Login

Nebula Setups 2 released (win, osx - x86/x64)

Additional software tools

Re: Nebula Setups 2 released (win, osx - x86/x64)

Postby kindafishy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:03 am

RJHollins wrote:Not sure proper thread ... but still a 'feature' request.

Hi ZAB ! :D

As my custom Nebula count grows [much due to the essential SetUps program, there is a aspect that I'm constantly having to manage.... the 'VST MAGIC ID #'.

Reason being, certain programs and chainers use this ID# to identify a plugin. If they have the same Magic#, only the first is recognized. :roll:

To this end, I manually edit the XML of each custom Nebula with my own Magic#.

My wonder ... if somehow this 'management and assignment' could be handled within SetUps. Having some type of database that holds all the current Magic# in use, and a way to assign a #### when creating a new custom Nebula.

Just wanted to get the thought out there ;)

Thanks

Hmmm, so if I am to understand this, you load a Neb plugin created by setups, you get it set, you close the DAW, and then when you reopen it, it might select a different Neb plugin because of the magic number? Is that correct?

Which DAW are you using?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:10 am

RJ is using Nebulas in some very unique ways kindafishy, he builds his own "controllers" that are GUI wrappers for multiple instances. Their functionality is similar to the newer Acquas, but only a little similar. They are actually very cool, he has a thread here about them....
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27814&hilit=nvc

For the record, I have never had my DAW choose the wrong plugin. In fact, the last time I looked, the magic numbers of all of my instances (well over 100 and rising) are the same.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:42 am

richie43 wrote:RJ is using Nebulas in some very unique ways kindafishy, he builds his own "controllers" that are GUI wrappers for multiple instances. Their functionality is similar to the newer Acquas, but only a little similar. They are actually very cool, he has a thread here about them....
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27814&hilit=nvc

For the record, I have never had my DAW choose the wrong plugin. In fact, the last time I looked, the magic numbers of all of my instances (well over 100 and rising) are the same.

Thanks, brother! I'll check out the nvc as well.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:11 am

The MAGIC number is used by certain DAW's [maybe Cubase], and in most particular, the chainer Plogue BIDULE. Lately I use Reaper ... it uses the VST name [so non issue].

When BIDULE scans for VST's, it uses this Magic number to identify the plugins. If they all have the same Magic number, then it only registers the first one identified ... all the rest are not acknowledged ... so ya can't use them :roll:

Hey ... not my idea, but actually, BIDULE is written strict to the VST standard. [what the author told me].

Because BIDULE is what I prefer to use for my chainer to be controller via my NVC plugins, I make up a special Magic# in the custom XML file.

It all works in the end ... its just trying to remember what ###'s I have used. But actually, I now use part of the library name as the 4 letters used in the Magic#. This makes it easier to be sure they are unique. Also ... when updating the custom.DLL's with a new Nebula version, the XML file doesn't change, so the edit is only a one-time, first-time deal.

just wanted to clear this up ... hope that made sense :lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Tools