Login

Unable to render multiple files in Nebula Man

Additional software tools

Unable to render multiple files in Nebula Man

Postby Mysterygrimms » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:43 am

Every time I try to render multiple files in Nebula Man, I get render complete! before it finishes rendering all audio tracks.

I have tried both Nebula 1.5.2 (Purchased) and Nebula v2 dev3 (I like this version better) and both fail, when trying to render more than one file at a time (Also made sure to use updated AcquaL01.dll).

I also some times get garbled text showing weird file extensions (Look at pic below Shakers_NR)

http://imgur.com/NoQB3Ub

Two more examples

Render error messages

http://imgur.com/cU29h8B

http://imgur.com/lRPOfnq

For example, I was trying to nebulize some vocals I recorded (eight mono tracks), using Henry Olonga's (Roiher mic preset and 5033 into TCS) and I keep getting errors or it will render 3 out of the 8 files or complete rendering right away. All files are 44.1khz 24 bit.

I use Nebula Reverb x64. I also make sure to go to "Preview using source B Project Pool item FX chain" before rendering.

Trying to figure out, if anyone in the Nebula community has run into this problem before or a similar one and maybe can offer me a solution or steps to take, to remedy this problem?

Specs in case there needed:

Windows 7 x64 bit
i7 3820k
256 GB SSD
16 GB DDR3 Ram

Thanks.
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Unable to render multiple files in Nebula Man

Postby zabukowski » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:08 am

Regarding garbled file names ...

Do your path names contain any non-standard characters ? I think this may be the reason for this misbehaviour.

Regarding NebulaMan 2 renderings...

There are double backslashes in destination file names.
Please check rendering settings.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Mysterygrimms » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 am

I rendered the audio files to my J drive (Root Directory) after having numerous problems rendering to my Studio One Project Folder. I just noticed the double backslashes, myself. Thanks for pointing that out. I will check right now and reply back momentarily.

Thanks.

Update: Ok when I went to select my J drive (Root directory) Nebula 2 automatically put in double backslashes. I deleted the one back slash than tried to render a single audio file this time but got rendering complete 0 secs. I did load an FX chain this time though. Henry Olonga stuff.

Update 2: Ok just applied same setting to a single audio file and rendered to desktop and it worked this time. Let me try the 8 mono files at one time and see if that will work.
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

Postby zabukowski » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:34 am

Mysterygrimms wrote:I rendered the audio files to my J drive (Root Directory) after having numerous problems rendering to my Studio One Project Folder. I just noticed the double backslashes, myself. Thanks for pointing that out. I will check right now and reply back momentarily.

Thanks.

Update: Ok when I went to select my J drive (Root directory) Nebula 2 automatically put in double backslashes. I deleted the one back slash than tried to render a single audio file this time but got rendering complete 0 secs. I did load an FX chain this time though. Henry Olonga stuff.

For a simple test, create j:\temp and put your audio files inside it.
Then use NebulaMan 1.5.2 and add files to the project pool, add fx to preview source B of the root and start rendering.

Does it work ?

If you use NebulaMan 2, beside project pool stuff, also check settings before rendering - set postfix to _NR and set output dir to j:\temp. Uncheck all checkboxes.

This should work as well.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Mysterygrimms » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:40 am

Ok let me try the steps you just outlined for me. I will reply back in a few minutes. Thanks.

Update: ok step 1 worked. I created j:/temp put audio files into J:/temp folder. Pulled them up in the project pool, using directory and used preview source b to render tracks, with loaded Henry Olonga effects. :D Thanks Zab. I am going to try step 2 (And pray it works). I like Nebula Man 2 dev 3 much better. Thanks for your assistance!

Update 2: Step 2 worked as well! I'm a very happy man Zab. Thanks. I do not know why it works this way but you're the developer not me :D Thanks again Zab!
Last edited by Mysterygrimms on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

Postby zabukowski » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 am

Ok, great !!

Can you confirm you were using non standard chars in paths first time you've encountered problems ?

I have to be sure to put this one to the known issues list.

Otherwise, there are no limitations about file paths.

NebulaMan 2 is definitively a noticeable step from 1.5.2. I am constantly improving it to be more powerful and more simple to use. Note, it is still in the development ... a lot of work still has to be done.

Cheers,
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Mysterygrimms » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:08 am

Ok I do have a "Dash with a space between words?" Is that considered a non standard character? For example

J:\Studio One Multitrack Projects\Mysterygrimms - Nebulized Tracks
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

Postby zabukowski » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:25 am

Mysterygrimms wrote:Ok I do have a "Dash with a space between words?" Is that considered a non standard character? For example

J:\Studio One Multitrack Projects\Mysterygrimms - Nebulized Tracks

No, this shouldn't be a problem. Ok, i will investigate this further.

Thanks!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Return to Tools