sneaky wrote:works for me. BRilliant. THanks Steve
Alpha 4 is coming
The main new feature is loading/editing of existing xml setup files.
Now you don't have to repeat everything, if you want to just add or delete few programs of your custom plugin. Just load existing setup file, modify it and save it again (program adding, drag & drop rearanging, deleting is supported - even multiple programs at once, so you can do changes very quickly & easily).
- installer - the last values of all input fields are now saved to the settings file - new input field: full path to the setup file - log window is now located on the 'settings' tab - setup file editing
More about editing capabilities:
- the left pane contains all installed programs from the Nebula repository - the right pane contains programs contained in the currently loaded/specified setup file - multiple programs from the left pane can be selected and added/inserted at the current position in the right pane using '>' button - the right pane can be cleared using 'Clr' button - multiple programs at once can be deleted from the right pane using 'x' button - drag & drop support for moving multiple programs up and down in the right pane - specified setup file can be loaded into the right pane using 'Ld' button - contents of the right pane can be saved to the specified setup file using 'Sv' button
Custom Nebula plugin creating:
When 'GO!' button is pressed, new custom plugin is created (xml + dll) and contents of the right pane are saved to the specified setup file (as with the 'Sv' button). This setup file is then associated with the newly created plugin.
Note: setup files are usually located in the "\nebulatemprepository\setups" folder, so be sure your specified setup file path is correct.
To be done ...
- up/down buttons as alternative for drag & drop in the right pane - adding programs ('>' button) to the right pane using drag & drop - preventing duplicates in the right pane
We're getting close, but this is stil 'alpha'. A lot of code is added, changed, there may be a lot of bugs etc. So be careful
- product name changed to "Nebula Set-ups" (don't ask, it's a Windows 7 wonderland) - installation folder and start menu shortcuts are also changed. - executable name changed to "nebulastps.exe" (the same story)
- drag & drop support for new adding programs from a repository to the setup pane - warnings when loading the setup file into an existing setup or writing over an existing setup file - check/ignore duplicated programs in the setup pane - up/down buttons for moving (multiple) programs in the setup pane - select all (ctrl-a) shortcut in both panes - delete (del) shortcut in the setup pane - button icons - search field for quick searching/filtering programs in the repository (left pane)
First uninstall previous alpha and delete installation folder - you can save nssettings.xml, if you wan't. Then install this new alpha version.
I think this is pretty much it - this one will soon become a beta version. I think no big new features are needed anymore, creating custom plugins and creating/editing setup files is very quick and easy IMHO.