Login

CLOSED - Nebula Set-ups 1.2a (freeware)

Additional software tools

Re: Nebula Set-ups 1.2a (freeware)

Postby zabukowski » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:13 pm

beingmf3 wrote:I created one program after a major overhaul of my original xml (which works btw.), but I get the "master descriptor not found" error.

Check contents (you can also send it to me) of your newly created xml file. Something is not right inside it.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 am

I keep getting invalid parameter,

Definity

Postby RJHollins » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:28 am

You might be using the wrong 'Setup XML' file.

The one you're pointing to is in your ~scanboot.

I think you have to choose the one from your VST folder.

Somebody double check me on this.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:40 am

RJHollins wrote:You might be using the wrong 'Setup XML' file.

The one you're pointing to is in your ~scanboot.

I think you have to choose the one from your VST folder.

Somebody double check me on this.

Ah, invalid parameter means that Nebula source dll/xml file can not be opened (does not exist ??)

I guess the space is missing between "Nebula3" and "Reverb.xml" ...

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby beingmf3 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Thanks, guys, It works now!
The path thing was a little confusing due to the fact that I had to install Nebula 32bit first. So all the paths I had set up in 64 weren't there. But after RJHollins' comment about the VST folder, it was obvious!
Cheers!
beingmf3

Re: Nebula Set-ups 1.2 (freeware)

Postby zabukowski » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:26 pm

sneaky wrote:helloo. We want to set up a limited menu of nebula compressors on a server 1.3.505 installation.
But the client 'nebcomp' menus always display the whole shebang.
It works fine running localserver

Is there a way to get menu setup working using nebula server? cheers

Using Nebula Set-ups with Nebula Server is not officially supported. I will look into possibilities with further Set-ups developments.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby koda » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Another little (but important) improvement other than a bigger GUI wich is really "urgent" :lol: would be to add a count of the selected items in both windows.
When I make a selection, under the window of the selection, should appear a count like "Selected items: nn".
I guess this could be useful as well to be sure one has selected all the programs of a library, shouldn't be an hard task also to implement.
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby zabukowski » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:05 pm

koda wrote:Another little (but important) improvement other than a bigger GUI wich is really "urgent" :lol: would be to add a count of the selected items in both windows.
When I make a selection, under the window of the selection, should appear a count like "Selected items: nn".
I guess this could be useful as well to be sure one has selected all the programs of a library, shouldn't be an hard task also to implement.

This feature shouldn't be too difficult to implement :)

As it looks now, the biggest problem with Nebula Set-ups 2 will be AudioUnit support on OS X - audio units can not be simply copied/duplicated as vst plugins. Yet to find out if this can be done properly at all ...

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby alpsessays » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi, I've just installed Nebula Set-ups so that I can organise my libraries and also make HQ versions of each one (compressors/EQ etc.) using the Timed engine (plus I've made HQ copies of the various files too - such as Selmer_bass_1HQ etc.). The first time I used it, all was fine. I made a copy of my neb 3 reverb and retitled it Cabs. I included all the Lordneilson stuff in it. Created the .dll and xml files and so on. Loaded Cubase - worked fine.

However, when I saved HQ versions of some libaries from nebula 3 reverb, like Selmer_bass_1HQ as I mentioned earlier, and then tried to make a CabHQ version, everything went fine in Nebula Set-ups but I can't see CabHQ in cubase. Any ideas? The HQ files are definitely there because I can load them with neb 3 reverb.

I don't know if this has got anything to do with it, but a couple of things happened when I created the new .dlls etc. (but this also happened for the one that works so it shouldn't make any difference really). When I tried to put in the destination Nebula xml, I got a message saying I didn't have permission to save in the default folder so I saved in My Documents and copied the files across. Also, as I exited the program their was a error message saying something like 'error in creating setups' or something. But as I said, I got this for the one that works also...

Chris
alpsessays
User Level I
User Level I

Postby winrob » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Couple of suggestions for the new version:-

1) When you create a new xml/dll, it should (optionally?) clear the 'Current set-up contents'.

2) A 'select all' button (on the filter window?) for the 'Nebula repository' column to use after you have filtered your desired presets.

3) I know it's been mentioned, but a resizeable GUI would be very nice. :)

Thanks.
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to Tools