Login

Seeking BETA TESTER for Nebula Virtual Controllers [VST]

Additional software tools

Re: Seeking BETA TESTER for Nebula Virtual Controllers [VST]

Postby Melon_Jack » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Well, SWAN says all =)
Anyway, i have Win now (just need to send new authorization for it) and in few minutes will have Mammoth and Doc Fear)
Update: Mammoth, Doc Fear and EAR Bundle in my pack)
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby mrtrip » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:50 am

Hi, I have been using AITB Massive EQ for sometime now and have a very complex midi set up in my studio. I would love to test your new controller if possible? I am using W7 64bit, Cubase 7.
mrtrip
User Level I
User Level I

Postby SWAN » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:52 pm

thanks for the answers! In terms of latency I did not mean whether the controller added some - but just that the latency of multiple Nebula reverbs adds up so much that there is a large lag between controller movements and sound changes?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby Melon_Jack » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Las was been here even without controller =) At least for me with 10 instances of nebula)
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby RJHollins » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:29 pm

SWAN wrote:thanks for the answers! In terms of latency I did not mean whether the controller added some - but just that the latency of multiple Nebula reverbs adds up so much that there is a large lag between controller movements and sound changes?

Ah,I see. There is some lag. [at least for the beta]

I had intentionally programed in some 'delays' into the circuit. :o Whether they stay at the +250ms value, is what I want these test for. I originally put this in as a type of safety. In the early stage, I just didn't know if the system might possibly overload or something. Those 'inserted circuit delays' may very well be pulled out when beta is completed.

In practice, the MIDI design should respond like a VSTi instrument played by an MIDI keyboard would. [as an example].

The Massive/Passive in it's full expression spans across 13 NEBULAs. That alone introduces the normal latency. Notice that as a Nebula chain grows, when we make changes on the plug itself, the normal latency delays the onset of those changes. The combined audio buffers still must stream the audio data.

Of course, the 'NebulaVirtualController' [NVC], allows individual bypassing. So if only a few EQ bands are in use, the combined latency will naturally be less than when all 13 [or more] Nebulas are in the audio chain.

Thanks for the question. Keep them coming!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby mpodrug » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:39 pm

i didn't read the whole thread, but would really like to beta test. I run PC 64 bit, can i get the dll?
Thanks, i'm a big fan of such projects. Go go go!!!
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby ibonehren » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:07 am

Hello! I want to participate in the beta test. I think it will be very interesting and promising. Windows 7, Cubase 7
mytelekinez@gmail.com
ibonehren
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby ericus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:40 pm

So, are your beta testers testing yet?
ericus

Postby RJHollins » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:36 am

Update ...

Yes.

The initial beta has been in testing this week.

An early 'snag' at the very start, helped define an important feature that could not be postponed.

We found an issue that could, and did arise, due to different versions of a library. Once a small change was made of the beta ... the real testing could begin.

It was for a reason as this, that the initial testing would be limited to a single, trusted, dedicated person of high regard. :!:

Late last nite, with several days to 'just play' with the controller [between a busy studio schedule], I received positive comments. It works. 8-)

We have centered on the base naming convention too.

[N]ebula [V]irtual [Controller] - NVC

Understand that we are being cautious. Just as one should not update software just before a session, we must follow the same common sense, so test flights are happening in test sessions.

The mentioned 'snag' was really important to have.
To this, I'm putting together the 'User Configuration' module.
The NVC can then be tailored to a user specific Nebula library configuration. I've included custom naming of modules and descriptions in the GUI interface. These are saved in the configuration file, and will auto-load when the plugin is launched.

Much more happening ... just wanted to get a fast update notice to everyone.

Again, thanks for all the PM & forum comments.

OK ... getting back to work on some cool NVC features. 8-)
Last edited by RJHollins on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Oops!

I was sooooo expecting for this topic so many days and I just discovered it begun more than a week ago... :(

It´s that I was checking at "working with nebula" forum and I didn´t see this... so sad!

Anyway I´ll read it now and count on me if you think you need it still.
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to Tools