't want to purchase another for testing purposes. Any suggestions? By the way, I sort have it working again, but I'm not sure what I did to make it stop and work again. It seemed so random. Thanks for responding though!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby zabukowski » Mon May 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Maybe there are some problems with plugin id's.

How many setups do you currently have in your vstplugins folder?

I can try this with Nuendo.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:12 pm

I have many, in fact. I also have both 32 and 63bit, so maybe I have just "confused" my poor Nebula... lol. As I said, it seems to be working as of right now.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 am

Hello richie43 we have Repaer NFR and direct contact with support. Please test into other VST host like studio one free if you see that is a Reaper issue we can report.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby richie43 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks Enrique. I am glad that you are in direct contact with the Cockos team. They are extremely helpful. I am not sure what to try because I am not having any more issues for some reason, I can't repeat my problem! Reaper, Nebula Set-Ups, and Nebula are all playing nicely together and my system is productive and efficient. I can still try setting some up with another DAW, but I thought that Studio One Free version does not support the use of any third party VST's, only the included plugins can be used until an upgrade is paid for.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Tools