Login

Nebula Setups 2 released (win, osx - x86/x64)

Additional software tools

Re: Nebula Setups 2 dev 2 released (win, osx)

Postby zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 am

richie43 wrote:I read here some time or another about Nebula Setups having some functionality with updating all of the dll's created with the app after there has been an update or upgrade of the main Nebula dll's (instead of manually updating each one.....). Has this been implemented yet? I have been looking for the option and am not seeing it, even after "unlocking" it with a temporary license file. If Nebula Setups can do that, that would be a HUGE help!! Thanks Zab! By the way, even if this app won't do that, this single application's importance to my work is second only to Nebula. Thanks for this amazing tool, I am excited to buy the final release!!

Yes, there is a Setup Manager, which allows you to update/(re)create, rename and delete setups. You'll need dev 2 version.

Note, that each (old) setup must be first imported and saved within Nebula Setups 2 in order to be tracked and available in Setups manager.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby andiw » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:17 am

Hi,

I tried NebulaSetups for Mac with Neb 1.3.600 and I found a bug:

in my 'Nebula3 Reverb.xml' the tag <PROTECTIONDB> is empty and in the created setup xml (in my case 'Nebula Guitar.xml') this tag is not closed (so just the <PROTECTIONDB> is created without the </PROTECTIONDB>). That was the reason why the VST hangs while loading. As soon as I closed that tag the VST loaded fine.
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:30 am

andiw wrote:Hi,

in my 'Nebula3 Reverb.xml' the tag <PROTECTIONDB> is empty and in the created setup xml (in my case 'Nebula Guitar.xml') this tag is not closed (so just the <PROTECTIONDB> is created without the </PROTECTIONDB>). That was the reason why the VST hangs while loading. As soon as I closed that tag the VST loaded fine.

Can you please attach both files?

Thanks!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:34 am

zabukowski wrote:Yes, there is a Setup Manager, which allows you to update/(re)create, rename and delete setups. You'll need dev 2 version.

Note, that each (old) setup must be first imported and saved within Nebula Setups 2 in order to be tracked and available in Setups manager.

Zabukowski

I don't think that we are "on the same page"......I am not talking about updating the setups, I am talking about updating the Nebula versions of each dll when I update the main Nebula. Right now I have to update Nebula, and then make copies of the new dll and manually rename them to match the custom dll's I made with Nebula Setups. Does this app do THAT in the Setup Manager? I can't see how to do it.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby andiw » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:50 am

zabukowski wrote:Can you please attach both files?

Thanks!
Zabukowski

I don't have the files anymore. I found out that I don't really need different Nebula setups.
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 am

richie43 wrote:
zabukowski wrote:Yes, there is a Setup Manager, which allows you to update/(re)create, rename and delete setups. You'll need dev 2 version.

Zabukowski

I don't think that we are "on the same page"......I am not talking about updating the setups, I am talking about updating the Nebula versions of each dll when I update the main Nebula. Right now I have to update Nebula, and then make copies of the new dll and manually rename them to match the custom dll's I made with Nebula Setups. Does this app do THAT in the Setup Manager? I can't see how to do it.

When you "save" the setup, plugin dll is also created (if selected on "save" dialog). Setups Manager is doing nothing else but batch saving of all selected setups. So not only setups are updated but dlls as well (with the updated source Nebula dll, for example).

Hope it is more clear now :)

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 am

andiw wrote:Hi,

I think this may something to do with the way Setups XML parser interprets and saves empty XML values. Looks like the latest Nebula introduces some new XML "empty" tags - this was not the case before.

I'll look into this.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 am

zabukowski wrote:When you "save" the setup, plugin dll is also created (if selected on "save" dialog). Setups Manager is doing nothing else but batch saving of all selected setups. So not only setups are updated but dlls as well (with the updated source Nebula dll, for example).

Zabukowski

Duh...... :roll: I knew that it is referencing the dll, I should have known how that made sense.......Thanks, that's brilliant. So basically, even if I am not updating an instance with different presets, I can open the setups manager and just resave the setup, thus updating the dll version... aha, quite brilliant.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:12 am

richie43 wrote:
zabukowski wrote:When you "save" the setup, plugin dll is also created (if selected on "save" dialog). Setups Manager is doing nothing else but batch saving of all selected setups. So not only setups are updated but dlls as well (with the updated source Nebula dll, for example).

Zabukowski

Duh...... :roll: I knew that it is referencing the dll, I should have known how that made sense.......Thanks, that's brilliant. So basically, even if I am not updating an instance with different presets, I can open the setups manager and just resave the setup, thus updating the dll version... aha, quite brilliant.

For a single setup, you don't need Setups Manager. Even when simple "Setup/Save" function is performed, you can choose which components of the setup you want to update (xml, dll etc.). Setups Manager does the same function in batch for multiple setups.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:22 am

That' very cool Zab! i have a quick question then; If I make some instances, and then go in and hand edit the xml's to fine tune them for something specific (like the LFREQD for a reverb, for instance), when I update the dll with Nebula Setups, do I lose the hand edited parts? Doesn't the update use whatever I have Nebula Setups using as the template?
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Tools