Login

Invalid floating point operation

Additional software tools

Invalid floating point operation

Postby jables » Mon May 31, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm trying to run NRGUI.exe and I get this message upon opening. I've configured everything in settings according to user guide and confirmed through various posts. Unfortunately... when I click ok through the error message above and the gui comes up... I cannot add any nebula programs. Any thoughts. I'm sure I'm just missing something here.

I have the latest version of both the renderer and the gui.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
jables
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Invalid floating point operation

Postby zabukowski » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:18 am

Am not sure, if I understand ...

When exactly did this error showed up ? Please, attach screenshot if possible.

Do you use NRGUI PRO RC1 ?

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby jables » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:46 am

Hi Zabukowski. My sincere apologies for taking so long to respond. I've been out of town for some time now. Thanks for taking the time to ask for additional information.

This happened as soon as I installed the program and clicked the program exe to start up. Here is the screenshot below:

I'm at a loss. I'm running Windows 7 64bit... and just upgraded to the latest and greatest nebula pro version just 2 days ago! Really can't wait to get this figured out and onto some brand new mixing techniques! Thanks in advance for your guidance.
jables
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jables » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:51 am

Sorry...missed responding to your other question... I'm not using the pro version. I only installed GUI 1.3 and even the 1.4 update for windows. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thanks!
jables
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby zabukowski » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:57 am

jables wrote:Sorry...missed responding to your other question... I'm not using the pro version. I only installed GUI 1.3 and even the 1.4 update for windows. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thanks!

Please, try also NRGUI 1.5 free version (http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... opic#p1808).

Let me know, what'll happen !!

There is obviously something wrong at initialization - please look at the last page of NRGUI User Guide for troubleshooting.

We'll be in touch :)

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby jables » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks so much for the information. I wasn't even aware of an installable pro version. Nice!

Well... to my misfortune... the pro 1.5 did not fix the issue. Still came up with the same error message as before. Here are screenshots of both the settings and interface once I get past the error.

There has to be something installed on my machine that's not vibing with the program. :( I hope we can figure this out. Otherwise... I won't be able to render my tracks with the new AlexB MBC pro consoles I just bought! :shock:

Further information...
I run Windows 7 64 bit... on an I7 machine... with 12GB or ram. I use pro tools 8.01 le... with a less than stellar mbox interface.

I'm honored for your help on this and look forward to hearing back from you. I know you've developed a really amazing rendering program and I can't wait to use it.
jables
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby zabukowski » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks for screenshots !!

As I can see, there is a weird problem with ACQUA initialization (crash) - ACQUA is a library, which allows NRGUI to communicate with Nebula.

First few questions ...

1. Do you have Nebula installed on your machine - IMPORTANT: can you use it as a Nebula plugin inside your DAW software (PT)?
2. Do you have your AlexB MBC PRO programs correctly installed and authorized (they must be visible and loadable inside the Nebula plugin) ?
3. ACQUA config XML name is not visible from your screenshot - i guess you have specified "Nebula3 Reverb.xml" from your Acustica VST folder ?

If answer for all these questions is yes, then try to delete contents of the TEMP subfolder inside NEBULATEMPREPOSITORY (NEBULA will rebuild this folder at next initialization).

If this won't help, I'll send you a special NRGUI build, which will help us to locate an exact point of error inside NRGUI.

p.s.
You have installed NRGUI 1.5 PRO version - please, uninstall it and install (unpack) 1.5 free version, because you do not have a license for PRO version - you can decide to buy a PRO license later, when NRGUI will run successfully on your computer.

Thanks for help! :)

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby jables » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 am

Thanks so much for your continued support on this!!

The answer is definitely YES to all 3 questions. I've actually been enjoying nebula for the past 6 months. With the stuff from the free libraries... I'm able to get quite a few instances of nebula running in pro tools. Once I bought the AlexB consoles and "doc fear" though... I can only get about 5 instances before my machine tanks. With pro tools lack of batch processing... you're GUI interface and work-flow approach to rendering are a God send!!

I deleted the files from the temp folder...removed the pro version and downloaded/extracted the 1.5 free version. I ran the NRGUI.EXE... and the same invalid floating point error came up. :(

I'm happy to help out any way I can! At your convenience... please send me the special build and I'll get you the results back as soon as possible. :)

Thanks Zabukowski!

-Jables
jables
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby zabukowski » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Here is a special version of NRGUI.
http://www.calamitystudio.com/nrgui/NRGUI_jables.rar

Copy it into your NRGUI folder. Run it and let me know what will happen.

When you'll close the program, you'll find file named NRGUI.LOG inside NRGUI folder - please send it to zabukowski@gmail.com

Thanks !

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby jables » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 am

Hi Zabukowski,

My sincere apologies for taking a day longer to respond. Thanks again for sending the trace version. I did as instructed and here are the results. Upon running the exe... this window popped up...

Then when I clicked ok... the gui opened up... and to my amazement... all my nebula programs were there!

At least we're making some headway!! :) :) I wasn't sure if this is an actual working version or not... so I won't proceed any further until I hear from you first.

I just sent the log file to the email address you provided. I'm all excited now to get this up and running!!! Hope all is well and look forward to your response! :) :D

-Jables
jables
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Tools