Login

Nebula Setups 2.2 released

Additional software tools

Re: NEW - Nebula Setups 2.1 dev 2 - Win x86/x64, OSX x64

Postby zabukowski » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 am

dream wrote:I'm very good on messing up things. :D

I don't know if that's a good idea or not, anyway, you'll tell me. :)

I use a lot the ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH command. When a new Nebula update comes I have to copy all the paths from the old XML file to the new one. At that point I can run NebulaSetups and get all my setups updated.
This time I had the brilliant idea to create a new setup, called, guess what, Nebula3Reverb.vst: I wanted to avoid that manual process I've just described, so I run Nebula Setups, I selected all the libraries I've got and I created a new setup called Nebula3Reverb.vst.
Then I updated all the other setups. As result I got the cancellation of all the "*.vst" files and I had left only the XML files. I couldn't run any of my setups anymore, neither Nebula3Reverb.

Have you ever thought to this scenario? Maybe if it's not possible to overcome it, it would be nice forbidding the creation of a setup called "Nebula3Reverb.vst", LoL.

Let me know what you think. :)

You've actually saved it as "Nebula3 Reverb". You wrote over your source config file, which is obviously not a good idea since VST file is deleted in this case.

Why it was deleted ? When generating/saving setups, source and destination were the same, then destination was first deleted then source had to be copied ... oh wait, what source, it has just been deleted :)) Setups Manager also failed, because source VST file was not there anymore.

You could do this, if you uncheck "Nebula VST plugin binaries (.vst)" on Save dialog, so only XML is saved. But then, a setup file would be created for default Nebula plugin, which is not a recommended practice.

I will think about "source tweaks", which will update source xml only - you could put your alternativedatapath entries there, for example.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: NEW - Nebula Setups 2.1 dev 2 - Win x86/x64, OSX x64

Postby dream » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:09 pm

I will think about "source tweaks", which will update source xml only - you could put your alternativedatapath entries there, for example.

It sounds just about right! :)
Thanks Zab!
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
dream

Re: NEW - Nebula Setups 2.1 dev 3 - Win x86/x64, OSX x64

Postby zabukowski » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:38 pm

2.1 dev 3 released.

OSX VST preview now working correctly + some minor bug fixes and improvements. Final 2.1 release is very close.

Please visit http://www.zabukowski.com/software

http://www.zabukowski.com/software/Nebu ... istory.pdf

Enjoy!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby dream » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Hi Zab,

just tried it on 10.8.5 and the preview doesn't show up. With the previous version there was a new window the came up after saving the setup, it was empty, now there's not even the window.

Just a feedback. Thanks for your great work!
dream

Postby zabukowski » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:10 pm

dream wrote:Hi Zab,

just tried it on 10.8.5 and the preview doesn't show up. With the previous version there was a new window the came up after saving the setup, it was empty, now there's not even the window.

Just a feedback. Thanks for your great work!

Hm, strange, window should show up in any case ...
I have 10.8.5 here and nebula server x64 1.3.681.

Do you have 'preview saved setup' option enabled when saving? Have you tried preview via Setups Manager ?

You'll need to upgrade to the latest Nebula Server as well.

Thx!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:20 pm

If preview is not working for you, let's wait for the new Nebula release, which is to be expected any time now - 1.3.7. I think it will solve problems with preview.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby dream » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:17 am

Ha, sorry, I didn't understand that.
Sure, I'll wait the new release. :) Thanks!
dream

Postby RJHollins » Wed May 14, 2014 9:30 am

Not sure if this is the proper thread to ask ... but ...

I'm at a production point to consider updating my Nebula Server to the latest release. Nothing bad or difficult about that ... it's all the custom Nebulas that would also need updating :shock:

Each of these customs have a unique 'Majic' number for VST identification ... so the question Be ...

What is the best way to attempt to upgrade all my Nebulas, maintain each of their patches and 'specialties' .... and not lose my mind, or compatibility with on-going projects.

Thank-you kindly 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Wed May 14, 2014 9:49 am

RJHollins wrote:Not sure if this is the proper thread to ask ... but ...

I'm at a production point to consider updating my Nebula Server to the latest release. Nothing bad or difficult about that ... it's all the custom Nebulas that would also need updating :shock:

Each of these customs have a unique 'Majic' number for VST identification ... so the question Be ...

What is the best way to attempt to upgrade all my Nebulas, maintain each of their patches and 'specialties' .... and not lose my mind, or compatibility with on-going projects.

Thank-you kindly 8-)

- backup Nebula VST folders
- backup Nebula Setups common folder (see documentation).
- upgrade Nebula

Magic number of setup is the same as the one in the source/base Nebula config.

If upgraded Nebula version has the same magic number as the old one (in your case this is expected), there shouldn't be a problem. After upgrade, use Setups Manager to upgrade all of your setups as well. All your projects should then load as expected.

Don't forget to preserve tweaks !!!

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Tools