Login

Nebula Setups 2.5.1 released

Additional software tools

Re: NEW: Nebula Setups 2.5 released

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:32 pm

mymusic wrote:Hi @Franci

Just download Nebula Setup 2.5 and everything went well during installation and all.

One thing I noticed is regarding the Acqua plugins Management. When I clicked on it, I went and assign the Path where all my Acqua plugins are installed but I noticed that Neb Setup 2.5 Acqua image GUI are not all up to date example: PEARL ain't there. Is this normal?

Image

Take a look at the screenshot I shared. Question is do I have to go and add the img file myself?

Last but not least, when I click on Update Selected Acqua plugin I get this error msg:

Image

Thanks in advance ;-)

You'll get that error if you have not set up the app to find the Acqua dll's AND the "template" dll that the app uses to make the updates.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Magic ?

Postby gussyg » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:59 pm

need help with this ? trying to get setup to work with AU's
Image
gussyg
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Re: Magic ?

Postby zabukowski » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:43 am

gussyg wrote:need help with this ? trying to get setup to work with AU's
Image


What exactly you don't understand?

Cheers,
Franci
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Magic ?

Postby gussyg » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:39 am

zabukowski wrote:
gussyg wrote:need help with this ? trying to get setup to work with AU's
Image


What exactly you don't understand?

Cheers,
Franci

what is a magic string ? where is it ? do i need it to make my au's work ?
it's not very clear in the manual what is it ...or how to manipulate it ,or where it's located
thx
gussyg
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Re: Magic ?

Postby zabukowski » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:48 am

gussyg wrote:
zabukowski wrote:
gussyg wrote:need help with this ? trying to get setup to work with AU's
Image


What exactly you don't understand?

Cheers,
Franci

what is a magic string ? where is it ? do i need it to make my au's work ?
it's not very clear in the manual what is it ...or how to manipulate it ,or where it's located
thx


Yes you need it. As described, this MAGIC string must be unique for each setup - this is plugin's identification. You can define MAGIC parameter as a local tweak (see Tweaks in the User's Guide).

Cheers,
Franci
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Magic ?

Postby gussyg » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Cheers,
Franci[/quote]
what is a magic string ? where is it ? do i need it to make my au's work ?
it's not very clear in the manual what is it ...or how to manipulate it ,or where it's located
thx[/quote]

Yes you need it. As described, this MAGIC string must be unique for each setup - this is plugin's identification. You can define MAGIC parameter as a local tweak (see Tweaks in the User's Guide).

Cheers,
Franci[/quote]
as a noob to your SW, this is very very confusing :?
gussyg
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Re: NEW: Nebula Setups 2.5 released

Postby gussyg » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:33 pm

magic seems only for vst ?
Image
gussyg
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Re: NEW: Nebula Setups 2.5 released

Postby zabukowski » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:28 pm

gussyg wrote:magic seems only for vst ?
Image


This value is used for AU setups as well.

In the next maintenance release, "Steinberg VST" will be changed to "VST/AU" to avoid further confusion.

Cheers,
Franci
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Magic ?

Postby zabukowski » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:35 pm

gussyg wrote:as a noob to your SW, this is very very confusing :?


MAGIC is not really something new in the plugin world and i don't see it confusing at all (i guess it is just me). Some VST hosts (not all, though) also require the unique MAGIC value of each VST setup, so users have to take care about it in the same way as with AU's. This is something you can't ignore.

Maybe in the future Nebula Setups will be able to manage these MAGIC strings automatically, but can't promise anything atm.

Cheers,
Franci
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Magic ?

Postby gussyg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:05 pm

zabukowski wrote:
gussyg wrote:as a noob to your SW, this is very very confusing :?


MAGIC is not really something new in the plugin world and i don't see it confusing at all (i guess it is just me). Some VST hosts (not all, though) also require the unique MAGIC value of each VST setup, so users have to take care about it in the same way as with AU's. This is something you can't ignore.

Maybe in the future Nebula Setups will be able to manage these MAGIC strings automatically, but can't promise anything atm.

Cheers,
Franci

Hey Franci
Apologies for venting my frustration out on you :D
I finally got grips with your SW and I now have a lovely organised folder of plugins
load times is a huge improvement ,workflow is greatly improved too!!
might i suggest a walk through Video for noobs ?
I'm usually good at picking up new SW but it had me baffled for a few hours
gussyg
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Tools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests