Login

NebulaMan 1.2 development versions - CLOSED

Additional software tools

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby zabukowski » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:49 pm

MarcelKO wrote:Can't seem to do anything right today. My email doesn't recognize your email address so it wont send


zabukowski@gmail.com

Thanks!
Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby zabukowski » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:23 pm

NebulaMan requires Snow Leopard or newer Mac OS.

Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby tbentley » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:05 am

Makes since. I have another request. I use the same drum samples alot. So i want to render them with nebula. But it seems if the wav file is short, you get a silenced file.
tbentley
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:17 am

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby zabukowski » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:22 am

tbentley wrote:Makes since. I have another request. I use the same drum samples alot. So i want to render them with nebula. But it seems if the wav file is short, you get a silenced file.


Please give me more details.

OS, NebulaMan settings, project settings, Nebula programs used for rendering.

You can also send me settings file, project file and problematic wav file - zabukowski ape gmail dot com

Thanks!
Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby RJHollins » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi Z,

As I put together my workflow process, it's looking like NebulaMan is going to be implemented as the rendering app. I've been using WaveLAB and REAPER as my primary apps ... but BOTH of these programs have had [what appears to be] Nebula issues :roll: Reaper, in particular, has been randomly crashing [latest version] that I cannot rely on it for production at this point. [using Neb in dedicated process]. Now I looked to NebulaMan for processing my NEB chain.

Couple question/issues please. [v1.2 dev1] [XP-32].

1st ... Maybe a demo limit ... the EQ's are NOT doing any eq'ing :shock: [EDIT: ahhh, ok ... the preview bypass was active :| hmmm ... icon not really clear about that.

1. I hear 'beeps', and 'ABOUT' tells me demo mode. How/Where to get license ???

2. The 'search' function: I'd like to be able to search by 'Library Patch Number'. That is, each NEB patch # is assigned to a specific. Since I use a hybrid collection of various apps for getting sounds sculpted [via Virtual Cable/ VSTHost, etc], it would be handy to easily locate the specific patch with these numbers in NebMan.
I heard that the patch# 'may' be specific to MY install [maybe not] but this would really speed setup.

3. owww ... maybe minor, but ... the 'Bypass selected' and the 'Delete Select' are dangerously close to each other! I KNOW I should keep my eyes open, but I tend to close them during A/B'ing concentration ... a slip of the mouse and the group would be removed :oops:
Maybe a single 'ByPass' toggle button that would not require moving the mouse. Just click toggle ... Maybe tied to a Key stroke would be handy.

I've just started testing NebMan ... more question to follow, but these 1st :)

Thanks.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2635
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby zabukowski » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:26 am

RJHollins wrote:
1. I hear 'beeps', and 'ABOUT' tells me demo mode. How/Where to get license ???

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

RJHollins wrote:2. The 'search' function: I'd like to be able to search by 'Library Patch Number'. That is, each NEB patch # is assigned to a specific. Since I use a hybrid collection of various apps for getting sounds sculpted [via Virtual Cable/ VSTHost, etc], it would be handy to easily locate the specific patch with these numbers in NebMan.
I heard that the patch# 'may' be specific to MY install [maybe not] but this would really speed setup.


You can't really rely on a program numbers, because they are likely to change after new programs are added/instaled. But sometimes searching by number can be efficient, so I've put this on a 'feature request' list.

RJHollins wrote:3. owww ... maybe minor, but ... the 'Bypass selected' and the 'Delete Select' are dangerously close to each other! I KNOW I should keep my eyes open, but I tend to close them during A/B'ing concentration ... a slip of the mouse and the group would be removed :oops:
Maybe a single 'ByPass' toggle button that would not require moving the mouse. Just click toggle ... Maybe tied to a Key stroke would be handy.


Maybe I should put a confirmation dialog when deleting a program to avoid accidental deleting?

Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:04 am

Hi Zab !


OK ... Sent out the PayPal to the address.

... Thanks for considering the 'number search'.

2. Accidental deletion [confirmation] would be good.

Still ... it would be really efficient to have a single 'toggle' to allow A/B'ing.

However ... I've only tested the app briefly this afternoon, so really have not adapted or learned the flow.

A secondary question has to do with the addition patch descriptions that you've included on your site.
Maybe in the manual, but I was not certain how to incorporate them into NebMan.

Anyway ... look forward to getting license ... and help support your efforts for the NEB community.

THANKS!

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2635
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby zabukowski » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 am

RJHollins wrote:Hi Zab !

OK ... Sent out the PayPal to the address.

Thanks!

RJHollins wrote:Still ... it would be really efficient to have a single 'toggle' to allow A/B'ing.


You can use "Preview/Bypass" option (ctrl-b) for A/B'ing, also. Of course, FX dock will be improved in the future :)

RJHollins wrote:A secondary question has to do with the addition patch descriptions that you've included on your site.
Maybe in the manual, but I was not certain how to incorporate them into NebMan.


From the manual:

Tools/Update descriptions

This option allows you to import description files for your favourite Nebula library/program(s). Existing program descriptions will be updated with a more detailed ones (real device names etc.). This will help you find programs much faster and with more ease.

You can quickly (interactively) change a description of a single program by using the 'Tools/Quick Description Update' option.

Description files are available as a separate bonus download for registered NebulaMan users. A lot of available Nebula libraries are covered and the descriptions for new libraries are added frequently

Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi Zab !!

OK ... all licensed up and working :D
Now starting to dig into the program.

Couple of observations and feature requests [already].

1. Many libraries come at multiple sample rates [44.1, 96k]. What I'm not seeing is NebMan identifying what is what.

2. The next idea is a HUGH feature request, and something I'd very much would like to have access to.

The OUTPUT drivers seem tied to ASIO.

Would/ Could it be possible to add DirectX and/or Multimedia drivers to the selection list ?

Here's why ... I use VirtualAudio Cable to string various standalone apps together. The 'final' app routes to ASIO out. However, VAC can only be accessed via DirectX or Multimedia drivers.

Without delving into details [at this point], adding access to VAC from NebMan would put this app at the center of my Mastering 'hub', thereby allowing access to a multitude of 'external' tools concurrently!

I'd understand if this is a major development request, but I'd hope you'd be able to do this.

Thanks for your time and consideration AND for your efforts for the NEBULA community!

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2635
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: NebulaMan development versions (1.2 dev 1)

Postby zabukowski » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:02 pm

RJHollins wrote: Many libraries come at multiple sample rates [44.1, 96k]. What I'm not seeing is NebMan identifying what is what.


NebulaMan is always initializing Nebula instances and loading programs using the sample rate of the file to be previewed/rendered. If you look at the 'Messages' using 'Advanced' log level, you will see more behind the scenes ;)

RJHollins wrote:The OUTPUT drivers seem tied to ASIO.
Would/ Could it be possible to add DirectX and/or Multimedia drivers to the selection list ?


Windows: ASIO, Mac OSX: CoreAudio

Currently, I have no plans to support other standards. Maybe this will change in the future.

Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

PreviousNext

Return to Tools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: timoe and 6 guests