Login

NRGUI/Nebula renderer 1.402 won't render ???

Additional software tools

NRGUI/Nebula renderer 1.402 won't render ???

Postby elam » Sat May 29, 2010 5:14 pm

OK,
I got a quad opteron PC, 3gig of RAM, XP SP2 (and a couple of hotfixes) and a m-audio firewire 410 card. I also have visual C++ 2005/2008 properly installed.

I installed NRGUI 1.3/1.4 and installed NRGUI pro too.I thing that all settings are OK.I'm using nebulareverb.xml as my acqua.xml.All NRGUI are opening without problem. I can select programs, load/save templates, etc...BUT none of them are "nebulizing".

I got a : "Assertion failed" message.Line 247 and 241 related to Visual C++.
I have unistalled Pro version, tried 1.3 alone, 1.4 alone etc...
Did you ever experience that ? Any idea ? Zabukowski/anyone ?

zabukowski
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: NRGUI/Nebula renderer 1.402 won't render ???

Postby lordnielson » Sat May 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Got the same error. Even after a complete OS reinstall. Must be incompatible hardware.

You can use one of the first NebulaRenderer.exe from the old forum.
lordnielson

Postby elam » Sun May 30, 2010 2:07 am

Thanks Niels. I'll try to find a oldschool version.Did it worked for you or it's just a guess ? Zab (Giancarlo is restin for now...) if you're around did you already have this type of issue from NRGUI users ? or do you think of somethin ?
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby zabukowski » Sun May 30, 2010 2:40 am

elam wrote:Thanks Niels. I'll try to find a oldschool version.Did it worked for you or it's just a guess ? Zab (Giancarlo is restin for now...) if you're around did you already have this type of issue from NRGUI users ? or do you think of somethin ?

Yes, this issue has been reported few times so far. I am afraid I can't help you with this. I've developed NRGUI, Giancarlo developed Nebula Renderer, which is the problem in your case. This is in fact very rare problem - there was a debate about in on the old forums - and there is no known solution so far :(. As I remember, this problem arised, when Nebula Renderer was compiled with newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. And yes, it's been reported, that older versions of renderer are working ok.

There is one problem, though. Older versions of renderer don't have "Gain processing" parameter, so NRGUI won't be able to use it properly. I am really not sure about it, gotta check it tomorrow.
If this is the case, I will try to build special NRGUI version without this parameter. Then you'll be able to use latest NRGUI with older versions of renderer, which are working on your machine. Of course this will be a temporary solution until problem is resolved.

I believe Giancarlo will look at this renderer issue, when he'll be a little less busy with his current developements.

If you'll find version of Nebula Renderer, which is working on your system please send it to me. I'll make it available to others as download from Tools subforum.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby lordnielson » Sun May 30, 2010 12:03 pm

This one works for me.

Sorry, uploaded an .exe file but they are not allowed. Zipped it and tried to upload but now my upload quota limit has been reached. :shock:

Think it's this one though.
http://www.acusticaudio.net/modules.php ... oad&id=359
lordnielson

Postby zabukowski » Sun May 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. Did you also find 64bit version (NebulaRenderer64.exe) ?

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Sun May 30, 2010 2:15 pm

lordnielson wrote:This one works for me.

Sorry, uploaded an .exe file but they are not allowed. Zipped it and tried to upload but now my upload quota limit has been reached. :shock:

Think it's this one though.
http://www.acusticaudio.net/modules.php ... oad&id=359

OK, I can confirm, that this version of Nebula Renderer works with all versions of NRGUI.

2 things:

- "Processing gain" parameter is ignored
- "REPLACE" suffix is not working

Thanks again :)
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby lordnielson » Sun May 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Found it on page 2 of the Renderer thread on the old forum. Don't think there was a 64bit version back then.
lordnielson

Postby elam » Sun May 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Sorry I get back to you late (it's the morning here).I started to read and download all the old different versions of Nebularenderer.(I should have started to read your answers first guys!!!!!). So I'll try with the version your find on page 2. As for the 64 bit version I have to check... Thanks both of you for the answer my men.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to Tools