Login

NebulaMan 1.2 (win, osx) official thread

Additional software tools

Re: NebulaMan (win, osx) official thread (1.2)

Postby zabukowski » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:03 am

tonedeaf wrote:hmmm... is there anything I can send you to check if I screw up somewhere?

Double check if alternate folders exist on your system with correct subfolder structure (programs, vectors) and that programs are located inside.

Double check if Nebula plugin is showing programs from alternate directories.

Send your Nebula xml file you are using, to zabukowski ape gmail dot com. I'll look at it.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby turbotrixie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:56 pm

I transferred money for a Nebulaman License well over a week ago and have not yet received one. What is going on?
turbotrixie
User Level I
User Level I

Postby zabukowski » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:07 am

turbotrixie wrote:I transferred money for a Nebulaman License well over a week ago and have not yet received one. What is going on?

Can you please send registration data to zabukowski at gmail dot com.

Thanks!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby turbotrixie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:17 pm

All sorted, thanks alot!
turbotrixie
User Level I
User Level I

Postby RJHollins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 am

Not exactly sure how to request this, but something like this ... :)

Having a configuration situation developing, whereby, particular libraries are requiring modified settings in NEBULA's 'kern' page.

In particular, the Gemini HQ compressor, along with personal mods to specific PreAmps.

Additionally, without VST inserts, the CDS tape plugs, and all Acqua plugs are out of the equation.

But first ... in order to render out files, the available solution is to do things in sections [really kills workflow]. Staying within the REAPER DAW, for example, allows for a more coherent process ... but it, too, has obstacles that I'm learning to overcome.

In particular ... each track in a mastering project can be assigned and have its own effect chain. In the master bus section, I can have all 'global' inserts that all tracks will eventually get. This was the particular area I'd hope to call on NEBULAMan to handle [but not fully possible].

As I learn the workings of REAPER, I can 'freeze' individual tracks [optionally] ... but I'm looking into 'render stems' to be able to process each track of the album through the 'global' chain, and save these off as individual files. Later to be assembled, edited, level balanced, and dithered, etc, in WaveLAB as a proper CD format.

OK ... that's a basic scenario [with variations].

In looking forward, and to include NebulaMan into the workflow, I hoped to generate some ideas, suggestions to expand the flexibility and usefulness before the coding architecture gets to locked in [if still possible].

Any comments? suggestions? opinions ? constructive conversation?

Thanks!!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:21 am

RJHollins wrote:Having a configuration situation developing, whereby, particular libraries are requiring modified settings in NEBULA's 'kern' page.

In particular, the Gemini HQ compressor, along with personal mods to specific PreAmps.

Additionally, without VST inserts, the CDS tape plugs, and all Acqua plugs are out of the equation.

But first ... in order to render out files, the available solution is to do things in sections [really kills workflow]. Staying within the REAPER DAW, for example, allows for a more coherent process ... but it, too, has obstacles that I'm learning to overcome.

In particular ... each track in a mastering project can be assigned and have its own effect chain. In the master bus section, I can have all 'global' inserts that all tracks will eventually get. This was the particular area I'd hope to call on NEBULAMan to handle [but not fully possible].

As I learn the workings of REAPER, I can 'freeze' individual tracks [optionally] ... but I'm looking into 'render stems' to be able to process each track of the album through the 'global' chain, and save these off as individual files. Later to be assembled, edited, level balanced, and dithered, etc, in WaveLAB as a proper CD format.

OK ... that's a basic scenario [with variations].

In looking forward, and to include NebulaMan into the workflow, I hoped to generate some ideas, suggestions to expand the flexibility and usefulness before the coding architecture gets to locked in [if still possible].

Any comments? suggestions? opinions ? constructive conversation?

Thanks!!

Thanks for your suggestions and ideas !

NebulaMan dev 1.5 dev 2 will introduce rendering FX chains for project pool items (root, file, directory, group). This will be a huge step forward in terms of usabillity.

There will be also 5 preview sources for easy preview and quick switching between different fx chains.

Feature "Different configurations for different Nebula programs" is also planned - i hope it will make it into 1.5 cycle.

Sorry, no VST support in the near future, but i would really like to do it someday.

I am sure you'll like new stuff.

Thanks!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:34 am

I hope everybody read this thread, and what new features you look to implement ! :)

Thanks 'ZAB' !!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 pm

RJHollins wrote:I hope everybody read this thread, and what new features you look to implement ! :)

Thanks 'ZAB' !!

There are many new and interesting things coming in the next dev cycle (after 1.5 release), but I won't talk about it, yet ;)

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby davida » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi guys,
how can hi make it works ? I 've selected my soundcard as audio device, which is MOTU 828mk3 , but I can't choose any output in NebulaMan Settings …

thanx for advance

;)
davida
User Level II
User Level II

Postby zabukowski » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:10 am

davida wrote:Hi guys,
how can hi make it works ? I 've selected my soundcard as audio device, which is MOTU 828mk3 , but I can't choose any output in NebulaMan Settings …

thanx for advance

;)

You can't choose outputs with OSX version. Output is defined with audio device in Audio MIDI Setup. There you can also define additional aggregate output devices which use different outputs.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Tools