Login

CLOSED - Nebula Set-ups 1.2a (freeware)

Additional software tools

Re: Nebula Set-ups 1.2 (freeware)

Postby lipa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:59 pm

ok.. :) i thought maybe there was a simple way within Set-Ups to create something like groups of programs that could share/copy-load some parameters when switching them.. but it would probably have to be implemented in nebula itself.. oh well :| anyway..nebula sound is worth any inconvenience :mrgreen:
lipa

Postby Raynorshyn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Creating custom setups has been great, 32 and 64 bit. I just recently ran into a snag I can't figure out.

I created a custom "Timed" xml (Nebula3CoreII64 Timed)in my VST folder with only the <LTIMED> parameter adjusted up. I used this as my source xml and ran through creating new versions of my Setup writing new versions of the dlls using newly named xml destinations and xml file names.

Now, in my vst folder I see all the new "Timed" xmls, but only one new "Timed dll. It happens to be the first one I created (Nebula3 TAPE64 TIMED.dll).

Also in Setups all the new "Timed" setups are there.

I have run thru the Nebula Set Ups process numerous times, clicking yes when prompted to create a new xml and dll automatically. Still only one shows up in the vst folder. (It works fine btw).

What am I doing wrong here?
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III

Postby zabukowski » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Raynorshyn wrote:Creating custom setups has been great, 32 and 64 bit. I just recently ran into a snag I can't figure out.

I created a custom "Timed" xml (Nebula3CoreII64 Timed)in my VST folder with only the <LTIMED> parameter adjusted up. I used this as my source xml and ran through creating new versions of my Setup writing new versions of the dlls using newly named xml destinations and xml file names.

Now, in my vst folder I see all the new "Timed" xmls, but only one new "Timed dll. It happens to be the first one I created (Nebula3 TAPE64 TIMED.dll).

Also in Setups all the new "Timed" setups are there.

I have run thru the Nebula Set Ups process numerous times, clicking yes when prompted to create a new xml and dll automatically. Still only one shows up in the vst folder. (It works fine btw).

What am I doing wrong here?

Probably there is something going wrong while Set-ups is copying Nebula dll file.

What are the names of other dll's ?

Can you provide a Set-ups screenshoot for a situation, when dll file is not created.

Thanks!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Raynorshyn » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:42 am

Attempting some images here...

nebsetups ALL64 TIMED.png
nebsetups ALL64 TIMED.png (71.75 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

acqua ALL64 TIMED.png
acqua ALL64 TIMED.png (60.69 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

Names of working dlls:
Nebula3 ALL64.dll
Nebula3 AMP64.dll
Nebula3 TAPE64.dll
Nebula3 TAPE64 TIMED.dll

Hope this helps.
Tom
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III

Postby zabukowski » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:57 am

I assume file "Nebula3CoreII64 Timed.dll" exists in acustica vstplugins folder ?

Thanks
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Raynorshyn » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:24 pm

It does not. I'll bet I need to create one, don't I. :D
I'm sure I've done that in the past, I can't remember how.

Thanks,
Tom
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Raynorshyn » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:20 am

That did it!

Thanks Zabukowski.

Copied Neb Reverb.dll to desktop, changed name to ...Timed, to match the xml, moved it back into VST folder. Golden.

Thanks,
Tom
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III

Postby dacaveprods » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:05 am

watched the video n 1 step confuses me...you went to the directory with AlexB 73eQ xml(as i have no programs listed there)....do you have to create this directory first n how is that done exactly....???
dacaveprods

Postby zabukowski » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:54 am

dacaveprods wrote:watched the video n 1 step confuses me...you went to the directory with AlexB 73eQ xml(as i have no programs listed there)....do you have to create this directory first n how is that done exactly....???

That is Acustica vstplugins folder.

Alex's xml is there by mistake and it is then overwritten.

That XML was automatically created earlier during set-up creation (from the template "Source Nebula XML").

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Grim » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:18 pm

I am having a recurring problem when using set-ups to create different instances of Nebula.

I believe this is a problem specific to Cubase and the way in which it recognises plugs. I'm sure this is not any fault or bug with Neb setups but just wondering if anyone might have experienced the same thing and worked out exactly the cause or possible workarounds.

I first had the problem in a big way when trying to switch from 32bit to 64bit Cubase. My projects would open with wrong Neb instances and init (as obviously they couldn't find the correct preset). This was despite them being created with exactly the same names. I ended up bridging 32bit Neb to open old plugs and creating new names for 64bit and I gradually moved all instances across to 64bit only.

However despite now only having the 64bit instances I am finding that every time I use Neb Setups to update the library of an instance, something changes and if I open a project with that particular instance previously inserted, a different instance is loading. To further confuse the situation, it doesn't seem to do this with all instances!

Obviously this is an annoyance as I never know if re-opened projects are missing processing without opening all my Nebs.
Grim

PreviousNext

Return to Tools