Zabukowski

Thank you for the support!
spinlud
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Problems with NebulaMan

Postby zabukowski » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:36 pm

I've done some testing - Win x64, RME Babyface, NebulaMan 1.5.2 x64

There are definitively some inconsistencies related to NebulaMan and soundcard driver when changing samplerates and buffer size/latency. Improvements/fixes are on a todo list.

Despite that I have no real trouble here working at 96 kHz.

Try this:

1. run NebulaMan - open Setting Dock
2. set sample rate to 96 kHz and buffer size to 512
3. close NebulaMan
4. open soundcard control panel and set sample rate to 96 kHz + latency/buffer size to 512
5. run NebulaMan and try to preview a file

Hope this helps!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby spinlud » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Thank you, i've tried this procedure many times, but got always the same problem. When i start the preview of the file in nebulaman the buffer of my audiocard switch to 2048 samples....i've tried also to revert to 512 manually after this happens but the sound is totally distorted. I've tried also with asio4all drivers but got the same issue.

If unistall nebulaman (deleting also the folder in \application data\roaming\..) and reinstall it, without touch the sample rate of 44.1 khz in the window settings, i can hear/preview files normally without distortion. It seems the problem start to happen when i change the sample rate in the window settings...after that distortion and playback issues in the preview of an audio file occur, even if i swtich back to the sample rate of 44.1 khz.
spinlud
User Level I
User Level I

Postby zabukowski » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:08 pm

So, we are trying to avoid that automatic/incorrect soundcard's latency change, which is caused by NebulaMan after sample rate has been changed (with playback start).

Because of this, you should close NebulaMan and change latency back to desired, then reopened NebulaMan. Since it is already at the right sample rate, latency change shouldn't happen anymore.

Distortion usually comes because soundcard's latency is larger than NebulaMan's buffer size.

Other than this, I currently don't have any other idea, since it is working here :(

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby spinlud » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:02 pm

zabukowski wrote:So, we are trying to avoid that automatic/incorrect soundcard's latency change, which is caused by NebulaMan after sample rate has been changed (with playback start).

Because of this, you should close NebulaMan and change latency back to desired, then reopened NebulaMan. Since it is already at the right sample rate, latency change shouldn't happen anymore.

Yes i've tried exactly that, but for a strange reason even after close nebulaman and change the sample rate and buffer size of the audio card (so they matches the nebulaman settings) and re-open nebulaman and preview the file the buffersize of the audio-card changes instantly to 2048 samples with no reason.

I use this interface with no problems changing sample rate on reaper, cubase, ableton and other audio applications so the asio drivers should be ok.
spinlud
User Level I
User Level I

Postby zabukowski » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:09 pm

spinlud wrote:
zabukowski wrote:So, we are trying to avoid that automatic/incorrect soundcard's latency change, which is caused by NebulaMan after sample rate has been changed (with playback start).

Yes i've tried exactly that, but for a strange reason even after close nebulaman and change the sample rate and buffer size of the audio card (so they matches the nebulaman settings) and re-open nebulaman and preview the file the buffersize of the audio-card changes instantly to 2048 samples with no reason.

I use this interface with no problems changing sample rate on reaper, cubase, ableton and other audio applications so the asio drivers should be ok.

Weird :(

What happens if you set NebulaMan's buffer size to 2048 then ????

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby spinlud » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Zabukowski wrote:Weird :(

What happens if you set NebulaMan's buffer size to 2048 then ????

Zabukowski

If set nebulaman to 2048 the buffersize of the audio-card switch to 4096 when starting preview...

The only setting that seems to playback normally is using asio4all @2048 samples both on nebulaman and asio4all settings, but it works only to preview the file. When adding a nebula program pops, clicks and droputs occur probably because the buffersize is too high...
I've no idea what could be the reason of that and why it happens only to me (or am i the only using nebulaman @96 khz?).
Let me know if there is something else i can checkout.
spinlud
User Level I
User Level I

Postby zabukowski » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Which audio interface do you use ?

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby spinlud » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:45 pm

M-Audio firewire 410
spinlud
User Level I
User Level I

Postby spinlud » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Probably a stupid question but do i need a license to use nebulaman? I've just downloaded it from my customer area under Nebula3 Pro Bundle
spinlud
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to Tools