Login

NebulaMan license request

Additional software tools

NebulaMan license request

Postby kylen » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:06 am

I followed the instructions in the other post, got the paypal notification. Hopefully I did it right.

I'm looking forward to using NebulaMan to get more familiar with my multitude of Nebula libraries outside of the constraints of my Reaper projects. In other words, usually in a Reaper project I've already got a song to the point where it needs that certain something, usually some mastering touch. I'm thinking I can run some audio in NebulaMan without worrying about tweaking some other compressor or eq and just focus on the Nebula Libraries.

Looking forward to it.
kylen

Re: NebulaMan license request

Postby richie43 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 am

Hey. I am NOT trying to say that the Nebulaman program is not good, I have heard only amazing and great things about it. But as a Reaper user, I CAN say that you can process audio with Nebula with reaper's built-in batch processor. Even if it is just until you understand the Nebulaman program better, Reaper has the tools you need. If you need to run audio and test a Nebula preset (and your projects are almost overloaded already), then maybe I am off base. But I do quite a bit of batch processing of audio with Nebula this way and never even need to run Nebula instances in real-time. PM me if you need help. But by all means, support Zabukowski and his amazing work!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kylen » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Ah interesting, thanks richie43 - nice tip. I like having more than 1 way to skin the cat, now I have 3 ways it looks like. Will research and take you up on your offer if I get stuck!
kylen

First Time Installation - Log Stardate - Day 1

Postby kylen » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Installed per Quickstart guide, got the expected 1st time error:
"ACQUA initialization error - please check settings/ACQUA config!"
Hit OK.
"No audio device found - program will now exit!"
The next step in Quickstart is "Go to 'Settings' dock. I imagine that might be in NebulaMan which won't run.
I'm on my DAW (Win7 32bit, 3core, spdi/f) with Nebula3 Reverb v1.3.505 installed. Will look at this some more later on, any ideas welcome also!
kylen

Re: First Time Installation - Log Stardate - Day 1

Postby zabukowski » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 pm

kylen wrote:Installed per Quickstart guide, got the expected 1st time error:
"ACQUA initialization error - please check settings/ACQUA config!"
Hit OK.
"No audio device found - program will now exit!"
The next step in Quickstart is "Go to 'Settings' dock. I imagine that might be in NebulaMan which won't run.
I'm on my DAW (Win7 32bit, 3core, spdi/f) with Nebula3 Reverb v1.3.505 installed. Will look at this some more later on, any ideas welcome also!

You'll need an ASIO compatible soundcard.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: First Time Installation - Log Stardate - Day 1

Postby kylen » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 am

zabukowski wrote:You'll need an ASIO compatible soundcard.
Zabukowski

Ooops... :lol:
It was a nice thought anyway. I just use an optical cable to my DAC.
kylen

Postby kylen » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:23 am

I'm thinking NebulaMan might be good for managing presets and examining settings. Is it possible for it to work even if there is no ASIO soundcard and no playback? Or maybe another tool would give me a quick look at settings like TIMED, Stereo, env, etc without using Nebula always.
kylen

Postby zabukowski » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:42 pm

kylen wrote:I'm thinking NebulaMan might be good for managing presets and examining settings. Is it possible for it to work even if there is no ASIO soundcard and no playback? Or maybe another tool would give me a quick look at settings like TIMED, Stereo, env, etc without using Nebula always.

Currently none of this is possible. In the future NebulaMan will hopefully get an ability to edit Nebula settings (at least the more important ones).

Working without soundcard wouldn't really be the in NebulaMan's spirit, however i will think about it :)

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Return to Tools