Login

NRGUI 1.6d error

Additional software tools

NRGUI 1.6d error

Postby jcbryson1 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:47 am

Hi,

Love NRGUI! Was working fine until I upgraded to 1.6d and now I receive the following error:
"Assertion failed!" followed by additional information when I attempt to render files. I have attached an image of the error to this post in case it is helpful.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon
Attachments
error.JPG
Error message
error.JPG (33.43 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
jcbryson1
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: NRGUI 1.6d error

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun May 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Press retry 10 times and see what happens after. WXP? SP2? SP3? Did you update something in Windows?
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Sun May 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi :)

Yes, this issue has been reported few times so far. I am afraid I am still unable to help you regarding this issue :(

Few honest facts for better understanding of the problem:

I've developed NRGUI (PRO), Giancarlo developed Nebula Renderer, which is the problem in this case (note, Nebula Renderer is not officially supported, but it is needed for rendering with NRGUI)

I've never experienced this strange problem, so I can't troubleshoot/debug it on any of my machines (this is in fact still very rare problem)

Giancarlo is aware of this issue, but he has no idea, what could be the reason for this – in the latest conversation, he told me that renderer doesn't use w32 shared pointers, which are causing this problem according to the error message ?? (looks like problem is in libraries which are installed with Nebula).

As I remember, this problem first time arised, when Nebula Renderer was compiled with newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ compiler (some kind of run time libraries issue ???)

The temporary solution:

In fact there is an older version of Nebula Renderer, which works for users with this particular issue. If you want to try it, download it here.
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... opic#p1701
Then just replace existing NebulaRenderer.exe with this one.

You could also try to install the latest x86 and x84 versions of Nebula !!!!

I agree this is very strange, but i simply can't get enough info from the users, exactly when this problem started to show up (new installed software etc.). It would be very nice to have info like „NRGUI worked ok, then i've installed software x, and NRGUI stopped working). Please specify your system config, os etc., also.

Update to latest NRGUI version 1.6d is probably not a reason for this, except if you were using very old NRGUI/renderer version ...

And as you probably already know …

There is a new previewing/rendering program in the developement pipeline (alpha) - NebulaMan (win, osx - current version 0.8). You can read more about it in the forums. This will be a major improvement over NRGUI PRO. Release date is not yet determined - still a LOT of work has to be done, but current test users are very excited about this program.

NebulaMan program won't need NebulaRenderer, so this issue will be solved then.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

Thanks for reading this and understanding !
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby jcbryson1 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Ah, the runtime libraries, that is what changed on my machine. I thought it may have been when I updated NRGUI to the latest but about 2 weeks ago I downloaded and installed the latest C++ Runtime libraries from Microsoft to address a problem I was having in Sonar X1. I am on Windows XP SP3 if that's of any use.

In any event I downloaded Nebulaman last night and that will get me going again. Miss the program chains but I see that is on your list of things to do :-)

Thanks for the response, I will just carry on with Nebulaman and purchase the full version when you have it ready. I presume there will be some sort of 'upgrade' option at that time.

Thanks again!
Jon
jcbryson1
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jcbryson1 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:16 pm

By the way, I tried the older nebularender that you linked to and that allows me to use NRGUI again as well.

Thanks again for all your help!

Jon
jcbryson1
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Tools