Login

Nebula Setups 2 released (win, osx - x86/x64)

Additional software tools

Re: Nebula Setups 2 dev 2 released (win, osx)

Postby zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:30 am

richie43 wrote:That' very cool Zab! i have a quick question then; If I make some instances, and then go in and hand edit the xml's to fine tune them for something specific (like the LFREQD for a reverb, for instance), when I update the dll with Nebula Setups, do I lose the hand edited parts? Doesn't the update use whatever I have Nebula Setups using as the template?


You are right ...

But fortunately dev 3 version will have new "Tweaks" feature, which will allow each setup to have a tweak list of changed parameters ;) When setup will be saved, they will override original parameters from the source xml file.

Coming very soon ...

Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Nebula Setups 2 dev 2 released (win, osx)

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:20 pm

zabukowski wrote:You are right ...

But fortunately dev 3 version will have new "Tweaks" feature, which will allow each setup to have a tweak list of changed parameters ;) When setup will be saved, they will override original parameters from the source xml file.

Coming very soon ...

Zabukowski


You are the king. That's awesome. For now, I have all of my xml's saved in a back-up folder, and after a batch update (for the dll's), I can copy the other xml's on top to save any tweaks. But this app is awesome. When oh when is it officially released? I hope that you release before that temporary license expires......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4862
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Nebula Setups 2 dev 2 released (win, osx)

Postby zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:00 pm

richie43 wrote:
zabukowski wrote:You are right ...

But fortunately dev 3 version will have new "Tweaks" feature, which will allow each setup to have a tweak list of changed parameters ;) When setup will be saved, they will override original parameters from the source xml file.

Coming very soon ...

Zabukowski


You are the king. That's awesome. For now, I have all of my xml's saved in a back-up folder, and after a batch update (for the dll's), I can copy the other xml's on top to save any tweaks. But this app is awesome. When oh when is it officially released? I hope that you release before that temporary license expires......


I think the final release is not very far. Don't worry - free license will be available/extended until the final release.

Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Nebula Setups 2 dev 2 released (win, osx)

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Awesome!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4862
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Nebula Setups 2 dev 2 released (win, osx)

Postby zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Another thing ..

If you uncheck option "Nebula plugin configuration files(s) (.xml)" when saving a setup or using Setups Manager batch update, your xml files (containing changed params) will not be overwritten.

So preserving changed xml files is already possible. I almost forgot about it :)

Tweaks feature will be more interesting in case when xml files need to be updated and changed parameters preserved as well.

Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Nebula Setups 2 dev 2 released (win, osx)

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:33 pm

zabukowski wrote:Another thing ..

If you uncheck option "Nebula plugin configuration files(s) (.xml)" when saving a setup or using Setups Manager batch update, your xml files (containing changed params) will not be overwritten.

So preserving changed xml files is already possible. I almost forgot about it :)

Tweaks feature will be more interesting in case when xml files need to be updated and changed parameters preserved as well.

Zabukowski


I sound like a fan-boy (but am way too old for that.... :oops: ha ha), but that is even more brilliant. Thanks for that info. A HUGE time saver when updating!!! :D
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4862
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: NEW: Nebula Setups 2 dev 3 released (win, osx)

Postby zabukowski » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:37 am

Dev 3 released with tweaks support.

You know where to find it ;)
...
Nebula Setups 2 OSX will remain 32 bit until 64 bit ACQUA OSX is available. Regardless, you can already generate 32 and 64 bit setups (unfortunately not with a single “Save”, as is the case with windows version). Temporarily, 32 bit program options (binaries, config files) can be used for 64 bit setups as well. I will consider further solutions, when all versions of Nebula OSX will be available as 64 bit.
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: NEW: Nebula Setups 2 dev 3 released (win, osx)

Postby zabukowski » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Note for Nebula Setups 2 dev 3 Windows users:

Please download and install program again. Installers were updated because of a bug (tweaks were not saved with 64 bit setups).

Sorry for inconvenience.

Zabukowski
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: NEW: Nebula Setups 2 dev 3 released (win, osx)

Postby FrankydT » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:34 am

Hi,

I've just tried the Tweak Menu on Nebula Setups 2 dev3.
From the manual, it's supposed I should choose a parameter from the drop-down menu.
But it's empty.
I'm on OSX 10.6.8. Nebula Server 1.3.600 (IPP framework is installed
- I upgraded from a previous version)
I've also tried to run Nebula Setups on my 10.8.5 partition.
I know that, officially, only Snow Leopard is supported.
Just reporting.
Thank you
FrankydT
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: NEW: Nebula Setups 2 dev 3 released (win, osx)

Postby zabukowski » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 am

FrankydT wrote:Hi,

I've just tried the Tweak Menu on Nebula Setups 2 dev3.
From the manual, it's supposed I should choose a parameter from the drop-down menu.
But it's empty.
I'm on OSX 10.6.8. Nebula Server 1.3.600 (IPP framework is installed
- I upgraded from a previous version)
I've also tried to run Nebula Setups on my 10.8.5 partition.
I know that, officially, only Snow Leopard is supported.
Just reporting.
Thank you


Thanks for reporting!

Here is a temporary solution:

Right click on NebulaSetups2.app in Finder. Select "Show Package Contents".

Unpack attachment and copy file "default.nmdictionary"to Contents/MacOS folder (overwrite existing file).

Let me know if it works.

Zabukowski
Attachments
default.nmdictionary.zip
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
User avatar
zabukowski
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

PreviousNext

Return to Tools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron