Login

NebulaMan 2 release candidate 1

Additional software tools

Re: NebulaMan 2 dev 5 released

Postby kpbenoit » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:06 am

Happy New Year! Your software continues to blow my mind. Really great tool so thanks for continuing to extend the license while in beta. I notice that you've integrated LUFS normalization (EBU R128 Loudness Normalization to -23 LUFS). Is is possible that this target LUFS for normalization could be variable in a future release (i.e. user selectable from, say, 0 to -60dB LUFS instead of a fixed -23 LUFS)? This would become an amazing tool to automate the workflow of gain staging prior to mixdown. -23dB can be too hot for individual instruments (like percussion) and result in clipping (both the track, and/or the stereo bus).
kpbenoit
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: NebulaMan 2 dev 5 released

Postby zabukowski » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:52 am

kpbenoit wrote:Happy New Year! Your software continues to blow my mind. Really great tool so thanks for continuing to extend the license while in beta. I notice that you've integrated LUFS normalization (EBU R128 Loudness Normalization to -23 LUFS). Is is possible that this target LUFS for normalization could be variable in a future release (i.e. user selectable from, say, 0 to -60dB LUFS instead of a fixed -23 LUFS)? This would become an amazing tool to automate the workflow of gain staging prior to mixdown. -23dB can be too hot for individual instruments (like percussion) and result in clipping (both the track, and/or the stereo bus).

-23 LUFS is actually a part of the EBU R128 standard, but i guess it wouldn't be too hard to make this value used definable.

I'll think about it, thx for suggestion.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: HOT: NebulaMan 2 dev 6 released

Postby zabukowski » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 pm

NebulaMan 2 love is in the air again: development release 6 is available.

Locators, waveform display, FX browser dock, updated ACQUA programming library plus lots of improvements, bugfixes etc.

http://www.zabukowski.com/software/NebulaMan%20Version%20History.pdf
http://zabukowski.com/software/

nm2dev6.jpg
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: NEW & HOT: NebulaMan 2 dev 6 released

Postby jlchicote » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 am

Hi, the rendered files have the same original metadata? I mean, if I replace the original files, have the new one got the smpte information like the original?

THX
jlchicote
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: NEW & HOT: NebulaMan 2 dev 6 released

Postby zabukowski » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:52 am

jlchicote wrote:Hi, the rendered files have the same original metadata? I mean, if I replace the original files, have the new one got the smpte information like the original?

THX

Yes, metadata is preserved with the rendered files.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: NEW: NebulaMan 2 dev 6 released

Postby beingmf3 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Hey Franci, it seems your "software" site is down at the moment.
I just wanted to get the info if it's easily possible to revert to the original file (in case I want to try something else)?
Cheers!

Nevermind - working again :D

But that feature doesn't exist. Or did I overlook it?
beingmf3

Postby zabukowski » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:00 pm

beingmf3 wrote:
Hey Franci, it seems your "software" site is down at the moment.
I just wanted to get the info if it's easily possible to revert to the original file (in case I want to try something else)?
Cheers!

Nevermind - working again :D

But that feature doesn't exist. Or did I overlook it?

There is no such feature in NebulaMan. I always make a copy of original audio before rendering - if i want to revert, i just rename (or copy) backup folder back.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby beingmf3 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:18 pm

zabukowski wrote:I always make a copy of original audio before rendering - if i want to revert, i just rename (or copy) backup folder back.

OK - that's how I do it in Reaper now (and with "metamorphose" - renaming the original tracks to ".orig" instead of ".wav").
But I'd love to have some kind of a script which does this more or less on the fly. It would be really easy in Reaper: set audio file offline, then exchange the nebulized file for the original (or vice versa) and set it back online. Whatcha think you all?
beingmf3

Postby eaccin » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Has anyone experienced a total crash in Pro Tools 12 after processing with Nebulaman? I'm sure it's a PT issue, I had spikes with PT11 but it was just a matter of restarting the session but now it makes the whole session unusable. If someone have an idea how to work around it please let me know. I'm on mac OS 10.9.5.

Edit: This only happens if Nebulaman replaces original file. If I choose to create new ones it seems to be ok.
eaccin
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby eaccin » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:04 pm

in case anyone is interested...the workaround I found to avoid the spikes is to just drag the newly created audio files back to the session, to the TRACKS area on the left is easier. then just hide and make inactive these duplicated tracks. If there's an easier way let me know.
eaccin
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to Tools