Login

CLOSED - Nebula Set-ups 1.2a (freeware)

Additional software tools

Re: Nebula Set-ups 1.2 (freeware)

Postby zabukowski » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:21 pm

highvoltage wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, i load up Nebula setups, and the right pane is always empty. I try to load any setups XML file i have made, and nothing happens, it won't load the selected programs to the right pane.

1. send me a screenshot of program's main window right before you click on "Load setup XML file".

2. send me a screenshot of program's 'Settingts' tab, after you've tried to load xml file. There is a 'message' window.

2. you can also send me you XML file, that you want to load.

my email: zabukowski ape gmail dot com

Thanks!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby xyxxjx » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 pm

you guys use a seperate set up for each nebula library or set ups for broad categories, E.g. compressors, reverb, eq etc.?
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby zabukowski » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 pm

xyxxjx wrote:you guys use a seperate set up for each nebula library or set ups for broad categories, E.g. compressors, reverb, eq etc.?

No strict rules here. Having different libraries in a separate instances is a good idea. Or having multiple eq's in a single instance for example.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 am

Well ... its finally happened ............ again.

The brain [or what's left of it] has turned to mush :|

Been playing with the newly release PCS library from AlexB. The Millennium. Using the modified TIMED settings. Very nice :D

Since I was feeding this PRE with an algo EQ ... because I have to 'bend, fold, and UN-mutilate' another miracle ... I mean, restoration project, I though ... yeah, nice time to assemble a dedicated Nebula for this PRE, so to speed up load times.

Dug up my latest NebulaSET-UP app. Finally figured out HOW to get it to load in my very latest library collection ... because prior to that ... NO PCS Millennium was to be found :roll: But, having to actually select the filename [same as default] for the AQua file and then RELOAD was the majic.

Then the issue became NOT wanting to over write any of my current XML or DLL ...

Was reading along in the PDF, tried to understand and follow. Couple of idiot boxes came up telling me I'm not doing this right. Ready to try again ... decided to stop before doing bad things.

Brain is mush.

If any kind soul has any kind of tut on this app, for those of the 'serious challenged', I'd certainly be grateful.

Thanks for playing along :lol:

help.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 pm

As I understand, you've succeeded to initialize Acqua access, so you see all your installed programs inside Set-ups.

There is a step by step procedure on page 5 in Nebula Set-ups Quick Guide (AlexB library example). Please follow this procedure.

If something is not clear, don't hesitate to ask :)

Currently I don't have enough time to make a better tutorial, sorry.

[edit]
Ups, I see now, there is a important step missing. As step 3, you should define actual setup file, where program list will be stored. I will fix guide asap.
Sorry for that.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 pm

ahhh ... the all important 'step 3'. :o

Thanks for catching that ZAB ... AND for taking the time to update the tutorial !

I'll wait till then before I attempt making some custom Neb's.

Once again ... thanks!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Quick Guide updated - added missing step to the tutorial!

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:38 am

Thank-you ZAB !!

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:38 am

OK !!

Made my first 'custom' Nebula via NebulaSetup.

Just to see if/how things worked, I just made a single pre amp version [using PS&C Millennium PRE from AlexB].

BTW ... This PRE is excellent, particularly for mastering work.

Anyway ...since my library has grown to over 5000 patches, the loading times were getting way out of control :roll:

It is absolutely stunning how fast a single library loads :shock: like down to a split second !

Now I wonder, to organize my collection, just how many 'patches' will allow specific CATs to be accessed, AND, be efficient loading.

No doubt it will always be faster than scanning the entire library.

Part 2 of this organization ... how to add to, delete, change skins, to an already customized NEBULA using NebulaSetups.

Most importantly ... this NebulaSetups is a wonderful utility. Thanks ZAB !!!!
:D

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Tools