Login

NebulaMan 1.2 (win, osx) official thread

Additional software tools

Re: NebulaMan (win, osx) official thread (1.2)

Postby zabukowski » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:41 am

xyxxjx wrote:All my audio files a wavpack will it work with Nebulaman? If not any change of it being supported?

Wavpack is currently not supported, maybe in the future ...

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby xyxxjx » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:45 am

Ok thanks, will buy when wavpack is supported.
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby tonedeaf » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:02 am

quick question, I am trying to use Nebulaman, my programs are install on a different hard drive and I had an alternative path setup in the xml, would this effect how nabulaman works?

at the moment, after I selected xml the programs are still not setting up.

I am on OSX.

Thank you ;)
tonedeaf
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby zabukowski » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 am

tonedeaf wrote:quick question, I am trying to use Nebulaman, my programs are install on a different hard drive and I had an alternative path setup in the xml, would this effect how nabulaman works?

I am on OSX.

Thank you ;)

I am not aware of ay problems with NebulaMan and alternative paths. If Nebula plugin found all programs and you are using the same XML for config, then NebulaMan should see all programs, too.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 am

Hi ZAB !

This raises another type of question ...

I sure you've seen discussion regarding alterations made on the KERN page of Nebula, where 'Timing' adjustment and KERN settings can be tweaked.

My setup has only 2 different configurations at the moment. Recently, with the release of the KULT compressor, there are specialized config settings to put the KULT into a 'hi-rez' mode.

The wonder is ... how can these different NEBULA version be used, as a mixed group, within NEBULAMan ?

Also [and I need to check the latest release], is it possible to edit these 'timing' settings within NebulaMan ??

Oh ... a third issue I'm running into. The combined used of CDSoundMaster tape library and the VST plugin
'VTM-M2' [compression module]. It would be so good to be able to load VST's [including the AQUA Vst's] into the NMan chains.

Thanks for your Dev work ... looking forward !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:37 am

RJHollins wrote:Hi ZAB !

This raises another type of question ...

I sure you've seen discussion regarding alterations made on the KERN page of Nebula, where 'Timing' adjustment and KERN settings can be tweaked.

My setup has only 2 different configurations at the moment. Recently, with the release of the KULT compressor, there are specialized config settings to put the KULT into a 'hi-rez' mode.

The wonder is ... how can these different NEBULA version be used, as a mixed group, within NEBULAMan ?

Also [and I need to check the latest release], is it possible to edit these 'timing' settings within NebulaMan ??

Nebula parameter editing is on the to-do list. I will think about feature to have "Nebula configuration file" property linked to the program in the Nebula repository.

RJHollins wrote:Oh ... a third issue I'm running into. The combined used of CDSoundMaster tape library and the VST plugin
'VTM-M2' [compression module]. It would be so good to be able to load VST's [including the AQUA Vst's] into the NMan chains.

Thanks for your Dev work ... looking forward !

VST support is a big one. Unfortunately, it wont happen soon :(

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby tonedeaf » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:20 pm

zabukowski wrote:
tonedeaf wrote:quick question, I am trying to use Nebulaman, my programs are install on a different hard drive and I had an alternative path setup in the xml, would this effect how nabulaman works?

I am on OSX.

Thank you ;)

I am not aware of ay problems with NebulaMan and alternative paths. If Nebula plugin found all programs and you are using the same XML for config, then NebulaMan should see all programs, too.

Zabukowski

hmmm Nebula is loading up fine, but the programs are not showing on nebulaman.. Nebulaman kinda didnt look at the alternative path command, it just saw the original path....
tonedeaf
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby zabukowski » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:49 pm

tonedeaf wrote:
zabukowski wrote:

I am on OSX.

Thank you ;)

Zabukowski

hmmm Nebula is loading up fine, but the programs are not showing on nebulaman.. Nebulaman kinda didnt look at the alternative path command, it just saw the original path....

Strange. NebulaMan is getting program list from Nebula engine. As the same xml is used for NebulaMan and Nebula, it should work the same.

I will look at this...

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Just checked win and osx NebulaMan versions.

Created alternative directory with 'programs' and 'vectors' subfolders. Moved some files from original directories to new corresponding directories. Added <alternativedatapath> to xml file (pointing to new directory).

Started NebulaMan - everything works as expected !

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby tonedeaf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:47 am

hmmm... is there anything I can send you to check if I screw up somewhere?
tonedeaf
User Level IV
User Level IV

PreviousNext

Return to Tools