Login

NEW: Nebula Setups AAX experimental WIN only

Additional software tools

Re: NEW: Nebula Setups AAX experimental WIN only

Postby zabukowski » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:49 pm

guess this is not my duty, alone, as you might change the preset-path, as well. - just a feeling

Duty ??? It is just a setting which can be changed. Of course, this is early experimental release, so i guess i will remove "Acustica" from default path ...

They do load, but I did not test them.

Ok, i think this will do for a start. Thanks!
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Support wrote:- Default path for AAX 64 bits is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\
- Default path for AAX 32 bits is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\

AAX 32 bits files are marked as " x86".

You can move files from Plug-Ins to Plug-Ins\Acustica if you want due NebulaTempRepository is in a complete, fixed non relative path in Master XML file.

You can not edit the .aaxplugin file name without extra work inside the folder aaxplugin.

There is definitely no Acustica folder at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\ for me. So there is no harm in moving the Nebula aaxplugin files to an Acoustica folder? Would I also need to move all the XML files that are also in that directory, such as Nebula3.xml?

This sounds very exciting and I definitely want to try this out. Just concerned if I create this new folder and move things will future Nebula AAX installations not go right since I've moved files around.
mtalavera

Postby zabukowski » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:18 pm

mtalavera wrote:
Support wrote:- Default path for AAX 64 bits is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\
- Default path for AAX 32 bits is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\

AAX 32 bits files are marked as " x86".

You can move files from Plug-Ins to Plug-Ins\Acustica if you want due NebulaTempRepository is in a complete, fixed non relative path in Master XML file.

You can not edit the .aaxplugin file name without extra work inside the folder aaxplugin.

There is definitely no Acustica folder at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\ for me. So there is no harm in moving the Nebula aaxplugin files to an Acoustica folder? Would I also need to move all the XML files that are also in that directory, such as Nebula3.xml?

This sounds very exciting and I definitely want to try this out. Just concerned if I create this new folder and move things will future Nebula AAX installations not go right since I've moved files around.

I think for now, just change AAX setting in Nebula Setups to the proper folder (without Acustica).
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:36 pm

And remember IMPORTANT !!!

Nebula3 Reverb.aaxplugin is a FOLDER. So when changing/selecting base Nebula plugin, you are actually selecting a folder - you will not be able to enter file name!!!
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Tools