Login

NebulaMan 1.5.x (win, osx) official thread

Additional software tools

Re: NebulaMan 1.5 (win, osx) official thread

Postby zabukowski » Sun May 26, 2013 5:23 pm

jeffbdavis wrote:Just curious how things are coming along? :D

Currently I am focused to get a working version of Nebula Setups 2 as soon as possible. In the meantime, Nebulaman development will have to wait ...

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby jkervin » Mon May 27, 2013 5:33 am

zabukowski wrote:
jeffbdavis wrote:Just curious how things are coming along? :D

Currently I am focused to get a working version of Nebula Setups 2 as soon as possible. In the meantime, Nebulaman development will have to wait ...

Zabukowski

Psyched!!!!!!!
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby tbentley » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 am

Im having a issue. When i open nebulaman i get this error "the program can't start because ipps-7.0.ddl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" anybody know how to fix this.
tbentley
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby zabukowski » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:22 am

tbentley wrote:Im having a issue. When i open nebulaman i get this error "the program can't start because ipps-7.0.ddl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" anybody know how to fix this.

Install previous version of Nebula (1.3.505 for example) to get required libraries. Then update to 1.3.600.

When NebulaMan will be updated with the latest ACQUA, old Nebula will not be required anymore.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby tbentley » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:02 pm

thanks that fixed it
tbentley
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dagovitsj » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:21 am

Hi!
I've read the manual and beginning to grasp how NebulaMan works. But there is one (probably several!) thing I'm confused about regarding how the Project pool works regarding 'parent settings' and how the signal flow is?

I've loaded the S*L 4000 project file (which can be downloaded from the Customer Area) to try to understand how this work.

In short: I want to process my audio files with this chain:
Preamp AN81> Console S*L 4K > R2R > Console S*L 4k

Option 1:
If I just choose IL1 from S*L 4k and use that on all my audio files, I could put this chain on the root item, I suppose, and all my audio files will be rendered with this chain. So far so good, I get this.

Option 2: However if I want to use the same preamp (AN81) on all my audio files, but a different input for different instruments, i.e. IL1, IL2, IL3 etc and also use the special settings for drums/perc ('TRUE peak normalization' - and then untick the 'use parent settings' option, meaning that it use the special settings only for the drums). How do I achieve this?

The thing I don't get or get confused by is how the 'root item' and 'parent settings' work if I want a more complex rendering?

It seems like the signal flow changes in the opposite direction? From the manual it says regarding more 'advanced and powerful rendering scenario':
1) Each file is first rendered with its own FX chain
2) File is then rendered with the parent's FX chain
3) Finally, the file is rendered with the root item's FX chain.

So, if I put the preamp on the root item, it will not be first in the chain, but last - if I chose this advanced rendering scenario? Is that correct? In that case I should put the masterbus preset here, right?

My goal is to check out different preamps in front of the same console, to find which combinations that I like. If I have to put a preamp in every FX chain, I have to make a lot of FX chains - that seems very time consuming and unconvenient ;)

I would suggest that we could put a preamp in the root item, and then put the FX chains on the individual group items (guitar, vocal, drums etc). And that the signal flow would go from the "root to the leaf", like in Option 1, which I described above. Then it would be very easy and fast to change the preamp on the root item, do a save as, and put a new preamp on the root etc. I could make 10 different project pool templates in 1 minute! Perhaps this is already on the list for NebulaMan 2.0?

Any comments?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby zabukowski » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:25 am

Option 2: However if I want to use the same preamp (AN81) on all my audio files, but a different input for different instruments, i.e. IL1, IL2, IL3 etc and also use the special settings for drums/perc ('TRUE peak normalization' - and then untick the 'use parent settings' option, meaning that it use the special settings only for the drums). How do I achieve this?

You should put different preamp variation at the top of each group's fx chain.

'Use parent settings' is used only for properties (normalization type, EBU128 etc.) and NOT for the FX chains.

The thing I don't get or get confused by is how the 'root item' and 'parent settings' work if I want a more complex rendering?

It seems like the signal flow changes in the opposite direction? From the manual it says regarding more 'advanced and powerful rendering scenario':
1) Each file is first rendered with its own FX chain
2) File is then rendered with the parent's FX chain
3) Finally, the file is rendered with the root item's FX chain.

So, if I put the preamp on the root item, it will not be first in the chain, but last - if I chose this advanced rendering scenario? Is that correct? In that case I should put the masterbus preset here, right?

Signal flow goes from bottom (individual tracks) up thru groups to the final destination - root (master). So, preamp in the root node would then be the last fx in the chain, which is not correct - you shoud put masterbus there, as you said.

You can compare this to DAW mixer analogy.

My goal is to check out different preamps in front of the same console, to find which combinations that I like. If I have to put a preamp in every FX chain, I have to make a lot of FX chains - that seems very time consuming and unconvenient 

I would suggest that we could put a preamp in the root item, and then put the FX chains on the individual group items (guitar, vocal, drums etc). And that the signal flow would go from the "root to the leaf", like in Option 1, which I described above. Then it would be very easy and fast to change the preamp on the root item, do a save as, and put a new preamp on the root etc. I could make 10 different project pool templates in 1 minute! Perhaps this is already on the list for NebulaMan 2.0?

From 'top to bottom' flow would be optimal for your experimenting scenario, i agree. But it would not be appropriate in case someone wants to put all files thru master console preset at the end, for example. The real solution would be to have selectable signal flow - i will check the possibilities, it is not an easy one, since it goes down to fundamental concept.

A also have an idea to make special container programs/chains, which contain only references to the real program(s). In your case you would need to insert container program at the top of each fx chain.

Then, If container program is modified, all of its instances would be changed as well.

Hope it helps!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Tools