Login

CLOSED - Nebula Set-ups 1.2a (freeware)

Additional software tools

Re: Nebula Set-ups 1.2 (freeware)

Postby zabukowski » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Grim wrote:I am having a recurring problem when using set-ups to create different instances of Nebula.

I believe this is a problem specific to Cubase and the way in which it recognises plugs. I'm sure this is not any fault or bug with Neb setups but just wondering if anyone might have experienced the same thing and worked out exactly the cause or possible workarounds.

I first had the problem in a big way when trying to switch from 32bit to 64bit Cubase. My projects would open with wrong Neb instances and init (as obviously they couldn't find the correct preset). This was despite them being created with exactly the same names. I ended up bridging 32bit Neb to open old plugs and creating new names for 64bit and I gradually moved all instances across to 64bit only.

However despite now only having the 64bit instances I am finding that every time I use Neb Setups to update the library of an instance, something changes and if I open a project with that particular instance previously inserted, a different instance is loading. To further confuse the situation, it doesn't seem to do this with all instances!

Obviously this is an annoyance as I never know if re-opened projects are missing processing without opening all my Nebs.

Are these problems also present in 32 bit environment? Unfortunately, as you said, there is not much what Nebula Set-ups can do here - it works the same way in 32 and 64 bit environment.

Maybe you could make a test with Reaper, to be sure if it is Cubase only problem. I am not sure, but I think there is some kind of every VST plugin - maybe DAW is confusing instances because they all have the same id !?! Just speculating!

Maybe Giancarlo has some ideas ?

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby dacaveprods » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:59 pm

zabukowski wrote:
dacaveprods wrote:watched the video n 1 step confuses me...you went to the directory with AlexB 73eQ xml(as i have no programs listed there)....do you have to create this directory first n how is that done exactly....???

That is Acustica vstplugins folder.

Alex's xml is there by mistake and it is then overwritten.

That XML was automatically created earlier during set-up creation (from the template "Source Nebula XML").

Zabukowski

Thanx! is there a pdf or some other instructions that i can follow...Can't get this to perform properly...Thanx!
dacaveprods

Postby zabukowski » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 am

dacaveprods wrote:
zabukowski wrote:
dacaveprods wrote:watched the video n 1 step confuses me...you went to the directory with AlexB 73eQ xml(as i have no programs listed there)....do you have to create this directory first n how is that done exactly....???

That is Acustica vstplugins folder.

Alex's xml is there by mistake and it is then overwritten.

That XML was automatically created earlier during set-up creation (from the template "Source Nebula XML").

Zabukowski

Thanx! is there a pdf or some other instructions that i can follow...Can't get this to perform properly...Thanx!

Unfortunately not yet, but I have to plan to make a Quick Guide soon.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:19 am

Hi Zab !

Just checked out the new look of your website.

Very nice !!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Grim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Thanks for the response Zabukowski.

I didn't notice the same issue with 32 bit though I did have issues sometimes with instances not being recognised if named Nebula Preamps, Nebula Consoles etc.

Changing to just Preamps, Consoles etc fixed this, but in 64bit Cubase I just get this occasional issue where after updating the wrong instance loads....it is always fine once re-instantiated so Cubase can recognise it but just gets confused when the new dll is created.

I guess that Cubase looks at a mixture of plugin ID and name which mostly works but for some reason can fail with pre loaded instances.

Actually it occurs to me that when just adding a library to an instance I could copy out the dll and copy it back in afterwards so I know only the xml is changed and the dll is the same as before.
Will test this out.
Grim

Postby zabukowski » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Finally, Nebula Set-ups Quick Guide PDF is available for download. It will hopefully resolve some of the misteries :)

Go and grab it here: http://www.zabukowski.com/software

Enjoy 8-)
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby dacaveprods » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:49 am

zabukowski wrote:Finally, Nebula Set-ups Quick Guide PDF is available for download. It will hopefully resolve some of the misteries :)

Go and grab it here: http://www.zabukowski.com/software

Enjoy 8-)
Zabukowski

THANX MUCH!!!
dacaveprods

Postby highvoltage » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:14 pm

From the quick guide:
If the specified set-up file already exists and you want to change its contents, you don't have to repeat everything from scratch. For example, if you just
want to add or delete some programs of your custom plugin, load the existing set-up file with a button [ ] , do the changes and save it again.

This one doesn't work for me.
highvoltage

Postby zabukowski » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:55 pm

highvoltage wrote:From the quick guide:
If the specified set-up file already exists and you want to change its contents, you don't have to repeat everything from scratch. For example, if you just
want to add or delete some programs of your custom plugin, load the existing set-up file with a button [ ] , do the changes and save it again.

This one doesn't work for me.

Can you describe what exactly is not working? I am not aware of this problem.

Thanks!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby highvoltage » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, i load up Nebula setups, and the right pane is always empty. I try to load any setups XML file i have made, and nothing happens, it won't load the selected programs to the right pane.
highvoltage

PreviousNext

Return to Tools