Login

NebulaMan 2 release candidate 1

Additional software tools

NebulaMan 2 release candidate 1

Postby zabukowski » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Direct link to release post:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27980&start=110#p103823

Here it is, first development version with VST 2 support - currently windows only. I will concentrate on osx version after initial feedback with windows version.

VST2 support is the first major new feature of NebulaMan 2. Not the last, though - but there is a long path until final release :)

Enjoy!
Zabukowski
Attachments
nebulaman2license.zip
Expires on 1.1.2017
(854 Bytes) Downloaded 19 times
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: NebulaMan 2 dev 1 (win x86/x64) released - VST 2.x suppo

Postby botus99 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:12 pm

looks like it's running perfectly over here :D I've been so excited for this release, you're the man Zab!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Vando » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:35 pm

After a quick check seems to be working all right. Thanks mr Z!
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Pedro Martins » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:40 am

Hey Zab, so exciting the VST2 support feature!
But, after applying the license you posted NebulaMan2 still goes in DEMO mode,... (it says 'invalid license' or so..)
Anyone with the same issue?
Am I doing something wrong?

Meanwhile the previous 1.5.2 works like a charm, but no VST2(the main reason I'll try to use most the new V2 version)

Help please..
Thanks
Pedro Martins
User Level III
User Level III

Postby zabukowski » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53 am

Pedro Martins wrote:Hey Zab, so exciting the VST2 support feature!
But, after applying the license you posted NebulaMan2 still goes in DEMO mode,... (it says 'invalid license' or so..)
Anyone with the same issue?
Am I doing something wrong?

Meanwhile the previous 1.5.2 works like a charm, but no VST2(the main reason I'll try to use most the new V2 version)

Help please..
Thanks

I've just check it here and it works as expected. Please send your (unzipped) license file to software dot support at zabukowski dot com.

Did you installed it in the same way as with NebulaMan 1.5.2 ?

Thanks!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Pedro Martins » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi Zab,

I'm pretty sure I did the installation as with NebulaMan 1.5.2, then 'license' ; 'install license' and that's it, but in this case (NebulaMan2) it gave me an error('invalid license', then I did 'remove license' and again 'install license' but no luck!

Thanks for your help in this, I've just sent you an e-mail

Greetings
Pedro Martins
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Pedro Martins » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Problem solved, it's authorized!!
Maybe I was doing something wrong,
I unistalled and installed again NebulaMan2 the 'install license' and it is not in 'demo' mode now, it's authorized! But ( :-( )
I seem to have another problem, I think it's my soundcard (E-MU 0404 | USB) that is causing it, NebMan 1.5.2 works good and there I can set the buffer size myself, I put it at 8192 and it works really well, but in NebMan2 this is set automatically, and there is this number on the buffer size: 304 ... I think I can't alter it, and the sound plays really very slow and with some kind of dropouts, even if there's no program (Acqua or VST) in the FX chains, just play a file without any process this occurs!

Can you please tell me if it is the soundcard problem, and if so, is there a way I can put manually the buffer size in NebulaMan2?

Thanks in advance

Greetings
Pedro Martins
User Level III
User Level III

Postby zabukowski » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:09 pm

News from the lab :)

Currently i am fighting with OSX dev version of NebulaMan - looks supporting VST on OSX is a challenge on its own.

A real show stopper are some non working, unstable plugins (which work without a problem in Windows version), including Nebula itself. Problems are on my side, so it will take some time to find and fix all these bugs...

Nebula Setups 2 dev VST preview also suffers from the same problems, so official release is postponed until things are sorted out.

I guess i will soon release NebulaMan 2 dev 2 soon, which will be very experimetal (suffering from mentioned issues), at least on OSX side. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Pedro Martins » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi Zab,

I've noticed this issue;
I'm on Windows7 32bit .,. you helped me out and now I can open NMan2 with correct buffer-size with my E-MU 0404|USB audio device,
NMan accepts and process with Nebula programs as well as native VST2 plug-ins(the ones I have!), but when I add a UAD VST2 plugin (I have a UAD-2 Solo card with ~10plugins) it doesn't process; yes, the UAD plugs appear in the FX chain, I can tweek them but no change in sound, they are not processing, I can put full gain on the Prec Limiter but no 12Db louder, nothing, the sound remains the same, unaltered, although in the UAD perf. monitor I have the dsp% of it, tried the LA2A, no process, 1176LN, no process...
Anyone with this issue in NebulaMan2?
Is there any chance to fix this?
It would be fantastic to Nebulize audio with some UAD processing! (the compressors and limiter)

Greetings Zab, and thanks in advance for your help..

ps, very good sound and arrangements on the BeeGees song!!

;)
Pedro Martins
User Level III
User Level III

Postby zabukowski » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:49 pm

NMan accepts and process with Nebula programs as well as native VST2 plug-ins(the ones I have!), but when I add a UAD VST2 plugin (I have a UAD-2 Solo card with ~10plugins) it doesn't process; yes, the UAD plugs appear in the FX chain, I can tweek them but no change in sound, they are not processing, I can put full gain on the Prec Limiter but no 12Db louder, nothing, the sound remains the same, unaltered, although in the UAD perf. monitor I have the dsp% of it, tried the LA2A, no process, 1176LN, no process...
Anyone with this issue in NebulaMan2?
Is there any chance to fix this?
It would be fantastic to Nebulize audio with some UAD processing! (the compressors and limiter)

I just checked it here (Win7 x64, UAD-1, NebulaMan 2 dev 1 x86) and looks it's working.

Have to check it in on another comp (Win7 x64, UAD-2). Unfortunately i don't have access to 32 bit Windows 7 ... Maybe this is 32 bit win7 specific ?!?

ps, very good sound and arrangements on the BeeGees song!!

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Tools