Login

CLOSED - Nebula Set-ups 1.2a (freeware)

Additional software tools

Re: Nebula Set-ups 1.1a (freeware)

Postby cmcknet » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi zabukowski,

Any closer to a Mac version?

I'd love to purchase Nebula Pro 3 and many of the 3rd Party Libs. At the moment there seems to be far to many inconsistencies between PC & Mac OSX. The support for PC users makes Nebula Pro 3 a great purchase but for Mac OSX; there appears to be many headaches from what I read.

Will you be working on a Mac OSX version of your Setups utility anytime soon?

Thanks for your time!
cmcknet
User Level I
User Level I

Postby zabukowski » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:51 pm

cmcknet wrote:Hi zabukowski,

Any closer to a Mac version?

I'd love to purchase Nebula Pro 3 and many of the 3rd Party Libs. At the moment there seems to be far to many inconsistencies between PC & Mac OSX. The support for PC users makes Nebula Pro 3 a great purchase but for Mac OSX; there appears to be many headaches from what I read.

Will you be working on a Mac OSX version of your Setups utility anytime soon?

Thanks for your time!

Sorry, I have no plans for a Mac OSX version at this moment.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby tbentley » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi im using nebula man. For some libraries it say that optimal input level is 0dBVU = -18dBfs. Does it make since have nebula man running at -18rms?
tbentley
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby zabukowski » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:46 pm

tbentley wrote:Hi im using nebula man. For some libraries it say that optimal input level is 0dBVU = -18dBfs. Does it make since have nebula man running at -18rms?

Yes.

From the NebulaMan Quick Guide:
Because developers of the Nebula programs often recommend input level/gain,which is optimal for their programs, NebulaMan allows you to define 'peak RMS' level, to which audio files will be automatically normalized before previewing/rendering (for example -18dbFS). NebulaMan will first find a peak RMS value of the processed file and then set its level to conform with the desired peak RMS level.

Very well known and frequently used 'gain staging' rule is -18 dbFS (digital) = 0 dbVU (analog). Setting file's RMS peak level to -18 dbFS will help you to conform to this rule. Despite the fact that the VU metering is NOT the same as RMS metering, a file normalized to -18 dbFS peak RMS will have peaks jumping around 0 dbVU.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby tbentley » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:04 pm

great thank you
tbentley
User Level XI
User Level XI

Nebula Set-ups 1.2 (win) released (freeware)

Postby zabukowski » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Nebula Set-ups 1.2 for Windows has been released:

What is new?

- THE BIG ONE: program autoload (Nebula secret revealed :)

Each custom Nebula plugin (setup) can now contain a program, which is automatically loaded together with a plugin. To choose this "startup" program, double click on any of the programs, listed in your currently loaded setup. This feature brings the ability to have custom skinned Nebula plugin with a single program automatically loaded.

Everything else stays the same and it is 100% backward compatible.

- Acqua library updated to 1.3.500a
- small fixes and changes

Remember, Nebula version 1.3.499 or greater is required !

http://www.zabukowski.com/software#SETUPS

Enjoy 8-)
Zabukowski

p.s.
sorry, Windows only, but the future may be brighter than you think ;)
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: Nebula Set-ups 1.2 (freeware)

Postby lipa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Hey Mr zabukowski, thanks for such a great contribution to nebula world!! Would it possible (within nebula set-ups) to make a new function that when You switch compressor ratio (loading new program) it would copy and load all the settings? I mean, when switching ratio when I load a new program it resets to it`s default settings.. it`s annoying and time consuming to compare how it works for example with 3:1 ration to 4:1 cause You always have to set treshold, in, out, attack and release from the start.. could You please think about it? :mrgreen: thanks again
lipa

Postby zabukowski » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 pm

lipa wrote:Hey Mr zabukowski, thanks for such a great contribution to nebula world!! Would it possible (within nebula set-ups) to make a new function that when You switch compressor ratio (loading new program) it would copy and load all the settings? I mean, when switching ratio when I load a new program it resets to it`s default settings.. it`s annoying and time consuming to compare how it works for example with 3:1 ration to 4:1 cause You always have to set treshold, in, out, attack and release from the start.. could You please think about it? :mrgreen: thanks again

As I am aware, this is not possible directly with Nebula, but i'll check with Giancarlo. On the other hand, most of the plugins work this way - you have to set controls from scratch, except if you save plugin preset in your DAW.

I agree it would be nice to have this feature, also :)

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:02 pm

not exactly... there is no vst algo compressor that requires setting all other parameters from scratch when You ONLY change the ratio.. in nebula it is always the case.. I have to open another instance, and manually copy all parameters to a new program..bypass the old one just to hear the difference between 4:1 and 8:1.. very annoying :roll:

Thanks for thinking and asking acustica audio guys about it.. ;)
lipa

Postby zabukowski » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:43 pm

lipa wrote:not exactly... there is no vst algo compressor that requires setting all other parameters from scratch when You ONLY change the ratio.. in nebula it is always the case.. I have to open another instance, and manually copy all parameters to a new program..bypass the old one just to hear the difference between 4:1 and 8:1.. very annoying :roll:

Thanks for thinking and asking acustica audio guys about it.. ;)

Now I understand your question. I am pretty sure this can not be implemented with a current Nebula plugin.

What we actually need is a single compressor preset with a changeable ratio parameter.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Tools