Login

Using Nebulaman and NebulaSetups

Additional software tools

Using Nebulaman and NebulaSetups

Postby sfabs » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi

Im just getting to use Nebula Setups and Nebulaman to render. I have a few questions i think will be answered in seconds, I think I know the answers but need clarification.

I can use Nebula Setup to create new Nebula.xml files which I can alter the settings for Nebula (Ltimed, CNV etc)

I want to to play with and test render audio files whilst trying different Nebula libraries with different settings (FreqD, timed, classic, Splitf, econo).

I have been warned not to edit my original program files, which makes perfect sense!

I understand that the Timed, FreqD settings are part of the program (not the XML file) is that correct?

If that is correct I'm guessing I should create alternate nebula repositories with programs and vectors that I want to play with... and I think I would need to Manually copy all the programs and vectors to these repositories... and manually edit each programs Timed, FreqD settings one by one and save them? (I cannot automate this through Nebula setups?) use Nebula Setups to create the xml file that uses these repositories... then use Nebulaman to render with these programs...

Am I on the right track or am I missing something?

thanks for all your help...
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Using Nebulaman and NebulaSetups

Postby zabukowski » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:15 pm

sfabs wrote:Im just getting to use Nebula Setups and Nebulaman to render. I have a few questions i think will be answered in seconds, I think I know the answers but need clarification.

I can use Nebula Setup to create new Nebula.xml files which I can alter the settings for Nebula (Ltimed, CNV etc)

I want to to play with and test render audio files whilst trying different Nebula libraries with different settings (FreqD, timed, classic, Splitf, econo).

I have been warned not to edit my original program files, which makes perfect sense!

I understand that the Timed, FreqD settings are part of the program (not the XML file) is that correct?

If that is correct I'm guessing I should create alternate nebula repositories with programs and vectors that I want to play with... and I think I would need to Manually copy all the programs and vectors to these repositories... and manually edit each programs Timed, FreqD settings one by one and save them? (I cannot automate this through Nebula setups?) use Nebula Setups to create the xml file that uses these repositories... then use Nebulaman to render with these programs...

Am I on the right track or am I missing something?

All Nebula settings, which can be changed within Nebula plugin (except those which are available using "edit" button), can be specified/tweaked also within Nebula Setups as tweaks - they are stored in setup's XML file. No need for alternate repositories here, as program NP2 files are not affected directly.

Note that NebulaMan 1.x can not use setups created with Nebula Setups. The solution is to use NebulaMan 2 (currently in development), which can host VST plugins including those, created with Nebula Setups.

Hope it helps!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby sfabs » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi Zabukowski

Thank you for your reply, that is great to hear as I think that is what I am looking for... BUT...

I'm sorry if I am being a bit thick, but I cannot find what I want to do.

I want to edit the settings in the Kern page... for example, I want to create a Nebula setup for a specific EQ library which features 12 programs. The library is setup to work in SPLITH mode with clean odd and even processed in TIMED to start, then FREQD (as I understand SPLITH mode does). In the program the length of time for the clean odd and even in TIMED are set 10MS... I would like to increase this to 40MS.

I cannot find a parameter to tweak that would represent that, in fact I cannot find a parameter which would configure ANY of the settings in the KERN page...

Am I wrong about this, am i miss understanding the functions of parameters?
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby zabukowski » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:15 pm

sfabs wrote:Hi Zabukowski

Thank you for your reply, that is great to hear as I think that is what I am looking for... BUT...

I'm sorry if I am being a bit thick, but I cannot find what I want to do.

I want to edit the settings in the Kern page... for example, I want to create a Nebula setup for a specific EQ library which features 12 programs. The library is setup to work in SPLITH mode with clean odd and even processed in TIMED to start, then FREQD (as I understand SPLITH mode does). In the program the length of time for the clean odd and even in TIMED are set 10MS... I would like to increase this to 40MS.

I cannot find a parameter to tweak that would represent that, in fact I cannot find a parameter which would configure ANY of the settings in the KERN page...

Am I wrong about this, am i miss understanding the functions of parameters?

Forgot to mention that parameters on KERN page are part of the Nebula program as well (they are not tweaks stored in XML file).
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby sfabs » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:57 am

ok, so i need to copy programs if I want the same program libraries with different KERN settings. Thanks for helping :)
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Return to Tools