Login

Nebula Setups 2.5.1 released

Additional software tools

Re: Nebula Setups 2.5.1 released

Postby beingmf3 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Zab, right now I have severe problems - some quirky stuff happening in the past as well, but along with the latest server update, things got really unpredictable.

First of all: I can only save 32 bit dll's, for 64 it says "Can not copy file [correct path to dll]".

Then: previously saved and working dll's only load "Init" when I open Reaper projects. Not all, that is - just some.

3rd: Should I delete the Temp files again? In Reaper's "Add FX" window the created dll's don't show up. Though: previously used dll's will load correctly in the projects!?

Do you know the issue - quick help greatly appreciated!!

EDIT: I just realise that no matter which dll I open in (a previously saved project in) Reaper, the setup is not correct! The menu shows the last used setup AND the actually saved program.
Say I used a "Comps" dll and a "EQ" dll in the song. I open the "Comps": the list is correct, only compressors are shown. But when I go to "EQ", the compressor list is shown plus "Angels2055 Hi".
beingmf3

Postby zabukowski » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:51 pm

beingmf3 wrote:Zab, right now I have severe problems - some quirky stuff happening in the past as well, but along with the latest server update, things got really unpredictable.

First of all: I can only save 32 bit dll's, for 64 it says "Can not copy file [correct path to dll]".

Then: previously saved and working dll's only load "Init" when I open Reaper projects. Not all, that is - just some.

3rd: Should I delete the Temp files again? In Reaper's "Add FX" window the created dll's don't show up. Though: previously used dll's will load correctly in the projects!?

Do you know the issue - quick help greatly appreciated!!

EDIT: I just realise that no matter which dll I open in (a previously saved project in) Reaper, the setup is not correct! The menu shows the last used setup AND the actually saved program.
Say I used a "Comps" dll and a "EQ" dll in the song. I open the "Comps": the list is correct, only compressors are shown. But when I go to "EQ", the compressor list is shown plus "Angels2055 Hi".

Uh, really strange.

Maybe this is the reason ??
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29162

So far, this has solved few strange issues and crashes after the latest Nebula update.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby beingmf3 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Unfortunately no effect - same thing: I can't save the x64 dll.

Another strange thing: when I open the 64bit "HO Preamp" dll in Reaper, it will only load INITs. When I open it in VSTHost x64, it works!?
Last edited by beingmf3 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beingmf3

Postby zabukowski » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:15 pm

beingmf3 wrote:Unfortunately no effect - same thing: I can't save the x64 dll.

Assuming you have 100% correct settings ...

Have you tried to run program as admin ?
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby beingmf3 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:21 pm

zabukowski wrote:
beingmf3 wrote:Unfortunately no effect - same thing: I can't save the x64 dll.

Assuming you have 100% correct settings ...

Have you tried to run program as admin ?

Yes, of course - I re-read the FAQ's over and over :) Unfortunately I installed Reaper 5, Setups 2.5.1 and Server 4.009 within a very short time frame so I don't know who's to blame.

I'm pretty sure btw that my settings are correct - Reaper congfiguration is imported from the version before and all paths updated respectively, Server update was super weird anyway (I'm not the only one) and Setups 2.5.1 seemed to work so far until I wanted to update some dll's. As I said: some do work, some don't :/

EDIT: doing a VST re-scan in Reaper right now
beingmf3

Postby beingmf3 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:45 pm

Another really weird observation: the properties of that "HO Preamp" dll!? Date created 12.09.2015 / Date modified 22.10.2014. How can this happen? My clock/date settings are correct.
beingmf3

Postby zabukowski » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:51 pm

beingmf3 wrote:Another really weird observation: the properties of that "HO Preamp" dll!? Date created 12.09.2015 / Date modified 22.10.2014. How can this happen? My clock/date settings are correct.

???

Anyway, i think you should delete temp files ...

Basically, in the background, when creating setup, there is only simple file copying going on with Nebula Setups. DLL and XML in VSTPlugins folder and XML (program list) in the Nebulatemprepository/Setups folder.

There are some additional files in Nebula Setups common folder but they are not issue here.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby beingmf3 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Deleted the TEMP files in the Nebula folder (I thought I've read recently that this is of no effect if you use setups?).

Well, it worked so and so.
Some setup dll's have to be updated manually while others are just working.

At least that one weird "HO Preamp" dll is working again!
Knock on wood!
beingmf3

Postby zabukowski » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:42 pm

Nebula Setups doesn't use temp files directly, but Nebula does. Since each setup is a copy of Nebula plugin, you can imagine that everything is closely connected.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby beingmf3 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Too early.

Now, as only a few programs were showing up in "HO Mics" I tried to re-save in Nebula Setups.

When opening the setup, indeed there were only 8 mics or so. Then I added the whole list from the repository and saved. Again I got the "Can not copy file ..." error.

I go crazy, man :evil:

EDIT: Saving as "HO Mics2" does work!?!?
beingmf3

PreviousNext

Return to Tools