Login

Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Additional software tools

Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby marcad » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:32 pm

I recently purchased Nebulaman and Nebula Setups. I have the most recent version of Nebula 3 (1.3.903 x86) installed and working properly on Windows 7-64bit using a 32-bit daw. After installing Nebulaman 32-bit the initial ACQUA error message comes up. However, after pressing Ok to continue, it immediately crashes saying that NebulaMan.exe has stopped working. It never opens the program. Could you please help me figure this out.

Here are some details of the problem that may be relevant
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NebulaMan.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5294da7b
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7bafa
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b727
marcad
User Level 0
User Level 0
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby Support » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:36 am

marcad wrote:I recently purchased Nebulaman and Nebula Setups. I have the most recent version of Nebula 3 (1.3.903 x86) installed and working properly on Windows 7-64bit using a 32-bit daw. After installing Nebulaman 32-bit the initial ACQUA error message comes up. However, after pressing Ok to continue, it immediately crashes saying that NebulaMan.exe has stopped working. It never opens the program. Could you please help me figure this out.

Here are some details of the problem that may be relevant
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NebulaMan.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5294da7b
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7bafa
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b727


Ensure your audio interface with ASIO driver is on and after run it configure your application. Also is very useful read both user manuals.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.

Re: Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby marcad » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:56 am

Thanks. Initially, I wasn't able to get to settings to configure the Asio driver in the application because it would crash and close before opening Nebulaman. I was able to solve this issue by installing Nebula 3 x64 and Nebulaman software 64-bit. Like magic, it opened up and allowed me to use it. I guess something is incompatible with the Nebulaman 32-bit version and Nebula 3 x86 inside of Windows 64-bit on my system. I retested it to see if both the 32bit versions would work but it crashed as before. The most important thing is that it now works and I'm glad to have this up and running. I know it will be useful. Again, thanks for the reply.
marcad
User Level 0
User Level 0
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby zabukowski » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:54 pm

This crashing is probably not related to Nebula itself as it crashes before ACQUA/Nebula XML file is actually selected and loaded.

Which NebulaMan version do you use ?

If not already, you can run 32 bit 2.0 dev version and see what happens.

You can also try to run program as admin.
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby marcad » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:22 pm

I tried using both NebulaMan 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 32-bit. Neither worked for me. The current working version that I have installed is NebulaMan 1.5.2(64-bit). I always install and run the applications with admin privileges. I took your advice and installed NebulaMan 2.0dev5 (32-bit). This worked for me. Thanks for the help. I have one more question. Will the license for NebulaMan 1.5 work with NebulaMan 2 once it is fully released or will I have to pay a fee to upgrade to the newest version?
marcad
User Level 0
User Level 0
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby zabukowski » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Upgrade to version 2 will not be free.
***

Can you try one more thing ?

Copy ACQUAL00.DLL from NebulaMan 2 32 bit install dir to NebulaMan 1.5 32 bit install dir (backup old file and overwrite it with the new one).

Does it work now ?

Thx!
Franci
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby marcad » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 pm

I tried copying over AcquaL00.dll from NebulaMan 2 and it did not work. The app crashed and closed without bringing up the initial Acqua error.
marcad
User Level 0
User Level 0
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby zabukowski » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:18 pm

marcad wrote:I tried copying over AcquaL00.dll from NebulaMan 2 and it did not work. The app crashed and closed without bringing up the initial Acqua error.


Just to be sure, delete file nmsettings.xml to reset program settings.

c:/users/username/AppData/Roaming/Zabukowski/NebulaMan/nmsettings.xml

Thx!
Franci
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby marcad » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:33 pm

I just finished trying it and it's the same result as the first time I installed the software. It now brings up the Acqua initial error but then crashes once I press ok to continue.
marcad
User Level 0
User Level 0
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Please Help: Nebulaman crashing upon opening app

Postby zabukowski » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:19 pm

marcad wrote:I just finished trying it and it's the same result as the first time I installed the software. It now brings up the Acqua initial error but then crashes once I press ok to continue.


This is really strange, can not imagine what could be the reason for this.

I will install .903 ASAP (currently running .876). Not sure if this is Nebula related, though.

Thanks!
Franci
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia


Return to Tools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests