Login

What can Nebulaman do ?

Additional software tools

What can Nebulaman do ?

Postby jimiyves » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi,

English is not my native language, and I did not really understand what can Nebulaman do for Nebula users.

It can do fx chains, but do not understand what chain, and why it can save CPU.

Could someone explain that please ?

Thanks !
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Re: What can Nebulaman do ?

Postby zabukowski » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:15 am

NebulaMan allows you to process/render your audio tracks with Nebula outside your DAW.

FX chain is a chain of mutiple Nebulas (for example: Tape, Preamp, Console input, Compressor, Console Group, Console Master etc.) Each audio file will be processed with a whole chain.

NebulaMan will allow you to make pretty complex rendering setups (especially with upcoming 1.5 version - different chains for each file etc.)

If you do this, you will need less Nebula plugins when mixing in your DAW - so less resources (CPU, memory) will be used.

IMHO the main NebulaMan's strength is its dedication to Nebula.

1. I find NebulaMan very powerful when looking/searching for the right Nebula programs for my audio material.

Fast preview, searching, loading, replacing, A/B comparisions etc. make this task much more easy and fun. I found myself having much beter overview of my Nebula repository since using NebulaMan.

3. I like an idea to print consoles, tapes, saturation etc. to files with NebulaMan before mix and then forget about it. The same workflow as in the real analog studio. Usually I use Nebula in my DAW almost exclusively for eq and compression.

4. Proper gain staging - NebulaMan makes it simple by using input gain normalizing (peak RMS or True peak). This is very important in order to get the best sound out of the Nebula programs.

I hope this will give you an idea about NebulaMan's mission - please try it for yourself, I hope you'll like it as many other satisfied users.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby jimiyves » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 am

Thank you for your answer. Indeed it gives me a good idea of what NebulaMan can do. It seems to be a very poweful and useful tool.
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Postby koda » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm definitely looking to purchase NebulaMan, but in terms of its rendering capacities, I'm curious as to how it differs from, say, Reaper's batch processing, etc. For instance, when I bounce (or freeze) a nebula-laced track in Studio One, it will still force the PC into all-out max processing, causing all the fans to ignite into a fury, etc. Of course, in the DAW, if your Nebula program is configured to max out your CPU, it will still cause the CPU to go to max usage when this high-powered Nebula program is live on a the track's insert. So, essentially, it does the same thing when it's bouncing/freezing as when it's live on an insert, which brings me to my question: Does NebulaMan somehow have a different method of rendering (or using CPU during rendering) than everything else, or will it still push my CPU to the max when I "Nebulize" a folder of files? I'm going to purchase NebulaMan regardless, but I just wanted to know this information.

Thanks.
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby zabukowski » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 pm

koda wrote:I'm definitely looking to purchase NebulaMan, but in terms of its rendering capacities, I'm curious as to how it differs from, say, Reaper's batch processing, etc. For instance, when I bounce (or freeze) a nebula-laced track in Studio One, it will still force the PC into all-out max processing, causing all the fans to ignite into a fury, etc. Of course, in the DAW, if your Nebula program is configured to max out your CPU, it will still cause the CPU to go to max usage when this high-powered Nebula program is live on a the track's insert. So, essentially, it does the same thing when it's bouncing/freezing as when it's live on an insert, which brings me to my question: Does NebulaMan somehow have a different method of rendering (or using CPU during rendering) than everything else, or will it still push my CPU to the max when I "Nebulize" a folder of files? I'm going to purchase NebulaMan regardless, but I just wanted to know this information.

Thanks.

Interesting question. It is not Nebula specific, this behaviour is present with any plugin.

CPU usage (real time or offline) is increased because of plugin (Nebula) processing. NebulaMan or any other program which host Nebula, can't really control how much CPU Nebula will use, it depends strictly on Nebula and program loaded.

The only difference between real time/preview and offline/render is that real time processing has to be done in proper timing (less processing calls). Because of that, offline processing is usually much faster. It may use more CPU, though - but that is why fast CPUs are for - do more in less time :)

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Return to Tools